10-31-2015 12:58 PM
82 1234
tools
    Error...
    10-29-2015 03:56 PM
    That's a clean look...
    10-29-2015 04:32 PM
    True! Less sensors and features though...
    Snareman likes this.
    10-29-2015 04:58 PM
    True! Less sensors and features though...
    Yup
    10-29-2015 05:01 PM
    And you could possibly import (or eBay?) a Moto X Play back and swap it onto the DROID MAXX 2. Goodbye logos.
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-29-2015 06:01 PM
    For the life of me I will never understand why so many people get so insanely worked up everytime they come out with a new phone and put a logo on it. People say they aren't going to buy the phone because of the logo. Its garish. It ruins the phone. How could they think to make the phone so hideously ugly by putting that little check mark on there? Are you all (everyone who complains about the logo) serious??? Last year you all complained because they put a Verizon logo on the back of the phone. I've had the phone since the day it came out and I pretty much have no clue that my phone has a Verizon logo on it. I just don't get how you are all so put off by a small logo on a phone exclusive to the company you are paying money to every month and who you are buying the phone from.

Ok, rant over.
    10-29-2015 10:17 PM
    Yeah! I was going to buy a Bugatti but couldn't handle the logo so now I walk everywhere, barefoot....naked to avoid all logos

Posted via Android Central App
    shadowsjc likes this.
    10-29-2015 10:38 PM
    For the life of me I will never understand why so many people get so insanely worked up everytime they come out with a new phone and put a logo on it. People say they aren't going to buy the phone because of the logo. Its garish. It ruins the phone. How could they think to make the phone so hideously ugly by putting that little check mark on there? Are you all (everyone who complains about the logo) serious??? Last year you all complained because they put a Verizon logo on the back of the phone. I've had the phone since the day it came out and I pretty much have no clue that my phone has a Verizon logo on it. I just don't get how you are all so put off by a small logo on a phone exclusive to the company you are paying money to every money and who you are buying the phone from.

Ok, rant over.
    I love how you rant and repeat "you all" when it was just me who brought up a point about my own taste. Such passion! One would hope that you put that much effort into other areas of life and get positive results
    10-29-2015 10:38 PM
    I love how you vent and repeat "you all" when it was just me who brought up a point about my own taste. Such passion! One would hope that you put that much effort into other areas of life and get positive results
    No, its not just you. I read these sorts of comments everywhere every year about every phone they put out a logo on. I was going to start a thread on my own just for the point of asking why everyone makes such a big deal of the darn logo and then I saw your thread. It really wasn't just directed at just you. My rant just happened to end up in your thread.
    philly likes this.
    10-29-2015 10:40 PM
    The hatred for the check mark is everywhere

10-29-2015 10:40 PM
    The hatred for the check mark is everywhere

Ew hatred such a harsh word
    10-29-2015 10:41 PM
    No, its not just you. I read these sorts of comments everywhere every year about every phone they put out a logo on. I was going to start a thread on my own just for the point of asking why everyone makes such a big deal of the darn logo and then I saw your thread. It really wasn't just directed at just you. My rant just happened to end up in your thread.
    No worries.
    10-29-2015 10:41 PM
    Ew hatred such a harsh word
    Dislike?

10-29-2015 10:54 PM
    The logo didn't really bother me
    Ry likes this.
    10-29-2015 11:05 PM
    It's ugly, but not even close to a deal-breaker.

There's the Moto X Force as well if you don't want Verizon's tramp stamp. May not work on Verizon, however.
    10-30-2015 07:26 AM
    It's ugly, but not even close to a deal-breaker.

There's the Moto X Force as well if you don't want Verizon's tramp stamp. May not work on Verizon, however.
    It does not support CDMA.
    10-30-2015 11:53 AM
    Personally, I don't "need" a new device. If I get one, it's because there's something special about it. I find that this device almost meets my needs with the exception that it's not IP rated for any sort of water proofing like the Moto G.

That said, the logo on the other hand, reminds me of the bloatware and how Motorola doesn't have enough clout to build things as they want to, you know, considering that it's their name on the actual device and their reputation. So Motorola is still weak enough in my eyes that it still gets to be dictated by the carrier in many respects.

