11-18-2015 02:12 PM
167 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I think the issue is, at least for me, and what I found out, is that if you are an existing customer with udp , not on a Contract, you are not eligible technically for an upgrade unless you want to now commit to a two-year contract at your current data plan price. And most of us that price is going up $20 per month. Nor are they giving me $300. The online trade in for my T1 is $127

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-30-2015 01:49 PM
    They charge you up-front $199 for a $624 phone, but then the monthly price of service for the next 24 months includes $20/month for the rest of the phone - that $480, so you'll spend $679 over two years.
    Are you sure you are not confusing that would be $20 line fee on their new data plans?

10-30-2015 01:52 PM
    you are paying $20 for the line fee would you would have to pay regardless of your phone

10-30-2015 02:22 PM
    As I understand it those of us on udp are eligible for none of this without changing plans unless you have gamed the system through Best Buy and are currently on a 2 year contract.

I recently extended my udp contract for one year to get 100 extra min a month for free but my understanding is that one year plan extension entitles me to nothing, nada.

If I am somehow entitled to the 300 dollar trade in "bonus" or any other money savings offer would some kind soul please explain it to me? If considered off topic I would be delighted to receive a pm. If this new post by vzw means I am able to get 300 dollars off for some crappy old pho e that would be on topic but it would be a reversal of everything previously said here.

In a way pronouncements from VZW on high in blogs or elsewhere are irrelevant. VZW reps can only give offers that are in the computer profile of each user. If the offer is not there King Verizon Lord of Mobile Phones himself couldn't get the offer to run in the system.
    10-30-2015 02:32 PM
    The Verizon order process online is nothing but pure frustration. I start the Turbo 2 order process and choose the "Designed by you" option. Then I did an appraisal on my old device, which is not the $300 trade in option. After figuring out that VZW was only going to give me $11 for my Droid Razr Maxx, I cancelled that and found out that I had to go through the Turbo2 design process all over again. I did that and added it to my cart. Then I had to select which line to upgrade; and after going through that I had to AGAIN go through the Turbo2 design process. What a PITA.

And now I've been staring at this for about a half hour... Guess I get to start the order process all over again:

Awaiting feedback on VZW "up to 0 deal"-vzw-order.png
    10-30-2015 03:00 PM
    The Verizon order process online is nothing but pure frustration. I start the Turbo 2 order process and choose the "Designed by you" option. Then I did an appraisal on my old device, which is not the $300 trade in option. After figuring out that VZW was only going to give me $11 for my Droid Razr Maxx, I cancelled that and found out that I had to go through the Turbo2 design process all over again. I did that and added it to my cart. Then I had to select which line to upgrade; and after going through that I had to AGAIN go through the Turbo2 design process. What a PITA.

And now I've been staring at this for about a half hour... Guess I get to start the order process all over again:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VZW order.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	238.0 KB 
ID:	203814
    Typical Verizon problems... But you can order over the phone or in stores to get the trade in.
    10-30-2015 03:35 PM
    Not if I want to use a regular line to keep my UDP and put the Turbo2 on that....
    10-30-2015 03:40 PM
    As I understand it those of us on udp are eligible for none of this without changing plans unless you have gamed the system through Best Buy and are currently on a 2 year contract.

I recently extended my udp contract for one year to get 100 extra min a month for free but my understanding is that one year plan extension entitles me to nothing, nada.

If I am somehow entitled to the 300 dollar trade in "bonus" or any other money savings offer would some kind soul please explain it to me? If considered off topic I would be delighted to receive a pm. If this new post by vzw means I am able to get 300 dollars off for some crappy old pho e that would be on topic but it would be a reversal of everything previously said here.

In a way pronouncements from VZW on high in blogs or elsewhere are irrelevant. VZW reps can only give offers that are in the computer profile of each user. If the offer is not there King Verizon Lord of Mobile Phones himself couldn't get the offer to run in the system.

First none of the trade in promotions are good for service contract phones. And Verizon won't allow udp to do device payments and keep udp until November 15th.

With that said, there are different trade in promotions currently active. There is a $300 trade in promotion good on any phone with new number and port in. This is good on any device.

There is also a t2 specific trade in promotion where you can get up to $300 for a smartphone,even a cracked one. However this promotion is most beneficial for older devices as it is an unadvertised $200 minimum smartphone trade in.

Personally I have over half a dozen unlimited data lines, but my parents are on tdp, so I use their lines to get dpp promotions
    10-30-2015 03:42 PM
    Not if I want to use a regular line to keep my UDP and put the Turbo2 on that....
    If your upgrade I'd from the tdp line then it won't be a problem to buy on the tdp line and then move it to the UDP line after activation.

