Let's discuss the Verizon logo on the front of the DROID TURBO 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Striking the right balance is crucial. If you're not understanding that, it's because you're focused on being "disagreeable" rather than sensible

You're seeing the DROID TURBO 2 as solely a Motorola product when it's not.

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
..just like the Moto X is Motorola's phone. ..just like the iPhone is Apple's phone.

Don't like that wording?

Fine.

The DROID-line is Verizon's product.

So let's complain about Verizon putting their logo on their product. Let's also complain about Samsung putting their logo on their products. Let's also complain about LG putting their logo on their products. Let's also complain about Toyota putting their logo on their product.

So off base...

Verizon doesn't produce the droid. Just like Google doesn't produce their nexus devices. You see "Google" stamped on any nexus device since 2012? Nope. Manufacturer and name of product.

You'll never win with logic...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Who's missing the point? I believe the topic of the conversation was lets discuss the Verizon logo on the front of the droid 2.

That's what we're doing. And to be honest, YOU'RE missing the point. We're discussing how obnoxious, ugly and unnecessarynitnis. In the course of the conversation Verizon's reasoning and logic for doing so come in to question. You've missed that aspect from the beginning...

I'm continuing to discuss the Verizon logo on the front of the Verizon DROID TURBO 2 by Motorola.

You continue to dismiss that it is a Verizon product thus Verizon can put their branding wherever they want.

Also missed, it's the only Verizon logo displayed on the actual physical device.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So off base...

Verizon doesn't produce the droid. Just like Google doesn't produce their nexus devices. You see "Google" stamped on any nexus device since 2012? Nope. Manufacturer and name of product.

You'll never win with logic...

Motorola makes the DROID TURBO 2 for Verizon. This isn't a Motorola product. This is a Verizon product. This is a special case, just like the other carrier brands (Sprint EVO, Epic - etc.).

Motorola can't do anything with the DROID-brand without permission from Verizon.

strawbee

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Of course they "can". Every provider puts their logo on almost every device sans the iPhone.

The discussion is why does Verizon, and ONLY Verizon feel the need to emblazon it on the front of the device which you look at while operating? It's ugly, and obnoxious. And consumers have a right to complain about it.

ATT does it too.

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Motorola makes the DROID TURBO 2 for Verizon. This isn't a Motorola product. This is a Verizon product. This is a special case, just like the other carrier brands (Sprint EVO, Epic - etc.).

Motorola can't do anything with the DROID-brand without permission from Verizon.

Nobody said anything about Motorola doing anything to the droid line. Motorola isn't in the picture here.

The nexus 6p is a GOOGLE product. Who's branding is on it? Huwaei. The 5x is a Google product. Who's name is on it? LG. The nexus 6? Motorola.

Doesn't say Google, Android, or any reference anywhere. There's your model comparison.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Nobody said anything about Motorola doing anything to the droid line. Motorola isn't in the picture here.

The nexus 6p is a GOOGLE product. Who's branding is on it? Huwaei. The 5x is a Google product. Who's name is on it? LG. The nexus 6? Motorola.

Doesn't say Google, Android, or any reference anywhere. There's your model comparison.

Neither Nexus is a DROID so your comparison falls flat.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Yes, it's very much like Sears Kenmore kitchen appliances. Sears doesn't "make" dishwashers, refrigerators or microwaves. Whirlpool, KitchenAid, or some other manufacturer actually makes the product. But they say "Kenmore" on them and are only sold through Sears stores.

That said, the Verizon checkmark at the bottom of the Droid Turbo 2 is obtrusive. I'm glad my T1 64GB does not have the Verizon name or logo on the outside of it.

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Neither Nexus is a DROID so your comparison falls flat.

Wtf are you talking about? I guess this discussion has hit the wall since you can longer comprehend.

Nexus is to Google as droid is to Verizon. Nexus devices lack obnoxious Google branding. Droid devices are slathered with obnoxious Verizon branding. There's your comparison.

Google can manage to not brand their devices. Verizon can't. What's wrong with Verizon? That's the question.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note - Some posts have been cleaned. Let's stay on topic and not go down the troll road.

Thanks.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
You're seeing the DROID TURBO 2 as solely a Motorola product when it's not.

It's currently the Motorola product of most appeal.

And you can miss the point all you want and that's fine. I'll try one more time and then happily stop useless back n forth (ppl do that a lot these days).

A manufacturer can put logos on their product all they want. In fact, anything can be done. Point is that they want to actually SELL said product right? You may buy it but others like me won't. So they will lose some people, others not. So the message conveyed is very important! I don't care what contracts are made on who "has permission" to do what. You're trying to sell the product to ME, to YOU, to others! So this is not a "look what I can do since I have all the control." This is about the care one should take to make the right selling choices, aka BUSINESS choices.

A manufacturers logo is different from a "carrier" logo. So you can say it is a collaboration btwn VZW and Motorola, this is true! It still doesn't change the point that it installs a lack of confidence on the part of the carrier, it shows a desire to "control" the message we see in our minds, and it's still at the end of the day, A MOTOROLA FIRST product. A car logo is the logo of the manufacturer. And even Toyota, or Honda, or any car company, they always take great care on what that logo will look like. You won't see a Toyota spell its name on the front. You'll see a "symbol." Why? Consumers will not buy an advertisement on wheels. So care is taken to make sure that even a manufacturer places the right logo for the product they want to sell.

