Per Verizon:

"While the screen is shatterproof, the phone is not shockproof or designed to withstand all damage from dropping."

With that being said, will this phone require a case/protection? I currently have a spigen protective case for my Galaxy S5 and it has worked well. I don't drop my phone often but for the kind of money phones cost I always want it protected.

Thoughts??
    10-28-2015 06:48 PM
    Glass breakage is by far the top concern with a phone drop. Time will tell how "shatterproof" the screen is, but a drop will still result in at least visual damage to the phone's body. They already have cases available, and I'm sure some people will use them. I probably won't if I get one. It's all a matter of how you value risk vs bulk & cost.
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-28-2015 07:14 PM
    For me it's a handling thing. With my small hands, having the Speck Candyshell Grip on my Turbo helps a lot.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-29-2015 03:44 AM
    Im going to see if it is grippy enough w out it.. i would like to go naked but it will depend on how the phone feels.

Depending on how rough you are w your phones will really decide.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    10-29-2015 06:47 AM
    I'm going to Verizon to hold one today, but it better be a pretty thin case given its girth and bezels. I'm almost certain to stay with the Pure though after being with Verizon and seeing my droid Maxx still not get lollipop.
    10-29-2015 07:23 AM
    I'm going to Verizon to hold one today, but it better be a pretty thin case given its girth and bezels. I'm almost certain to stay with the Pure though after being with Verizon and seeing my droid Maxx still not get lollipop.
    Looks like the bezels were widened (versus the Pure Edition) in order to halt the edge-to-edge of the glass in order to support the whole 'shatterless' design. I'm not too worried, in fact I'm actually happy there's some bezels. I've used the Pure and other edge-to-edge designs like the LG G4, and my hand always created accidental touches of the screen. If the extra width also helped with putting in that big battery, then I'm all for it. The phone is remarkably thin for having that big battery (compare it's thickness with the G4.. it's actually slimmer and the G4 has a 3000mah battery).

Also, I think the new Turbo is the first phone that you can realistically go case-less with (if you're in it for the long haul and not worried about resell). So think about the width of any phone where you have to slap a case on it for fear of shattering the screen versus the width of the case-less Turbo 2.
    10-29-2015 07:50 AM
    I agree with having the side bezels. I have a G3. I am always accidentally touching the screen while just holding it. It gets annoying.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-29-2015 08:30 AM
    It kind of defeats the whole purpose of the MotoMaker customization idea if you cover it up with a case.
    anon(5002059) likes this.
    10-29-2015 09:21 AM
    It kind of defeats the whole purpose of the MotoMaker customization idea if you cover it up with a case.
    More than that, it defeats the point of the unbreakable screen and the wider bezels. Still looking forward to checking it out at lunchtime.
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-29-2015 09:45 AM
    Two reasons why I put a case on a phone is to protect the display in case of drop or when placing face down on a table (nobody does raised bezels anymore.) I don't think that this phone need a case for those reasons.

Another reason is to provide better grip to a slippery phone so I don't drop it or it doesn't slide out of a pocket. If this back of the Turbo 2 is slick, then I'd probably want a thin, grippy case on it.
    dmark44 and anon(9227267) like this.
    10-29-2015 10:31 AM
    I generally use the most minimal case I can with clear back panels. I intend to go caseless for this phone, but it should arrive today or tomorrow to see if that will work in practice.
    10-29-2015 10:57 AM
    I need a holster. So unless Seidio makes a holster for a non cased phone soon I'll have to come up with some case solution

10-29-2015 11:51 AM
    I need a holster. So unless Seidio makes a holster for a non cased phone soon I'll have to come up with some case solution

I was thinking the same thing. If I get the T2 I would hope Seidio makes a naked holster for it.
    If not the size is very close to the T1 in a Dilex pro case..... so maybe the naked T2 would fit in the holster from that....
    10-29-2015 11:57 AM
    I was thinking the same thing. If I get the T2 I would hope Seidio makes a naked holster for it.
    If not the size is very close to the T1 in a Dilex pro case..... so maybe the naked T2 would fit in the holster from that....
    Great idea. I've the Seidio holster for the LG G3 Active on my T1 with a Speck Candyshell case now (they didn't have the T1 when I bought my phone . . I'll post up later to let you know

10-29-2015 12:46 PM
    I put a clear TECH21 case on it, and bought the VZW flexible glass display protector. I gotta say, compared to the Original turbo, this display protector fits nice! right to the edges, not too small like the predecessor.
    Snareman likes this.
    10-29-2015 02:18 PM
    Great idea. I've the Seidio holster for the LG G3 Active on my T1 with a Speck Candyshell case now (they didn't have the T1 when I bought my phone . . I'll post up later to let you know

Yup, fits naked in this holster, but it's a little bit loose. Can modify the case with extra padding and it should be perfect. The phone itself is pretty slick though so it might need a bumper case for added grip

10-29-2015 05:11 PM
    I ended up buying a slim case for mine today just to have a little bit more grip. I was hoping to not have to, but I just felt better having a slim case on it that added a little bit of grip especially on the sides of the phone.

10-29-2015 10:12 PM
    A phone without a kickstand is a useless toy. This a kickstand case is a necessity.
    10-30-2015 01:09 AM
    I put a clear TECH21 case on it, and bought the VZW flexible glass display protector. I gotta say, compared to the Original turbo, this display protector fits nice! right to the edges, not too small like the predecessor.
    I echo djousma comments, as I did the same. I may return the Tech21 shell, and get a Verizon Shell/Holster combo, as I have always liked the holster concept.
    10-30-2015 01:20 AM
    A phone without a kickstand is a useless toy. This a kickstand case is a necessity.
    For some, sure. I've never really needed one myself.
    Snareman likes this.
    10-30-2015 10:12 AM
    If you don't care about dents or nicks to the body of the phone or are careful then no need for a case.
    10-30-2015 10:42 AM
    I took the case mate back today and got the tech 21 smokey grey. I wanted to clear one but it is actually frosted and did not look good on the black phone. The main reason I got that case is because it makes the buttons harder to push, with the other case it was being pushed all the time in my pocket and turning the volume down.

Moto Droid Turbo 2
    10-30-2015 01:46 PM
    I carry mine on my belt, so I require a case with a belt lock. I have always used the Verizon holster for all my motorola phones, and they have all worked well.
    10-30-2015 01:47 PM