11-18-2015 02:12 PM
167 ... 567
tools
    Check my post #134. There are two promos. One applies to all phones sold by VZN that affords $300 credit for "working smart phone that boots up and is in good working condition - no cracked screen". There is an offer for $300 specifically for the Moto T2 only which is identical to the offer for all phones except it states the trade in phone may be cracked (but still in "working" order i.e. it must boot up).

Summary: All phones must boot up. If buying T2 you can have a cracked screen. Must be financed phone (not subsidized) - 0% APR - 24 months - can be paid off at any time. New customer or new lines only. This is for the "general population". Unlimited data plan holders and business customers may having varying circumstances.

Someone asked "So I have to keep the new line for a month?". No, not technically. However you have to keep the phone until they send you the rebate/credit otherwise you run the risk of having the account credit voided. However the minute you get the gift card (new customer) or account credit (existing customer) you can do a prorata cancellation for the remaining of the month billed. Average credit/GC appears to be around 2 weeks, which includes receiving trade in box, shipping trade in and them applying the credit/sending gift card.
    Thanks. With the T2 promo going in to the store with the trade in gets the $300 credit to you more quickly?
    11-15-2015 02:39 PM
    Thanks. With the T2 promo going in to the store with the trade in gets the $300 credit to you more quickly?
    My understanding is that some folks have been successful ordering phones via calling in and speaking with sales, then sales sends a text code which you can take to the store, along with your trade in, and get instant credit. No known way to do it online, which of course negates the Moto customization thing (I would assume).
    11-15-2015 05:24 PM
    My understanding is that some folks have been successful ordering phones via calling in and speaking with sales, then sales sends a text code which you can take to the store, along with your trade in, and get instant credit. No known way to do it online, which of course negates the Moto customization thing (I would assume).
    Thanks for all the info. My old school droid x was appraised for $300 online. So I can use the $300 gc/credit to pay the partial $460 owed on my current Nexus6 and pay the rest from my checking account? Then just use the new T2 with my old # switched over? I'd basically be paying $160 to upgrade early which sounds good to me. Then sell the phone and it cost nothing to upgrade.
    11-15-2015 11:59 PM
    For those that are saying you HAVE to go to a payment plan..my store was going to let me use the $200 credit on the subsidized price (I chose not to go that route). So im guessing it is store specific..or my rep didnt know what she talking about.
    11-16-2015 07:59 AM
    For those that are saying you HAVE to go to a payment plan..my store was going to let me use the $200 credit on the subsidized price (I chose not to go that route). So im guessing it is store specific..or my rep didnt know what she talking about.
    We are talking about the $300 offer, not sure about a $200 credit. The $200 credit toward subsidized phones does not have anything to do with the $300 trade in event. With the $300 offer I can't see why one would want to be locked into a subsidized plan? If one did not like the phone, broke the phone, etc you would not be eligible for any incentives such as the current $300 trade in offer. Additionally your payoff, should you need/want to get a new phone during that two year period would be higher.

UPDATE: For those asking about in store, I can confirm that this offer is good in store and you receive instant credit for any working smartphone. I have a friend who did this exact thing yesterday in store. Remember: New customers and new lines, must use DPP. You will get one hard inquiry on your credit report however once completed you are qualified to buy/add additional phones under the DPP without additional inquiries.

Awaiting feedback on VZW "up to 0 deal"-van.jpg
    11-16-2015 08:55 AM
    Thanks for all the info. My old school droid x was appraised for $300 online. So I can use the $300 gc/credit to pay the partial $460 owed on my current Nexus6 and pay the rest from my checking account? Then just use the new T2 with my old # switched over? I'd basically be paying $160 to upgrade early which sounds good to me. Then sell the phone and it cost nothing to upgrade.
    I can't see any issues with that approach.
    11-16-2015 08:56 AM
    I just brought in a super old Samsung running eclair with a cracked screen and no back cover. They just made sure it turned on and then we're able to give me the credit. The only caveat I had was, I had to the code verizon sent me in a text message since I ordered my phone though motorola using an x code
    11-16-2015 02:13 PM
    problem is the change to allow customers to pay off DPP with multiple payment sources hasn't taken affect yet according to the guys over at this thread...
    Verizon: Get $300 for any smartphone trade in towards a new smartphone line - Page 190 - Slickdeals.net
    11-16-2015 02:51 PM
    problem is the change to allow customers to pay off DPP with multiple payment sources hasn't taken affect yet according to the guys over at this thread...
    Verizon: Get $300 for any smartphone trade in towards a new smartphone line - Page 190 - Slickdeals.net
    In the original LG G4 thread people have confirmed splitting payments. VZN directly said it was supposed to be customer enabled over the weekend (which is very questionable how they can do that type of programming over the weekend). Here is the thread:

LG G4 Smartphone ~$20 MM Promo Extended - Slickdeals.net

Unfortunately I don't have time to go through the 10,778 posts in that thread. The fatwallet thread is much easier to follow.

Edit: If you are staying with Verizon the account credit or gift card is really not an issue, no? If you are not staying with Verizon then simply cancel the line and the DPP will immediately become due as part of the service bill. The account credit or gift card will apply, then you simply pay the balance.
    11-16-2015 03:03 PM
    true it doesn't just would rather tie things up quickly as opposed to not. I've got a corporate store right by my gym which I'm heading to shortly I'll cruise by and see what they say. Thanks for all this help for me personally as well as in this thread!

I scored near perfect on my SAT's in English and barely made it in math. When these things have to many variables my brain shuts down. Lol.
    11-16-2015 04:01 PM
    My friend traded in his iPhone 5C from Straight Talk with a cracked screen and they gave him the full $300 and was allowed to get an iPhone 6S Plus and this was just for adding a line not a new activcation they even waived the activation fee for him.
    11-16-2015 05:47 PM
    Existing customer and we got the $200 smart phone trade in account credit on a new Turbo II and also got a $300 smart phone trade in account credit on a Maxx II phone new line activation at the same time in the Verizon Store.

Both trade in phones were in good shape and booted up so make sure you charge the phones you want to trade in before going to the store. They also took the backs off the old phones and scanned the bar codes in there to confirm something.

We had some really old smart phones to trade in so if you have the same situation, I would keep the newer unused smart phones you have so that you can use them as a WiFi only phone, when desired, to run your Chrome Cast or whatever at home.

Account rep said we should see the credits on the next billing statement.
    11-17-2015 12:23 PM
    You were fine either way. Gift card is a Verizon only gift card so you have to use it at Verizon. The account credit can be applied to the phone balance as easily as the gift card. BTW, until a change that was made last night you would not have been happy with the result of having the gift card. The Verizon system would NOT allow people to split payments, thus if the phone balance was greater than the $300 gift card then you could not use the gift card to pay the balance! Realizing this was pretty stupid, Verizon advised yesterday that they were making the payment system changes last night and it should be rolling today.
    Has this update actually gone live yet? I tried to pay off the balance with my Gift Card, and it wouldn't let me split payments. It just said that the card doesn't have enough balance to pay off the device.
    11-17-2015 04:29 PM
    I noticed when paying for a new device the option was there to add more than one gift card. I don't know if that's new but if it is might be a good sign that they are changing the system to pay off DPP's.
    11-17-2015 11:05 PM
    That was fast. Good thing because my bill was high.

Posted via the Android Central App
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-18-2015 01:28 PM
    I took mine to a Verizon store they did it and I got the card number and pin instantly to my email

11-18-2015 01:34 PM
    I took mine to a Verizon store they did it and I got the card number and pin instantly to my email

Awesome what did you trade in?

11-18-2015 02:12 PM
167 ... 567