If the upgrade is from the UDP line then you should use a subsidized upgrade through one of the loopholes. You won't qualify for the trade in promotion but the savings over 2 years would outweigh it.
    10-30-2015 03:45 PM
    Yep, that's what I planned on doing- transfer my upgrade from one of my UDP lines to a TDP, buy the Turbo2 on a 2 year contract extension, and then when I get it transfer it back to my UDP. I was going to try to see if I could do the trade in as well.... what I'm hearing is that with this method it will not be available.
    10-30-2015 03:47 PM
    Yep, that's what I planned on doing- transfer my upgrade from one of my UDP lines to a TDP, buy the Turbo2 on a 2 year contract extension, and then when I get it transfer it back to my UDP. I was going to try to see if I could do the trade in as well.... what I'm hearing is that with this method it will not be available.
    Unfortunately the t2 trade in promotion requires dpp.

Awaiting feedback on VZW "up to 0 deal"-uploadfromtaptalk1446236234560.jpg
    10-30-2015 04:17 PM
    Are you sure you are not confusing that would be $20 line fee on their new data plans?
    Yes. When you come to the end of your two year contract and still own the phone (so it's now month-to-month), and you call Verizon and see if they can reduce the bill, they will reduce it by $20 a month - basically the hidden cost of the phone subsidy. We've been paying full price for these phones all along, it was just never specified in the monthly bill as it is now for the new non-contract plans.
    10-30-2015 04:20 PM
    Unfortunately the t2 trade in promotion requires dpp.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1446236234560.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	340.1 KB 
ID:	203826
    Legal-speak. What does that mean? Does that = a new line, or???
    10-30-2015 04:20 PM
    Really??!!!!??? Never knew that. I've been paying that extra $20 a month for quite a while now... Damn.
    10-30-2015 04:21 PM
    Legal-speak. What does that mean? Does that = a new line, or???
    The turbo trade in promotion is for upgrades and new line of service. Notice no exclusions on upgrades.

For the new line of service $300 minimum promotion, it explicitly excludes upgrades Awaiting feedback on VZW "up to 0 deal"-uploadfromtaptalk1446236822794.jpg
    Sandman333 likes this.
    10-30-2015 04:27 PM
    The turbo trade in promotion is for upgrades and new line of service. Notice no exclusions on upgrades.

For the new line of service $300 minimum promotion, it explicitly excludes upgrades Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1446236822794.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	177.9 KB 
ID:	203829
    Gotcha, thanks.
    10-30-2015 04:32 PM
    However this promotion is most beneficial for older devices as it is an unadvertised $200 minimum smartphone trade in.
    How do you know this? Thanks
    10-30-2015 04:35 PM
    First none of the trade in promotions are good for service contract phones. And Verizon won't allow udp to do device payments and keep udp until November 15th.

With that said, there are different trade in promotions currently active. There is a $300 trade in promotion good on any phone with new number and port in. This is good on any device.

There is also a t2 specific trade in promotion where you can get up to $300 for a smartphone,even a cracked one. However this promotion is most beneficial for older devices as it is an unadvertised $200 minimum smartphone trade in.

Personally I have over half a dozen unlimited data lines, but my parents are on tdp, so I use their lines to get dpp promotions
    That's funny because that is when the $100 off 24 month payment deal expires. I might just be better off buying a Note 4. They are selling cheap on the bay.
    10-30-2015 05:17 PM
    How do you know this? Thanks
    Well I tried an og droid and a prepaid smartphone that I paid $20 for a few years ago. Both yielded a $200 promotional trade in amount.
    buildscapeinc likes this.
    10-30-2015 05:24 PM
    Well I tried an og droid and a prepaid smartphone that I paid $20 for a few years ago. Both yielded a $200 promotional trade in amount.
    When giving that info it is helpful to know what kind of plan you are currently on and which phone you are purchasing. You may have already said but I forget.
    10-30-2015 06:02 PM
    When giving that info it is helpful to know what kind of plan you are currently on and which phone you are purchasing. You may have already said but I forget.
    Nationwide. It was on a tdp line.
    10-30-2015 06:40 PM
    I know udp but sorry I don't know tdp but thank you very much for not saying "go look it up".
    10-30-2015 06:53 PM
    Don't click on any appraisal links until you get to check out, and the pop up window comes up that lets you "Continue" or "Trade in Old Device."

The verbage when you click on 'learn more" about the Turbo 2 Trade-in promotion says eligible phones will get minimum $100. But as someone posted above, it seems as if they're offering a minimum $200.

I put in my original Droid Incredible and was offered $200. Which is the same as they offered my much newer 2013 Moto X.

This is for upgrading the phone on my existing line, not a new line.

Name:	VZW order.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	238.0 KB 
ID:	203814
    10-30-2015 09:53 PM
    I know udp but sorry I don't know tdp but thank you very much for not saying "go look it up".
    Tiered data plan
    10-30-2015 11:47 PM
    I got $200 for a shattered iPhone 4. Phone just has to turn on and must use payments no contracts on this promo. New customers get $300.

dmark44 likes this.
    10-31-2015 12:56 AM
167 ... 23456 ...