11-18-2015 01:12 PM
167 1234 ...
tools
    what phone are you trading in?
    She was just telling me I was eligible, I don't know if she was guaranteeing the $300. But it is a droid turbo, so I should be close to good

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-29-2015 09:46 AM
    I replaced my droid turbo with the turbo 2, and it was fully paid off. I decided to keep that phone as a backup, just in case. The phone I traded in was one lying around the house with a broken screen - droid mini. I asked the clerk if I could trade in an old Black Berry STorm with a broken screen, and she as long as it powers on, yep! So will be doing the same with my wifes phone this weekend.
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-29-2015 09:57 AM
    I replaced my droid turbo with the turbo 2, and it was fully paid off. I decided to keep that phone as a backup, just in case. The phone I traded in was one lying around the house with a broken screen - droid mini. I asked the clerk if I could trade in an old Black Berry STorm with a broken screen, and she as long as it powers on, yep! So will be doing the same with my wifes phone this weekend.
    So, you got $300? What did the price end up being after the trade in?
    10-29-2015 10:12 AM
    No, I got $200. And it was applied as a bill credit instantly. Wanted a gift card, so that I could apply the value of it to the phone directly, but they wouldnt do that for an existing account.
    NickB2005 likes this.
    10-29-2015 10:22 AM
    I think when they say that upgrades are not eligible they are talking about people currently on contract who are eligible for one more upgrade on a two year contract (the old $199 upgrade on two year contract deals for a $600 phone.) If you switch to Edge and the new shared data plans you can upgrade a phone on your line off contract and get the trade in deal.
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-29-2015 10:34 AM
    I went through the process on Verizon this morning as a test. I put that I was upgrading my device. I was offered $200 for my 2013 Moto X.

However, I want to keep it as my back up. I want to find out what I can get for my old HTC Rezound, but I didn't have the IMEI (?) # handy. Will try it tonight.
    doogald likes this.
    10-29-2015 10:58 AM
    ^That's funny you have a Rezound. I really liked that phone, with the big extended battery on it. Then I got a Droid Maxx and now the 2015 MXPE. I didn't have my IMEI for my Rezound either so I didn't get a number for the trade in, not that I'm getting a Turbo 2.
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-29-2015 01:54 PM
    I too was quoted $200, for my Droid Maxx. I'm a current customer with the 6gb no-contract plan.
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-29-2015 02:25 PM
    My buddy that works for Motorola and is in Verizon stores for launch today told me it's only $200 for any upgrades for a trade in towards the Turbo 2. You can't use it on non-contract deals.
    10-29-2015 02:32 PM
    I just returned from the store. New account sign up. I was given a $300 credit for my three and a half year old Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. I have already received the credit in my email. I almost feel guilty, lol.
    Normal Verizon appraisal was for only $14. Even on eBay, I was looking at $25 (net) after fees.

Thank you for using the Verizon Device Recycling Program. Download the appropriate tax form for your records and see below for information about your recent recycling transaction.
    Card Value: $300.00
    Gift Card Issued: $300.00
    Remaining Balance: $300.00
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-29-2015 03:09 PM
    I just returned from the store. New account sign up. I was given a $300 credit for my three and a half year old Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. I have already received the credit in my email. I almost feel guilty, lol.
    Normal Verizon appraisal was for only $14. Even on eBay, I was looking at $25 (net) after fees.

Thank you for using the Verizon Device Recycling Program. Download the appropriate tax form for your records and see below for information about your recent recycling transaction.
    Card Value: $300.00
    Gift Card Issued: $300.00
    Remaining Balance: $300.00
    Wow, if I can get that kind of deal from a 3+ year phobe, I will definitely swing to the Turbo. As it stands, if I get little to no trade value, I'm leaning towards the MXPE mainly due to in-hand feel and price.
    10-29-2015 03:23 PM
    Verizon offered me $200 for my og droid.
    10-29-2015 03:32 PM
    But only with a new line right?
    10-29-2015 03:52 PM
    But only with a new line right?
    No existing line.
    shadowsjc likes this.
    10-29-2015 03:55 PM
    Verizon offered me $200 for my og droid.
    People are coming to this thread trying to learn how to get $300 for their trade in, so a lot of posts concerning personal experiences are confusing the matter because people aren't posting what the details of their transaction were.

