Awaiting feedback on VZW "up to $300 deal"

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I spent about 2 hours in the store ordering this phone and had managers on the phone guaranteed the $300 credit for a new line on my existing account. I traded in my son's S3 mini. Only part that was sketchy was they could not tell me if it was going to be a gift card or account credit. I wouldn't do deal if it wasn't going to be a gift card. I needed the card so I could use the $300 towards device payments. They called someone who guaranteed it. I got my code in email and ordered online at Motorola. 11/11/2015 delivery date.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I spent about 2 hours in the store ordering this phone and had managers on the phone guaranteed the $300 credit for a new line on my existing account. I traded in my son's S3 mini. Only part that was sketchy was they could not tell me if it was going to be a gift card or account credit. I wouldn't do deal if it wasn't going to be a gift card. I needed the card so I could use the $300 towards device payments. They called someone who guaranteed it. I got my code in email and ordered online at Motorola. 11/11/2015 delivery date.

That's the new line trade in promotion not the t2 up to $300 promotion...

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I was on vz prepaid till yesterday when I picked up the t2. There is no way to get the discount on prepaid. I started a new post paid account and got full pop discount ($300) for a bruised up g3. My monthly fee went up 5 bucks for 3 gigs, no biggie, plus I get enhanced lte (volte). Walked out paying $325, no tax. (OR)

This phone's battery life is mind blowing. Just went over 8 hrs sot with 19% left, first charge.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I wasn't aware there was another $300 promotion. So what's the difference in the promotion?

I didn't know there was two separate promos either. All I see is "up to" 300 bucks.

EDIT: The "up to" 300 bucks is for the Turbo 2. They also have a "switch to Verizon" where you port to Verizon and trade in a device and you get 300 bucks.

Switch and Save - Verizon Wireless

rick1042

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Ordered mine online friday and was quoted $200 for my og droid. picked up the turbo 2 in store and love it. get an email sunday that my device recycling order was cancelled due to shipping address error for the return envelope. they say to go back online and resubmit but don't seem to be able to do that for the $200 promo with going thru the full new phone order process again, and no way to edit the original order.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ordered mine online friday and was quoted $200 for my og droid. picked up the turbo 2 in store and love it. get an email sunday that my device recycling order was cancelled due to shipping address error for the return envelope. they say to go back online and resubmit but don't seem to be able to do that for the $200 promo with going thru the full new phone order process again, and no way to edit the original order.
Call Verizon to see what they can do.

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know there was two separate promos either. All I see is "up to" 300 bucks.

EDIT: The "up to" 300 bucks is for the Turbo 2. They also have a "switch to Verizon" where you port to Verizon and trade in a device and you get 300 bucks.

Switch and Save - Verizon Wireless

Right, I have been on Verizon for 10 plus years so I didn't get the new customer deal. I traded in an S3 mini on the T2 and got the $300. I was told if I did this as an upgrade I would not have gotten that much. They offered me $199 for my T1 and $8 for the same S3 mini if I wasn't opening a new line.

alhadee12

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I think the caveats are pretty clear:

Smartphone trade-in must be in good, working condition. Excludes upgrades.

How to claim this offer.

New Verizon customers as well as existing customers who want to add a new smartphone line can get $300 for their old phone.
1) Add a new smartphone with monthly device payments to your cart.
2)Complete your trade-in appraisal during checkout.
When prompted, click “trade in old device.” You will be taken to the device recycling page to appraise your old smartphone.
3) Send us your trade-in in good, working condition.
You’ll receive a box to return it within 5 days. New Verizon customers will receive a VZW electronic gift card within 2 weeks and existing Verizon customers will receive an account credit in 1-2 billing cycles.

So the 2 MAIN caveats appear to be: 1) NEW CUSTOMER (and buying new phone) OR 2) ADDING a line to an existing plan (and buying a new phone).

I don't think it matters if you're trading in an original Droid versus a newer phone as long as it's in 'good' working order. That term 'good' will probably need to be clarified better by the CSR or Sales person.
Can this be done in store or just online?

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
ok I just picked up 2 turbo's today, full price. I went in and told them, I wanted to do the trade in offer, I have a like new galaxy S4, the guy told me I would lose my unlimited data, I asked him why..he said the only way to use the offer is one of their plans which would take away my unlimited data..I said how about paying full price..he acted stunned..:you want to pay full retail...649$" or something like that..I asked if I got to keep my unlimited data and he said yup. Verizon is trying their best sneaky way to get you off those unlimited plans..f them...

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
ok I just picked up 2 turbo's today, full price. I went in and told them, I wanted to do the trade in offer, I have a like new galaxy S4, the guy told me I would lose my unlimited data, I asked him why..he said the only way to use the offer is one of their plans which would take away my unlimited data..I said how about paying full price..he acted stunned..:you want to pay full retail...649$" or something like that..I asked if I got to keep my unlimited data and he said yup. Verizon is trying their best sneaky way to get you off those unlimited plans..f them...

And they are gonna bone you for 20 bucks a month for each unlimited account not under contract.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I am on a business plan where we buy outright or on contract. I don't believe we are able to do a device payment plan. Any idea whether I will be able to upgrade and get the T2 promo?

Thanks.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am on a business plan where we buy outright or on contract. I don't believe we are able to do a device payment plan. Any idea whether I will be able to upgrade and get the T2 promo?

Thanks.
The promo requires device payment plan

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
And they are gonna bone you for 20 bucks a month for each unlimited account not under contract.
That's why I did mine subsidised. By avoiding that $20/month over the two year contract, it's actually over $100 cheaper to upgrade than not.

fierro951

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Does this mean, if we are indeed upgrading to a droid turbo 2 and making the payments, we can trade in any phone for a minimum of $200 Verizon credit. Including a cheap Droid X I have laying around. Wow thats not half bad. Time to buy out the rest what I owe and sell my phone while trading in my old clunker.

Douglas Griffis

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I started online late yesterday, but ended up going to the store to get my T2.
I had the Droid MAXX, but didnt want to get rid of it.
Gave it to my son as a gamer device, and brought his cracked screen, Galaxy Nexus as a trade in
200 credit to account on the spot, plus somehow 100 bucks of the T2 price.

mspindler

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I went into a corporate Verizon store to get the Turbo 2. I had a Droid Ultra that was eligible for an upgrade. The deal I got was this:
$26 month for 24 months for new Turbo 2
Gave me $25 for 24 months statement credit toward line fee (So basically $1 a month for the cost of the phone)
Paid $34 activiation and taxes fee when I bought the phone
Gave them my Droid Ultra in perfect condition
They offered me a $200 gift card or $200 statement credit. I took the statement credit.
So at the end of the day, Verizon paid me $175 to take the Turbo 2 :D:D:D:D

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I could never make myself get a phone on credit. I gave them almost 1400$ and walked out with 2 t2's and my unlimited data plan intact

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a 64GB version from the website using the Design Your Own option. I'm trading in a Droid 4 for $200. The local store says I can turn it in with them if I don't want to mail it. Sweet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol