Let's discuss the Verizon logo on the front of the DROID TURBO 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Who's put off from buying this phone based on the destruction of the front speaker for the purpose of that hideous Verizon logo? Personally, call it knit picking, but I would never give up my iPhone to support that sign of weakness on the part of both the carrier AND Motorola for allowing it. Past logos on the front have Always been bad, but this is a total disaster for the look of a pretty good feature rich phone that "almost" gets it right.

jmanches4286

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: That logo!!!

I don't know why people stress so much over the companies logo. Everything has visible logos...cars, TVs, appliances, clothes, shoes, etc...all marketing their brand. Hell some people spend extra just so everyone can see the branding, why would a phone company be any different?

Posted via Android Central App

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

I dont care about the logo either way personally.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

the thought literally never crossed my mind until i read this thread. personally i don't give a damn as long as the battery holds a 1+ day charge and the screen doesn't break....but, to each his own i guess.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

I don't mind the logo itself much other than that its placement reminds me that the Turbo is not sporting stereo speakers like the X.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

Just saw in store. Objectively, the logo is hardly garish.

I also discovered that it marks the perfect resting place for your thumb when holding the phone in landscape!

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

It actually forces a design change that "separates" the speaker grille, which is unheard of in cell phone design. I don't think I've ever seen an actual change in design to satisfy a carrier logo

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I don't mind it because the DROID line is Verizon's line and they can put their logo wherever they want on their phone.

You can buy the Moto X Force if you don't want Verizon's logo on a Verizon phone.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

There's a possibility the first ones out may not have the logo at all. At least that's the case with some (including mine) Turbo 1's in the 64 gigabyte variety. No Verizon branding at all.

Posted via the Android Central App

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

There's a possibility the first ones out may not have the logo at all. At least that's the case with some (including mine) Turbo 1's in the 64 gigabyte variety. No Verizon branding at all.

Posted via the Android Central App

I (and it sounds like others above) were in the store today, and the logo was there. It doesn't really bother me at all, though if it were on the outside of the glass (I don't think it is, but maybe under the top lens?) I'd probably try to rub/scratch it off, just because.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
My thing is that they had to split the speaker design which sat so well with the top speaker and gave it a symmetrical look top n bottom. Because of a "logo," they altered the design symmetry. If I buy that, I'm encouraging them to continue to do that. They've done this in the past and haven't seen a hit obviously. So it's obvious now that they took it to the next step here. Everyone makes their choice and whatever gets produced is a reflection of the buyer. So.... To each his own ;)

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My thing is that they had to split the speaker design which sat so well with the top speaker and gave it a symmetrical look top n bottom. Because of a "logo," they altered the design symmetry. If I buy that, I'm encouraging them to continue to do that. They've done this in the past and haven't seen a hit obviously. So it's obvious now that they took it to the next step here. Everyone makes their choice and whatever gets produced is a reflection of the buyer. So.... To each his own ;)

I am not so sure that they split the speaker design for the sole purpose of the logo, I mean they could have just of easily put it on the back like they did with the new MAXX2 that came out at the same time, or why didn't they do the same thing with the MAXX2 and put it on the front. But either way it really doesn't bother me that much.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
One side of the speaker doesn't function, the other side does. So the only reason to split the line was to accommodate the logo. And of course, to each his own. But for me, if it sells well with that logo, that may tell them that they could go further and alter design language to promote their network. Logo on the back should have just ended there.

It may seem trivial, but look at the iPhone. I'm pretty sure that was heavily discussed when it finally came to Verizon. End result, a completely carrier logo free device. Company value shoots up over small decisions like this

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
One side of the speaker doesn't function, the other side does. So the only reason to split the line was to accommodate the logo. And of course, to each his own. But for me, if it sells well with that logo, that may tell them that they could go further and alter design language to promote their network. Logo on the back should have just ended there.

It may seem trivial, but look at the iPhone. I'm pretty sure that was heavily discussed when it finally came to Verizon. End result, a completely carrier logo free device. Company value shoots up over small decisions like this

Not sure why you insist that everyone be swayed by a checkmark logo that everyone seems to think is pretty obscure. Branding exists on lots of phones.... look at HTC's phones (like the new A9), or the largest branding of all - the Nexus which basically covers the entire back.

It's silly to think that Verizon dictated the design due to the fact it wanted to stick a checkmark there. Look at the photo below of the Moto X Force which is the international version of the Turbo2. Same design. And make no mistake there will be far more Moto X Force's sold in the different international markets then there will be Turbos sold in the USA.

fullbleed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12