That said, my iPhone is not so bad and I think I can wait till either the iPhone 7 or till Motorola grows some balls of confidence and makes things more "their way"

Now... If I absolutely NEEDED a new device, I'd probably go for a Nexus 6p over the Droid Turbo because of that lack of confidence in Motorola. Plus, a fingerprint scanner is icing on the cake as well. In any case, patience is a virtue
    10-30-2015 12:18 PM
    Who's put off from buying this phone based on the destruction of the front speaker for the purpose of that hideous Verizon logo?
    It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I think of it as much as I think about the Honda logos on my car, which is to say not at all until I started typing this message, and again not at all after I finish typing and post it.
    10-30-2015 01:05 PM
    It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I think of it as much as I think about the Honda logos on my car, which is to say not at all until I started typing this message, and again not at all after I finish typing and post it.
    There's social programming in all logos we "see" but dismiss. That's for another forum though
    10-30-2015 01:08 PM
    Personally, I don't "need" a new device. If I get one, it's because there's something special about it. I find that this device almost meets my needs with the exception that it's not IP rated for any sort of water proofing like the Moto G.

That said, the logo on the other hand, reminds me of the bloatware and how Motorola doesn't have enough clout to build things as they want to, you know, considering that it's their name on the actual device and their reputation. So Motorola is still weak enough in my eyes that it still gets to be dictated by the carrier in many respects.

That said, my iPhone is not so bad and I think I can wait till either the iPhone 7 or till Motorola grows some balls of confidence and makes things more "their way"

Now... If I absolutely NEEDED a new device, I'd probably go for a Nexus 6p over the Droid Turbo because of that lack of confidence in Motorola. Plus, a fingerprint scanner is icing on the cake as well. In any case, patience is a virtue
    Well, if Lenovo manages to turn them around and start making money, then maybe they'll have more clout with the carriers. I highly doubt it though - market share just isn't there. Yet people who have bought the recent Moto phones are generally very happy with them, even though nobody in the bigger picture is buying.
    RicanMedic78 likes this.
    10-30-2015 01:30 PM
    Everyone compares Verizon's logo to "Honda", or " Bugatti"...

Verizon isn't the manufacturer! Motorola is. That'd be like Mobil or Hess putting their logos on your Honda because you need them to power the vehicle.

Or Optimum/DirecTV putting their logo on your TV. They're provider, not the manufacturer.

While it's annoying, certainly not a deal breaker. And I bet with the "consumer replaceable lens" there's an opportunity to erase that check mark
    RicanMedic78 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-30-2015 02:41 PM

Verizon isn't the manufacturer! Motorola is. That'd be like Mobil or Hess putting their logos on your Honda because you need them to power the vehicle.

Or Optimum/DirecTV putting their logo on your TV. They're provider, not the manufacturer.

While it's annoying, certainly not a deal breaker. And I bet with the "consumer replaceable lens" there's an opportunity to erase that check mark
    I agree. If I pointed out a problem with the M on the back, or the Apple logo on the iPhone, that would be equivalent to a Honda logo. Carrier logo is different.

Plus... If you're still gonna do it, I'd say do it with class. This is the first time I've ever seen design astetics altered for the sake of a carrier logo. Let's not forget that the Verizon logo is already on the back of the phone, pretty big too. For me personally, that's just a big "Wow" to also have it imbedded to the front and ALSO split the speaker grille to do it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-30-2015 02:48 PM

But this is Verizon commissioning a phone from Motorola.

Verizon is the one that licenses the DROID name from Lucas. Motorola's customer is Verizon in this specific case. Verizon can stamp their logo wherever they want.
    10-30-2015 03:06 PM
    But this is Verizon commissioning a phone from Motorola.

Verizon is the one that licenses the DROID name from Lucas. Motorola's customer is Verizon in this specific case. Verizon can stamp their logo wherever they want.
    I didn't know we were debating what they "can" do here...
    10-30-2015 03:07 PM
    Verizon doesn't require cdma support for usage on its network.
    10-30-2015 03:09 PM
82 1234