That alteration that Motorola did in their redesign cost them $$$. And that is partly why the iPhone is so valued and no phone OEM can never go head to head with them. Samsung has come the closest but still doesn't have the power of Apple. And that's unfortunate because android is a great operating system and ecosystem.

So the bottom line is that, if a company wants to stand out, it needs to consider its power of influence. When you see an iPhone with no VZW logo, no VZW bloatware, that speaks volumes!

Motorola is linked to VZW. But there are plenty of subtle ways to make that point known without throwing that message in your face by force. Even worse, and I repeat, destroy the design esthetics for the sole purpose of demonstrating a lack of confidence.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Wtf are you talking about? I guess this discussion has hit the wall since you can longer comprehend.

Nexus is to Google as droid is to Verizon. Nexus devices lack obnoxious Google branding. Droid devices are slathered with obnoxious Verizon branding. There's your comparison.

Google can manage to not brand their devices. Verizon can't. What's wrong with Verizon? That's the question.

What Google does with the Nexus is irrelevant with what Verizon does with the DROID line.

Until you can comprehend that Verizon can put their logo wherever they want onto their products, we'll just be going around in circles. I'm fine with that.

Question: Why did Verizon put their logo on the front of the Verizon DROID TURBO 2 by Motorola?
Answer: It's their product and they can put it wherever they want.
Answer: Because that's what Verizon wanted to do.
Answer: Because they can.

The answer is obvious.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's currently the Motorola product of most appeal.

And you can miss the point all you want and that's fine. I'll try one more time and then happily stop useless back n forth (ppl do that a lot these days).

A manufacturer can put logos on their product all they want. In fact, anything can be done. Point is that they want to actually SELL said product right? You may buy it but others like me won't. So they will lose some people, others not. So the message conveyed is very important! I don't care what contracts are made on who "has permission" to do what. You're trying to sell the product to ME, to YOU, to others! So this is not a "look what I can do since I have all the control." This is about the care one should take to make the right selling choices, aka BUSINESS choices.

A manufacturers logo is different from a "carrier" logo. So you can say it is a collaboration btwn VZW and Motorola, this is true! It still doesn't change the point that it installs a lack of confidence on the part of the carrier, it shows a desire to "control" the message we see in our minds, and it's still at the end of the day, A MOTOROLA FIRST product. A car logo is the logo of the manufacturer. And even Toyota, or Honda, or any car company, they always take great care on what that logo will look like. You won't see a Toyota spell its name on the front. You'll see a "symbol." Why? Consumers will not buy an advertisement on wheels. So care is taken to make sure that even a manufacturer places the right logo for the product they want to sell.

That alteration that Motorola did in their redesign cost them $$$. And that is partly why the iPhone is so valued and no phone OEM can never go head to head with them. Samsung has come the closest but still doesn't have the power of Apple. And that's unfortunate because android is a great operating system and ecosystem.

So the bottom line is that, if a company wants to stand out, it needs to consider its power of influence. When you see an iPhone with no VZW logo, no VZW bloatware, that speaks volumes!

Motorola is linked to VZW. But there are plenty of subtle ways to make that point known without throwing that message in your face by force. Even worse, and I repeat, destroy the design esthetics for the sole purpose of demonstrating a lack of confidence.

You continue to assume that the DROID TURBO 2 is a Motorola-first product. Just because Motorola manufactures this product, it still doesn't change the fact that the DROID TURBO 2 is a Verizon product.

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
What Google does with the Nexus is irrelevant with what Verizon does with the DROID line.

Until you can comprehend that Verizon can put their logo wherever they want onto their products, we'll just be going around in circles. I'm fine with that.

Question: Why did Verizon put their logo on the front of the Verizon DROID TURBO 2 by Motorola?
Answer: It's their product and they can put it wherever they want.
Answer: Because that's what Verizon wanted to do.
Answer: Because they can.

The answer is obvious.

Chris20nyy-Of course they "can". Every provider puts their logo on almost every device sans the iPhone.

I already " comprehended" that Verizon CAN. See? That was post 52. Guess you didn't read it.

And where did I ask WHY? Im done with you. You're not with us obviously..

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
You continue to assume that the DROID TURBO 2 is a Motorola-first product. Just because Motorola manufactures this product, it still doesn't change the fact that the DROID TURBO 2 is a Verizon product.

It doesn't change the fact that care should taken to strike the right balance. Who has more control of the product is something that you or I can never know. And therefore I don't care. I care about judging the end result, that is all.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Chris, as some point, going in circles is just that, going in circles. He knows what you mean. He just wants to ignore you and complicate what should have been a much more pleasant debate on a very narrow concept.

Ppl love to complicate their worlds

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Also remember that OEMs do have accounts in these forums and do try to sway discussions to the benefit of their product. So careful not to waste your time arguing about trivial things with a drone marketing employee

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Even worse, and I repeat, destroy the design esthetics for the sole purpose of demonstrating a lack of confidence.

It doesn't change the fact that care should taken. Who has more control of the product is something that you or I can never know. And therefore I don't care. I care about judging the end result

Just as you assert that no one can know who controls more of the product neither can you know if they are putting their logo on the product out of a "lack of confidence".

Not picking a fight with you, just pointing out something I noticed.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Just as you assert that no one can know who controls more of the product neither can you know if they are putting their logo on the product out of a "lack of confidence".

Not picking a fight with you, just pointing out something I noticed.

That part is my own "consumer based" judgement. Who else gets to judge that best besides the potential consumer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae