Droid Turbo 2 ordered thru Motorola

Patrick Matteson

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Being that I ordered directly thru Motorola was curious if my turbo 2 will have the usual Verizon bloatware installed on phone? Dropping $700 + seems though we should get it clean!

CutlaSS

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Thats a great point. It should have Zero Carrier crap on it if you bought it directly from Moto. Did they ask you what carrier the phone would be used on?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Being that I ordered directly thru Motorola was curious if my turbo 2 will have the usual Verizon bloatware installed on phone? Dropping $700 + seems though we should get it clean!

It will still have the Verizon bloatware.

Posted via the Android Central App

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
One advantage though is that it appears you have the same 14 day return/exchange policy as other moto maker phones through Motorola.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine thru VerizonWireless on Thursday morning at 12:15 am. I only did it because I wasn't aware that there was the possibility of adding the external SD Card. ugh. So now I'm waiting for a phone that hasn't been shipped..lol I have the Droid Turbo which I love and am excited to get this Droid Turbo 2, but what a pain to get this phone. I had no idea I could've added an external card or I wouldn't have gotten the 64GB..
Internal performs best, there's no problem with third party apps not recognizing it, and you'll have the design refresh option with the 64 GB.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I will use my refresh to get the orange accent that's out of stock.....nahh...lol! I do like it though ;)

Posted via the Android Central App

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Internal performs best, there's no problem with third party apps not recognizing it, and you'll have the design refresh option with the 64 GB.

Internal is usually preferable, but most phones have a $50 jump in price for a 32gb internal memory upgrade. The $96 price jump to go from 32 to 64gb on the Turbo2 is pretty excessive IMO.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Internal is usually preferable, but most phones have a $50 jump in price for a 32gb internal memory upgrade. The $96 price jump to go from 32 to 64gb on the Turbo2 is pretty excessive IMO.

The 64 GB comes with customization, which the 32 GB doesn't have, and a refresh with a like-new phone at some point in two years, which the 32 GB doesn't offer. It's not just an increase in storage.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
The 64 GB comes with customization, which the 32 GB doesn't have, and a refresh with a like-new phone at some point in two years, which the 32 GB doesn't offer. It's not just an increase in storage.

You can order the 32gb with customizations same as the 64, but the point about the refresh is certainly true. I also don't personally care about a refresh.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'd refresh for the same exact phone a year later. Resale value is a huge play for me.

I take such good care of my phones, most likely the "refreshed" phone wouldn't look any better, and I'd be afraid it might actually be worse. Not clear how they're doing their refreshes, and what bits are new or used, and if used, what standard of appearance they'll be keeping to.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I take such good care of my phones, most likely the "refreshed" phone wouldn't look any better, and I'd be afraid it might actually be worse. Not clear how they're doing their refreshes, and what bits are new or used, and if used, what standard of appearance they'll be keeping to.

Refreshed with a brand new phone. When you receive it you send your old one back.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I am 100% sure that the like new phones will have brand new backs and probably the front screen as well. Also new batteries. They're either returned phones from people who return within the 14 day window or phones that they'll recreate for you or they'll be phones that people return and they'll go through and refresh them.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Just be aware they do charge your credit card $499 plus your local tax amount for the refresh. Once they get your old T2 back, you'll receive your refund in 10 business days. I did the Pure and returned waiting to see this one - they are sticklers on the 10 day thing - even though they got it back in one day and sent me an email reflecting that, they waited the full time to issue a refund.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Just be aware they do charge your credit card $499 plus your local tax amount for the refresh. Once they get your old T2 back, you'll receive your refund in 10 business days. I did the Pure and returned waiting to see this one - they are sticklers on the 10 day thing - even though they got it back in one day and sent me an email reflecting that, they waited the full time to issue a refund.

Yikes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci