How's battery life on the DROID TURBO 2?

RifterAD

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely a 24 hour phone, but you'd have to be a pretty light user to get 48. Standby is pretty good, but with the screen on (even at a low brightness), you can just watch the battery percentage drop.

This is the same for me and my wife's T2 over the past week.

Mefesto44

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
So far with my normal use (which is semi heavy) I've only made it 12 hours before needing a charge for the 2 days I've owned it. I'm hoping once the battery is conditioned I'll get more. Plus of course I'm spending a lot of time installing apps and configuring settings.

lou61166#CB

Banned
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I am still impressed with the battery I have the most battery hog apps installed and I can make it through the day with fairly heavy use the only thing I have not on is Bluetooth or NFC but syncing is on not to many phones could do this certainly not Samsung LG or HTC all would get terrible battery results running my setup but you buy a phone to use it not to cripple it by shutting things off to get it through a day on a battery charge

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Using adaptive brightness. I lowered from about 35% to about 20%. It still fires up when I'm in direct light, it's just a little on the dim side when indoors. Anyway, it does seem to have helped battery life a little bit. Yesterday, I had a little over an hour of phone calls, 6 hours of SOT, and about 17 hours total. After all that, still had 23% when I plugged in at night. That's solid.

Xris831x

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
My battery is on fire during normal use (ie. just reading this thread). I have to make sure I don't touch the back because its so hot.

Battery life doesnt seem comparable to what everyone else here is reporting either. Today I was 100% at 11AM. Now I'm at 21%. Screen on time is 3 hours. I have had it for four days...seems to be the same, battery done by midevening with starting at 100% late morning - light use. I have screenshots, but how do I attach them here?

xjsquared

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same thing - battery life has been terrible. I was on the bus for 20 minutes this morning reading text-based articles and lost 8% of my charge. My phone also gets very hot during charging. I know it shouldn't matter, but I did a custom order using Moto Maker, so I'm curious if others who bought stock models at Verizon are having better luck...

lou61166#CB

Banned
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I am not getting the awesome battery life that other may get but I have installed the worst battery sucking apps in world but the phone does not get accessivly hot when not charging even when charging it only gets warm I would say that users complaints about terrible battery life or super hot phones have defects I can easily make it through a day without charging with my configuration everything turned on except Bluetooth and NFC screen set between 50-70 brightness and fairly heavy use

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
You know to me this whole battery thing is really not an issue. The only time I am running around without a charger near by is on the weekends, and for that, my battery does fine.
Any other time I have a charger handy. Using Google Maps daily with my job, I always have my phone plugged anyway.

Besides the turbo charger has this phone charged up in just over an hour.

Posted via the Android Central App

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I think the point is that this was a phone advertised heavily as a 48 hour power house. Lots of folks out there getting half that with moderate/expected usage, myself included. I understand our phones are very personalized but the battery life they claimed seems to have been way blown out of proportion.

xjsquared

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
The point is that they're advertising this phone with 48-hours of "Use Time" which to me means that I should be able to go an entire day of moderate on and off without running low on battery. The reality I'm finding is that the phone will nearly die during the period of 7am to 10pm, and all I'm doing is some texting, Facebook, and internet browsing. The fact that I could charge it during the day at my desk is irrelevant - for $624 and a 3760 mAh battery, I want better longevity than I get with my 2-year old Moto X and it's 2200 mAh battery.

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site
The point is that they're advertising this phone with 48-hours of "Use Time" which to me means that I should be able to go an entire day of moderate on and off without running low on battery. The reality I'm finding is that the phone will nearly die during the period of 7am to 10pm, and all I'm doing is some texting, Facebook, and internet browsing. The fact that I could charge it during the day at my desk is irrelevant - for $624 and a 3760 mAh battery, I want better longevity than I get with my 2-year old Moto X and it's 2200 mAh battery.

sometimes even if that's all you're doing, all those other installed apps you may have could be draining it slowly in the background..each app installed takes a small %...or it could be the usual signal, bluetooth, nfc options enabled. along with the % brightness used.
Programs like Gsam can help you monitor the battery and find out where everything is going

Moto0685

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Maybe not 48 hours as Motorola claims but certainly better then if not all Android phones everything on mine is on synching all radios except Bluetooth and NFC location set to high accuracy all the usual battery draining apps Facebook instagram twitter screen brightness set to between 50-70 and I can make it a day if needed but I charge at 50% to full but my use of it means 20 minutes a day charging

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
What type of screen on time are people getting? I don't know what the expectations are, but the bottom line is, any phone will use up the battery while the screen is on. If you're getting upwards of 4-6 hours with everything on, I'd say that's pretty good, especially if the idle discharge rate is low.

It should be noted that it took about a week or more for my Turbo 1 to settle in. I had a Droid Maxx before that and had the initial impression that the first Turbo was a big drop off, but after a little over a week with it, I realized it was really about the same. I never got 2 days with heavy usage, but could easily get 2 with light usage, which is really what Motorola is claiming. They never said you can get 48 hours with heavy usage. That would be amazing but that's not what they're advertising. I personally don't think their claims are false as long as you can get up to 48 hours with light/moderate use.

If I can get a full day with 4-6 hours screen time (which is what I consider heavy use), I'm totally content.

It should also be noted that games will use a lot of power, so don't expect to get 5 hours of screen on time if that time is spent playing games.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
It could be the OS. My wfe has the DT1 and she could get easily get almost two days on the battery. When she got Lollipop, her battery time dropped in half.

Another thing of note...no one reads the fine print. It says up to 48 hours, but in smaller print...with mixed usage and may vary. So everyone runs around putting all their stuff on it....some apps very battery exhausting. Then they want to show it off...we all do. So it has to be at max brightness. The phone doesn't last as advertised, then all of the sudden.....WTF??? The battery on this sucks....blah, blah, blah.

Same old tune every time a new phone come out that promises something.

Moto0685

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
GSN battery monitor pro is saying I am getting 4 hours on screen time but I charge it back up when I hit 50% so it may not be telling me what I would get at 100% drain comming from 2 and 3 year old HTC and LG phones that had not great battery life after updates to Android especially from Kit Kat to Lollipop I am impressed enough to not complain

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol