How's battery life on the DROID TURBO 2?

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
So I was the first at my store to get the Turbo 2. Looking forward to seeing if the battery life is indeed as good as advertised with moderate use. Charged to full at 730pm last night now 830am and its at 58%. We'll see! Anyone else?

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery Life

I have not really checked mine yet because I have been on it more than usual setting it up but so far it seems to be on par with the turbo from last year.

Moto Droid Turbo 2

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

You should see a gradual increase in battery life as you go through charge cycles and the battery gets conditioned. Important thing to remember is to not let it get below 15% - 20% charge, if you can help it.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

You should see a gradual increase in battery life as you go through charge cycles and the battery gets conditioned. Important thing to remember is to not let it get below 15% - 20% charge, if you can help it.
Thanks for the advice at 34% now so not quite 24 hours

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

So I was the first at my store to get the Turbo 2. Looking forward to seeing if the battery life is indeed as good as advertised with moderate use. Charged to full at 730pm last night now 830am and its at 58%. We'll see! Anyone else?

I presume you were playing with your phone quite a bit between 7:30 pm and whenever you ended for the night. Biggest battery drainer is screen on time, especially a bright screen. I've gotten 7+ hours screen on time at about 35% screen brightness with my T1. Curious to see how the T2 performs.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

I presume you were playing with your phone quite a bit between 7:30 pm and whenever you ended for the night. Biggest battery drainer is screen on time, especially a bright screen. I've gotten 7+ hours screen on time at about 35% screen brightness with my T1. Curious to see how the T2 performs.
You would be correct

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm guessing somewhere between 20-30% is the optimal time to charge to full?

Yes, I wouldn't let it get much below 20%. At this time you could charge it for 15 minutes and test Moto's claim that it yields 13 hours of additional usage. Just remember to plug it in tonight so it can charge up fully.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Cool thanks ironically enough, the Verizon guy yesterday told me NOT to plug it in overnight. He said that's bad for the battery I said I never heard that and it's common practice for everyone I know lol! I know with Samsung once the phone reaches 100%, the phone knows not to charge anymore but stays in a pulsing mode to keep at 100% until it's unplugged. Some smart circuitry or something

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Cool thanks ironically enough, the Verizon guy yesterday told me NOT to plug it in overnight. He said that's bad for the battery I said I never heard that and it's common practice for everyone I know lol! I know with Samsung once the phone reaches 100%, the phone knows not to charge anymore but stays in a pulsing mode to keep at 100% until it's unplugged. Some smart circuitry or something

I would guess 99.9% of all battery chargers have a circuit that shuts down the charging when the battery reaches a full charge. It's a pretty basic design feature. I wouldn't worry about plugging it in overnight.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood