thinking about it but not sure.

thanks for the comments.
    10-31-2015 12:25 AM
    I think it really depends on you, and what you want.

I like getting the new droids on release day so i am taking the chance of not letting other people try it first in real world experience.

For me, the new shattershield is worth it, the better sounding speaker and phone calls are also worth it.

Other than that its going to take a few days of actual use after setting it up for most of us to be able to make an honest opinion.

So far so good though.

Moto Droid Turbo 2
    10-31-2015 02:20 AM
    I like my new Turbo 2 as well. It's not night and day different than the Turbo 1, but the larger screen is a plus, and the camera is definitely more responsive. The external SD card is a great new/old feature that I am very glad has returned. Plus, I can, so why not.
    10-31-2015 07:57 AM
    I like my new Turbo 2 as well. It's not night and day different than the Turbo 1, but the larger screen is a plus, and the camera is definitely more responsive. The external SD card is a great new/old feature that I am very glad has returned. Plus, I can, so why not.
    And I believe that the WiFi signal/strength is stronger.
    10-31-2015 08:02 AM
    I spent about half an hour in the store with both and could not convince myself it was worth it. Sure, its better, just a tad bit really.

- Screen bigger yes, but what actually is displayed is the same size. I compared Google maps side by side, the map was 100% same size on screen on both devices. T2 had extra screen below just for the buttons. T2 was a tad brighter though, which is good to see.

- Camera, definitely a little more snappy. I did like the front camera being wider, but im not really a selfie taking person anyways. Camera still needs optical image stabilization in my opinion after a few shots I took.

- No Marshmellow. Both dont have it of course, but buying a new phone and waiting until next Summer to get it, while HTC/Nexus come with it right now, is frustrating.

- No fingerprint scanner. Other phones come with this now, making them much quicker to unlock.

Everything about the phone just felt like I was playing with my T1 with some minor tweaks. I'm still debating about whether to upgrade. Turbo 1 is a fantastic phone, so its hard to improve on whats great. Just wish had a few more tweaks to justify $600 - like Marshmellow, fingerprint scanner, OIS, wireless charging..

Lasty- I could care less about the shatterproof screen. T1 already gives you 1 free screen replacement, and I have the insurance on top of that. Plus, ive dropped my T1 at least 10 times outside, and not a single scratch yet.
    10-31-2015 11:10 AM
    I went and checked it out at verizon. I was terribly disappointed with the 4G signal speed. It's slower than my Maxx. The Droid Turbo 2 was at -109dB, my Maxx was at -107dB and the HTC was at -71dB. That just doesn't fly for me. Also don't like that it doesn't come with Marshmallow. Motorola is way too slow with updates.

Sent from my XT1080
    10-31-2015 11:36 AM
    Regarding the screen size. I believe that it depends on what you are doing with the phone. When viewing pictures from the Gallery or watching a YouTube video, for example, the pictures/videos use the entire screen which is bigger than the T1. Now it's not a huge difference, but it is a larger screen. I measured and it is 5.4" from one corner diagonally to the opposite corner. I'm happy with the switch from T1 to T2.
    10-31-2015 12:23 PM
    Its certainly a more evolutionary than revolutionary phone compared to the the Turbo. Nothing earth (or screen) shattering on it. The bigger screen is nice, but it really just seems to be the addition of the button area and removing the capacitive buttons with the 'usable' screen remaining pretty much the same.

The SD card is certainly nice, although I haven't filled up my 32gb Turbo. Hopefully the faster processor will provide some nice improvements, although still likely not night and day. Hopefully the battery will last about the same. Faster charging will be nice at times, although I don't need the speed that often as I usually just charge at night. Faster camera seems good, although I'm still yet to see how much better quality the pics actually are.

My dad and I both have the Turbo. He used his "dad logic" on it and decided there was no reason to get a new phone because the improvements weren't significant. I used "son logic" (I'm 43) looking at the new shiny phone and will of course buy one. I look forward to the new Droids every fall now as I refuse to go to a phone with a smaller battery.
    kmf1 and dmark44 like this.
    10-31-2015 05:02 PM
    I went and checked it out at verizon. I was terribly disappointed with the 4G signal speed. It's slower than my Maxx. The Droid Turbo 2 was at -109dB, my Maxx was at -107dB and the HTC was at -71dB. That just doesn't fly for me. Also don't like that it doesn't come with Marshmallow. Motorola is way too slow with updates.

Sent from my XT1080
    If it was 71 dbm and 107/109 dbm, then I am guessing that the maxx and t2 where on XLTE while the htc wasn't. Which htc device is it? Did you check the band on all the phones?
    10-31-2015 06:58 PM