Awaiting feedback on VZW "up to $300 deal"

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
People are coming to this thread trying to learn how to get $300 for their trade in, so a lot of posts concerning personal experiences are confusing the matter because people aren't posting what the details of their transaction were.

In order to get the FULL $300 for a trade-in you have to be creating a new account, OR you must be adding a line to your existing account. Upgrading a phone on an existing line won't get you the full $300.

I just did a walk through online. I have one upgrade available and if I add the new Turbo to my cart, then trade in the old Turbo, they do indeed offer the $300 credit.
May play around later and see if I get the same deal on my G2 with cracked screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

jmanches4286

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone with unlimited gotten this promo? I went to the store today and they told me they couldn't give me the promo without me using my unlimited data BUT after the price increase Nov. 15 they said they could? It didn't make since to me, but I had my hands full with my daughter so I couldn't argue too much.

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
People are coming to this thread trying to learn how to get $300 for their trade in, so a lot of posts concerning personal experiences are confusing the matter because people aren't posting what the details of their transaction were.

In order to get the FULL $300 for a trade-in you have to be creating a new account, OR you must be adding a line to your existing account. Upgrading a phone on an existing line won't get you the full $300.

This.

My sister is adding a line today for her son and the salesman I spoke with on the phone told me to go buy a prepaid smartphone which I did for $40 (Boost Mobile ZTE). I'm going in with her in an hour or so to do the deal. If the trade-in doesn't work I'll just return it.

I'll look at the phone myself too. Not sure if I'll upgrade from the Turbo but I'll be there so why not check?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone with unlimited gotten this promo? I went to the store today and they told me they couldn't give me the promo without me using my unlimited data BUT after the price increase Nov. 15 they said they could? It didn't make since to me, but I had my hands full with my daughter so I couldn't argue too much.

Posted via Android Central App
I'm in the same boat. Would love to get this deal and keep my udp. Let me know if you have any success. I'm afraid if I try it online it will just switch me to another plan.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Verizon's new no-contract plans got me out of my unlimited data plan. We're saving about $20 a month on a 6gb plan that my wife & I are on. Most months I use 2-3gb, and my wife has a flip phone. Now she can get a smartphone (if she decides she wants one) without extra charge, and I can tether without having to root a phone (which is more of an issue as Android Pay hopefully takes off, and it won't work on a rooted phone). The savings pays for phones better than the contract discounts ever did. I'm a little sad to have to think a little about the data cap, but so far I'm nowhere near it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The turbo 2 up to $300 promotion is different than the $300 port in promotion

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I went to a store in nyc and they said that the $300 promotion was for new Verizon customers only and that I was not eligible. I think (hope ) they are wrong and will check another store right now

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I went to store #2 and they looked up my account and said that I'd need to change my plan (and lose unlimited data) in order to qualify for the 300$ credit promotion...no thanks

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I went to store #2 and they looked up my account and said that I'd need to change my plan (and lose unlimited data) in order to qualify for the 300$ credit promotion...no thanks

I really expect unlimited data folks to get zero help in getting discounts, etc. Verizon really wants those to go away. I was willing to buy phones outright to keep it, but when I figured out I could get into a no-contract plan with more than enough data for $20 less a month, they finally got me out of my unlimited data about a month ago.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Got offered $9 for my HTC Rezound. I had a little hope after what a few people for quoted for equally old Moto's and Samsung.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I went through this same rigamaroll when I got four Turbos last year. I got a different story from each store I went to and also from the online store. I ended up calling a bunch of stores and told them I'm ready to get four Droid Turbos TODAY if I can nail down the best deal. I explained how I got conflicting offers from several stores. I got a great deal and asked him to text me the details. Once I got that I drove right to the store.

GumboChief

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
You check both online and in store? I was quoted $300 on both for the S3 Mini.
You need to have the Droid phone in your cart, first.
Got offered $9 for my HTC Rezound. I had a little hope after what a few people for quoted for equally old Moto's and Samsung.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I got the 300 for an old Samsung Galaxy s. You cannot go buy the trade in listing on the website!!!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I walked in with a $40 ZTE Speed Boost Mobile phone from Target. Trade in was $300 on a new line and my sister used it to buy me a gift.

Plus she paid me the $40 back... Unbelievable!

Attachments

• 1446169283337.jpg
    1446169283337.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 49

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
You check both online and in store? I was quoted $300 on both for the S3 Mini.
You need to have the Droid phone in your cart, first.

In store the guy told me that it was worth $0 ... Worthless! That $9 was online. I did things the same as when it quoted $200 for my 2013 Moto X.

The difference was I could pick my Moto X from a drop-down list of our current & previous devices, but my Rezound was not on the drop-down. It listed my Moto, my wife's last two iPhones and my daughter's iPhone but not my Rezound. So I had to select that my phone wasn't on my account previously and then type in the IMEI.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
In store the guy told me that it was worth $0 ... Worthless! That $9 was online. I did things the same as when it quoted $200 for my 2013 Moto X.

The difference was I could pick my Moto X from a drop-down list of our current & previous devices, but my Rezound was not on the drop-down. It listed my Moto, my wife's last two iPhones and my daughter's iPhone but not my Rezound. So I had to select that my phone wasn't on my account previously and then type in the IMEI.

It'll show up as $0 but should be $300 when the promo is added on a new line.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I added a line. I used the edge program. I added a line but put my primary number sim in the new phone. I do this and then later payoff the phone and shut down the line.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I tired it for kicks a few days ago. I picked the g4 and used my droid ultra as trade in device. It said my device was worth $300. So as long as the smartphone qualifies, you get the $300 gift card. It doesn't have to be a droid turbo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol