11-18-2015 01:12 PM
167 ... 4567
tools
    I went to the store and they told me any smart phone that turns on. They would have taken a 6 year old blackberry touch. I just need to wait until the 15th so I can keep my unlimited plan and use the promo.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Can you explain what to do after the 15th? I have 2 udp lines on month to month.
    11-12-2015 10:51 PM
    Can you explain what to do after the 15th? I have 2 udp lines on month to month.
    Supposedly on the 15th (after the price increase), you will be able to use their payment plan which will allow us UDP people to get their promos. You can also just pay off the phone right after you finance it if you don't want to take 2 years to pay for it, personally I think paying on a phone for 2 years is craziness.

xweb10 and recDNA like this.
    11-12-2015 11:53 PM
    mailed my og droid to them last friday for my $200 credit. already received an email from them this morning that it has passed inspection and i will be getting my credit applied in one or two billing cycles. so the inspection/approval process does not take long.
    Toes Up likes this.
    11-13-2015 12:40 PM
    already received an email from them this morning that it has passed inspection and i will be getting my credit applied in one or two billing cycles. so the inspection/approval process does not take long.
    If your experience is anything like mine last month, you'll get the credit almost immediately. It was much faster than one or two billing cycles.
    11-13-2015 03:27 PM
    anybody have any idea what is the cheapest phone you can still get the $300 with?

This maybe? TracFone LG Prepaid Lucky LG16 Smartphone - Walmart.com
    11-14-2015 03:55 AM
    anybody have any idea what is the cheapest phone you can still get the $300 with?

I looked around a little and that seemed to be about the cheapest price. As far as I could tell, the Sunrise or the Lucky should qualify. One of the stores I was at said they would accept a Tracfone but I did not try.

I actually got a quote for an old DoidX. I hope the battery is still working by the time it gets to them!
    11-14-2015 07:03 AM
    for $300 right? Not $200.
    11-14-2015 01:41 PM
    for $300 right? Not $200.
    You may get $300 for a brand new line. $200 guaranteed for existing line upgrade.
    11-14-2015 03:29 PM
    There is a bit of misinformation in this thread. There are in fact still subsidized plans however this does not come into play on this offer. You can get $300 credit by trading in practically any working smart phone however you MUST choose the financed option. Its simply retail price divided by 24 months with zero interest. Once you get the $300 gift card (new to Verizon) or account credit (current customer) you can simply pay the remaining 0% interest payments off. Of course if you are sticking with Verizon I don't know why one would pay off a 0% loan but hey that's up to you. In the last couple of weeks I have done this with LG G4 (which also has $100 instant rebate via Verizon and $200 mail in rebate from LG that took about 2 weeks), an Iphone 6s + and most recently with the Moto Droid Turbo 2. The phones I used for the rebate include (2) Kyocera Hydro phones (which are really, really old technology that I bought a year ago refurb for $15 each). Understand this is not the "any phone including cracked screen" that applies to just the Droid Turbo 2 but any phone sold by Verizon. The Droid offer from Verizon simply adds the cracked screen option to the offer that applies to all Verizon phones right now. Note under the Droid deal the trade in must be in "good working condition (cracked screens welcome). It must still charge and boot up to some degree.
    11-14-2015 07:01 PM
    I spent about 2 hours in the store ordering this phone and had managers on the phone guaranteed the $300 credit for a new line on my existing account. I traded in my son's S3 mini. Only part that was sketchy was they could not tell me if it was going to be a gift card or account credit. I wouldn't do deal if it wasn't going to be a gift card. I needed the card so I could use the $300 towards device payments. They called someone who guaranteed it. I got my code in email and ordered online at Motorola. 11/11/2015 delivery date.

You were fine either way. Gift card is a Verizon only gift card so you have to use it at Verizon. The account credit can be applied to the phone balance as easily as the gift card. BTW, until a change that was made last night you would not have been happy with the result of having the gift card. The Verizon system would NOT allow people to split payments, thus if the phone balance was greater than the $300 gift card then you could not use the gift card to pay the balance! Realizing this was pretty stupid, Verizon advised yesterday that they were making the payment system changes last night and it should be rolling today.
    11-14-2015 07:11 PM
    So on the DPP you think an old droid x will get $300?
    11-14-2015 08:28 PM
    I am 99.99% sure but you could always go on Verizons website and check . . ..
    11-14-2015 08:52 PM
    Just worked through this at a Verizon store today (corporate store - not a licensed retailer). Lots of sales people with only partial information. After some frustration, and finally talking to the store manager, I wound up working with one who actually knew how this deal worked.

Seems that super cheap pre-paid phones were working as recently as 24 hours ago, but as of today, the Verizon system was apparently being tweaked to reject a number of them, such as NET10 phones. We had them look up my son's iPhone 4 -- and they offered us $11 for it in trade -- even though it was immaculate and worked perfectly. We went to Walmart and picked up a couple of Verizon pre-paid phones at $40 a piece, and a couple of ZTE prepaid phones for AT&T - also $40, and Verizon's system accepted them as trade-ins to qualify us for the full $300 credit. So it cost a bit, but the net was the we got $1200 credit in exchange for spending $160.

The deal requires either porting-in from another carrier, or adding a new line to your existing plan. I had four lines -- and we added four lines to get four new phones with $300 credits each -- an iPhone 6 and three Turbo 2's. There's no contract required - just an agreement to pay off the remainder of the phone cost over 24 months. You can immediately have the new phones reassigned to your old pre-existing phone numbers. The only other stipulation to avoid penalties is that you must keep the new lines for 30 days before you can cancel them. So yes - you'll pay the line charge for the extra lines, but only for one month.

Bottom line: as an existing customer, I spent $160 on four pre-paid phones to use as trade-ins, and will have to pay for four lines for one month at $20 per month. Total outlay $240, to get $1200 in credit, net = $1060 credit toward the purchase cost of four new phones.

I didn't opt for the LG G4 -- but you should know that through tomorrow, 11/15, LG is offering a $200 incentive to purchase an LG G4 on Verizon. Verizon's full charge for that phone is $552. If you do the pre-paid trade-in as I did, and pay for a new line for one month, you'll wind up with $440 in credits and rebates toward a $552 phone, effectively getting a new LG G4 for $112. Again - the G4 option expires after 11/15. The $300 rebate deal for a trade-in continues for a while.

Once you've done the deal, you can pay off the remainder owed on the phones over 2 years - or pay them off in a lump sum, keeping the newly added lines for only 30 days.
    11-14-2015 09:59 PM

I got the $300 credit on this one from Best Buy last night (Friday, November 13, 2015):

TRACFONE - Alcatel Onetouch Pixi GLITZ No-Contract Cell Phone - Black

Seems that super cheap pre-paid phones were working as recently as 24 hours ago, but as of today, the Verizon system was apparently being tweaked to reject a number of them, such as NET10 phones.
    Looks like I was lucky then; see my comment above.

The only other stipulation to avoid penalties is that you must keep the new lines for 30 days before you can cancel them. So yes - you'll pay the line charge for the extra lines, but only for one month.

<snip>

Once you've done the deal, you can pay off the remainder owed on the phones over 2 years - or pay them off in a lump sum, keeping the newly added lines for only 30 days.
    I didn't know that you have to keep the line open for 30 days. I opened 2 new lines, and I'm planning to pay the phone off and close them as soon as the credits come through. I wonder if they can be suspended.
    11-14-2015 10:42 PM
    I don't know. I don't believe the phone is the determing factor. Instead, I think it is whether you are a new customer or adding a new line, but I could be wrong. My quote was for $200, but I am an existing customer on a business plan.
    11-14-2015 10:47 PM
    This is retardedly confusing. Even the reps don't know what's going on. Lol. There's a trade in promo then a separate one for just the Droid 2.
    11-15-2015 12:19 AM
    I didn't opt for the LG G4 -- but you should know that through tomorrow, 11/15, LG is offering a $200 incentive to purchase an LG G4 on Verizon. Verizon's full charge for that phone is $552. If you do the pre-paid trade-in as I did, and pay for a new line for one month, you'll wind up with $440 in credits and rebates toward a $552 phone, effectively getting a new LG G4 for $112. Again - the G4 option expires after 11/15. The $300 rebate deal for a trade-in continues for a while.

Actually there is a promo to get $100 instant discount LGG4SAVE which mean $552 - $100 -$200 -$300 = $-48 (ignoring tax obviously).

Edit: Ooops. Worked yesterday afternoon for sons newly added line however it appears VZN figured out the $300 plus $200 rebate on top of their $100 promo was killing them and the $100 offer is deal this morning. A little too late imo, if you look ebay the LG G4 price has already crashed to around $300. All of them have VZN logos for some reason, lol.
    11-15-2015 09:07 AM
    The deal requires either porting-in from another carrier, or adding a new line to your existstipulation to avoid penalties is that you must keep the new lines for 30 days before you can cancel them. So yes - you'll pay the line charge for the extra lines, but only for one month.
    If you cancel won't you have a stiff cancelation fee?

11-15-2015 09:23 AM
    This is retardedly confusing. Even the reps don't know what's going on. Lol. There's a trade in promo then a separate one for just the Droid 2.
    Check my post #134. There are two promos. One applies to all phones sold by VZN that affords $300 credit for "working smart phone that boots up and is in good working condition - no cracked screen". There is an offer for $300 specifically for the Moto T2 only which is identical to the offer for all phones except it states the trade in phone may be cracked (but still in "working" order i.e. it must boot up).

Summary: All phones must boot up. If buying T2 you can have a cracked screen. Must be financed phone (not subsidized) - 0% APR - 24 months - can be paid off at any time. New customer or new lines only. This is for the "general population". Unlimited data plan holders and business customers may having varying circumstances.

Someone asked "So I have to keep the new line for a month?". No, not technically. However you have to keep the phone until they send you the rebate/credit otherwise you run the risk of having the account credit voided. However the minute you get the gift card (new customer) or account credit (existing customer) you can do a prorata cancellation for the remaining of the month billed. Average credit/GC appears to be around 2 weeks, which includes receiving trade in box, shipping trade in and them applying the credit/sending gift card.
    11-15-2015 09:23 AM
    If you cancel won't you have a stiff cancelation fee?

No. This is not a subsidized contract. This is a 0% APR finance deal for 24 months. Think of it as a credit card.

As noted, if you cancel under 30 days you will be prorated for the months service charge. I have not done this as we are keeping new lines (adding kids to wifes plan) however if you check the LG G4 deal on fatwallet or slickdeals (there are a thousand - literally - posts on slickdeals) with hundreds of people getting prorated cancellations.
    11-15-2015 09:28 AM
    No. This is not a subsidized contract. This is a 0% APR finance deal for 24 months. Think of it as a credit card.

As noted, if you cancel under 30 days you will be prorated for the months service charge. I have not done this as we are keeping new lines (adding kids to wifes plan) however if you check the LG G4 deal on fatwallet or slickdeals (there are a thousand - literally - posts on slickdeals) with hundreds of people getting prorated cancellations.
    What would stop someone from doing this deal getting a Moto Pure, cancelling and taking the device to another carrier seeing as it's unlocked for all carriers?

Seems like this deal leaves to many loop holes lol

11-15-2015 09:33 AM
    What would stop someone from doing this deal getting a Moto Pure, cancelling and taking the device to another carrier seeing as it's unlocked for all carriers?

Absolutely nothing, thus the huge influx of Verizon LG G4's on ebay. There are tons of people buying them, getting rebates, instantly cancelling and selling them on ebay. Pretty easy $300 or so profit (ethics aside . . . I think it's kind of crappy). But given that Verizon phones are universally unlocked, they are easy to flip. Frankly, I am not sure what Verizon is thinking. I guess those folks like myself who added 3 kids to wifes VZN plan due to this deal offset those who "buy and burn".
    11-15-2015 10:25 AM

Sorry, if this is a duplicate post. I guess I am still under moderation being a new member . . . .

Absolutely nothing stops you from getting a Moto Pure, getting $300 rebate, immediately cancelling service for that phone and using it with another carrier. There are not a lot of loop holes, it's pretty straight forward and thousands of people have documented success online. I have no idea what VZN is thinking to be honest with you. I guess they have weighed the cost of this program. Maybe people like myself who added 3 kids to my wifes VZN plan and will continue service for years offsets all the people who are churning the phones? Can't see the math but it's not my company and I don't own any VZN stock!
    ffejjj likes this.
    11-15-2015 10:28 AM
    Doesn't this $300 trade in plan require that you purchase a phone from Verizon on a payment plan? Which you cannot do with a Moto X Pure Edition, since Verizon doesn't sell that phone?
    11-15-2015 11:14 AM
    Doesn't this $300 trade in plan require that you purchase a phone from Verizon on a payment plan? Which you cannot do with a Moto X Pure Edition, since Verizon doesn't sell that phone?
    Yeah, you are correct, they don't sell Pure. I saw Moto X on the website and it looked identical to my Pure. Didn't check edition.
    11-15-2015 12:01 PM
167 ... 4567