In order to get the FULL $300 for a trade-in you have to be creating a new account, OR you must be adding a line to your existing account. Upgrading a phone on an existing line won't get you the full $300.
    10-29-2015 04:07 PM
    People are coming to this thread trying to learn how to get $300 for their trade in, so a lot of posts concerning personal experiences are confusing the matter because people aren't posting what the details of their transaction were.

In order to get the FULL $300 for a trade-in you have to be creating a new account, OR you must be adding a line to your existing account. Upgrading a phone on an existing line won't get you the full $300.
    I just did a walk through online. I have one upgrade available and if I add the new Turbo to my cart, then trade in the old Turbo, they do indeed offer the $300 credit.
    May play around later and see if I get the same deal on my G2 with cracked screen.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-29-2015 04:08 PM
    Has anyone with unlimited gotten this promo? I went to the store today and they told me they couldn't give me the promo without me using my unlimited data BUT after the price increase Nov. 15 they said they could? It didn't make since to me, but I had my hands full with my daughter so I couldn't argue too much.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-29-2015 04:10 PM

This.

My sister is adding a line today for her son and the salesman I spoke with on the phone told me to go buy a prepaid smartphone which I did for $40 (Boost Mobile ZTE). I'm going in with her in an hour or so to do the deal. If the trade-in doesn't work I'll just return it.

I'll look at the phone myself too. Not sure if I'll upgrade from the Turbo but I'll be there so why not check?
    10-29-2015 04:31 PM
    Has anyone with unlimited gotten this promo? I went to the store today and they told me they couldn't give me the promo without me using my unlimited data BUT after the price increase Nov. 15 they said they could? It didn't make since to me, but I had my hands full with my daughter so I couldn't argue too much.

Posted via Android Central App
    I'm in the same boat. Would love to get this deal and keep my udp. Let me know if you have any success. I'm afraid if I try it online it will just switch me to another plan.
    10-29-2015 04:49 PM
    Verizon's new no-contract plans got me out of my unlimited data plan. We're saving about $20 a month on a 6gb plan that my wife & I are on. Most months I use 2-3gb, and my wife has a flip phone. Now she can get a smartphone (if she decides she wants one) without extra charge, and I can tether without having to root a phone (which is more of an issue as Android Pay hopefully takes off, and it won't work on a rooted phone). The savings pays for phones better than the contract discounts ever did. I'm a little sad to have to think a little about the data cap, but so far I'm nowhere near it.
    10-29-2015 05:09 PM

The turbo 2 up to $300 promotion is different than the $300 port in promotion
    10-29-2015 05:25 PM
    Oh, I wanted a Note 5 anyway.
    10-29-2015 05:43 PM
    I went to a store in nyc and they said that the $300 promotion was for new Verizon customers only and that I was not eligible. I think (hope ) they are wrong and will check another store right now
    10-29-2015 06:09 PM
    I went to store #2 and they looked up my account and said that I'd need to change my plan (and lose unlimited data) in order to qualify for the 300$ credit promotion...no thanks
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-29-2015 06:40 PM
    I went to store #2 and they looked up my account and said that I'd need to change my plan (and lose unlimited data) in order to qualify for the 300$ credit promotion...no thanks
    I really expect unlimited data folks to get zero help in getting discounts, etc. Verizon really wants those to go away. I was willing to buy phones outright to keep it, but when I figured out I could get into a no-contract plan with more than enough data for $20 less a month, they finally got me out of my unlimited data about a month ago.
    10-29-2015 06:42 PM
167 1234 ...