How's battery life on the DROID TURBO 2?

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Yesterday, when I put the phone on the charger after it had been off the charger for about 18 hours, the battery screen said there was 1 day 3 hours left. It isn't 48 hours, but it's about the same result I got with the Turbo, and when Marshmallow comes out, I expect the battery life to be better. I have had no problems with battery life at all.

Rider646

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
This is with very minimal usage. Checking email, texting, and the occasional game. Took it off charger at 1030pm Saturday night and it's now Monday 3pm. Screen on time is a little over 3 hours.
Droid battery.jpg

Xris831x

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
No, maybe we shouldn't be getting 48 hours unless we NEVER look at our phone; however, I do expect this brand new phone, supposedly better phone, to hold a better battery life than my 2 year and 3 month old Maxx 1. Nearing the end usage of my Maxx 1, I did have to charge it daily...BUT it would last me all day. From early morning to late evening, with still about 30% left when I go to charge it. This Turbo 2? Ha, I'm lucky to make it from 11AM to 6PM with the same usage and this thing is five days old.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
No, maybe we shouldn't be getting 48 hours unless we NEVER look at our phone; however, I do expect this brand new phone, supposedly better phone, to hold a better battery life than my 2 year and 3 month old Maxx 1. Nearing the end usage of my Maxx 1, I did have to charge it daily...BUT it would last me all day. From early morning to late evening, with still about 30% left when I go to charge it. This Turbo 2? Ha, I'm lucky to make it from 11AM to 6PM with the same usage and this thing is five days old.

Take it back and exchange it. You should get about 6 hours screen on time with 40% brightness level.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery life is very good

I can get through a full day, but im one of them people who start really watching it when the battery hits 75 percent lol.

This morning i actually ran it down to 28 percent. I had an hour and a half of voice calls, 5 and half hours of on screen time and a bunch of time on chrome beta surfing. This is all being off the charger for almost 16 hours.

I know the battery is great, and i know ill make it through, but on a 12hr night shift i know about where the battery should be at a certain time of the night and it drives me nuts when its lower lol!

Moto Droid Turbo 2

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

I can get through a full day, but im one of them people who start really watching it when the battery hits 75 percent lol.

This morning i actually ran it down to 28 percent. I had an hour and a half of voice calls, 5 and half hours of on screen time and a bunch of time on chrome beta surfing. This is all being off the charger for almost 16 hours.

I know the battery is great, and i know ill make it through, but on a 12hr night shift i know about where the battery should be at a certain time of the night and it drives me nuts when its lower lol!

Moto Droid Turbo 2

Yeah I try not to obsess about recharging it all the time below 80%

Posted via the Android Central App

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

My Google play service is 21% Android OS 8% and cell standby 6%. Followed by screen with 2 hours on 6%. 33% battery left. Unplugged at 1730 its 0342.

The Google services seems a little high? No? This is the highest its been and I haven't installed anything new.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

On my turbo the google play service would do that sometimes, jump up in the rating. .. Don't really have an answer as to why.

Moto Droid Turbo 2

Raring

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I just received mine yesterday and attributed yesterday's substantial battery drain to the fact it was installing apps furiously (and some of them not by wifi). I started the day at 6AM with 70% life. Now at 3PM I have 25% with low usage and on wifi. That would be 45% drain in 9 hours.

It says I have six hours left at 25% (which would be 24 hours for a full charge if that can be extrapolated). Pretty consistent with the drain so far. Not overly impressed so far but I haven't had enough time to evaluate or tweak so not worried just yet. Just not impressed so far given battery is major selling point of a droid (coming from a Moto X 2013).

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

I just received mine yesterday and attributed yesterday's substantial battery drain to the fact it was installing apps furiously (and some of them not by wifi). I started the day at 6AM with 70% life. Now at 3PM I have 25% with low usage and on wifi. That would be 45% drain in 9 hours.

It says I have six hours left at 25% (which would be 24 hours for a full charge if that can be extrapolated). Pretty consistent with the drain so far. Not overly impressed so far but I haven't had enough time to evaluate or tweak so not worried just yet. Just not impressed so far given battery is major selling point of a droid (coming from a Moto X 2013).

I heard it gets better over time.

Posted via the Android Central App

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

It is supposed to get better. I tell people to give it week until the installing and setting is done and you go back to using it "normally" before you really see how the battery will be.

Moto Droid Turbo 2

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy with this! This is with everything connected, 3 emails auto syncing, fair amount of camera usage, at least 30 emails written, and countless received, plus a ton of apps sending notifications, from Bleacher Report to yahoo news, Instagram, etc. All on data, no wifi at all.

Attachments

• 1447867316948.jpg
    1447867316948.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 30

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
How are you guys getting such good battery life? I'm averaging 4-5 hrs SOT, no more no less, when running the battery close to empty. I have my screen set to 40% with adaptive brightness and everything on except for bluetooth and location set on battery saving. With moderate use this gets me through about 1.3 days, with light use I can eek 2 days out of it, but I can kill my phone in less than a day if I use it very heavily.

When the phone is on idle, it sips battery as if it already has Doze (usually 3% lost overnight). However, using the screen murders the battery. From my loose observations, the battery literally drains 1% about every 3 minutes of SOT. I can post screenshots later when my battery runs low later.

Also, for some reason, my screen is not the biggest battery drain most of the time, but it doesn't seem to be a rogue app either. It's usually Google Play Services, Android OS, Android System, Google App, or cell standby at the top, with screen 2nd or 3rd.

Can anybody help? The battery life is good but I feel like my phone is under-performing compared to some of the guys on this forum.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy with this! This is with everything connected, 3 emails auto syncing, fair amount of camera usage, at least 30 emails written, and countless received, plus a ton of apps sending notifications, from Bleacher Report to yahoo news, Instagram, etc. All on data, no wifi at all.

This is pretty impressive.