Awaiting feedback on VZW "up to $300 deal"

lokito15

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My friend traded in his iPhone 5C from Straight Talk with a cracked screen and they gave him the full $300 and was allowed to get an iPhone 6S Plus and this was just for adding a line not a new activcation they even waived the activation fee for him.

Turbo II

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Existing customer and we got the $200 smart phone trade in account credit on a new Turbo II and also got a $300 smart phone trade in account credit on a Maxx II phone new line activation at the same time in the Verizon Store.

Both trade in phones were in good shape and booted up so make sure you charge the phones you want to trade in before going to the store. They also took the backs off the old phones and scanned the bar codes in there to confirm something.

We had some really old smart phones to trade in so if you have the same situation, I would keep the newer unused smart phones you have so that you can use them as a WiFi only phone, when desired, to run your Chrome Cast or whatever at home.

Account rep said we should see the credits on the next billing statement.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
You were fine either way. Gift card is a Verizon only gift card so you have to use it at Verizon. The account credit can be applied to the phone balance as easily as the gift card. BTW, until a change that was made last night you would not have been happy with the result of having the gift card. The Verizon system would NOT allow people to split payments, thus if the phone balance was greater than the $300 gift card then you could not use the gift card to pay the balance! Realizing this was pretty stupid, Verizon advised yesterday that they were making the payment system changes last night and it should be rolling today.

Has this update actually gone live yet? I tried to pay off the balance with my Gift Card, and it wouldn't let me split payments. It just said that the card doesn't have enough balance to pay off the device.

cjp39

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I noticed when paying for a new device the option was there to add more than one gift card. I don't know if that's new but if it is might be a good sign that they are changing the system to pay off DPP's.

Moto0685

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Got my Verizon promotion money credited already

I took mine to a Verizon store they did it and I got the card number and pin instantly to my email

Posted via the Android Central App