11-07-2015 04:13 PM
79 1234
tools
    Seems easiest to do via Verizon & just add it to my bill. If you're aware of an interest-free financing option on the 6P, that would be of interest to me...
    Looks like Huawei didn't partner with a credit place that can do no-interest financing. Project Fi seems to be the only way.
    11-02-2015 05:20 PM
    Looks like you can do interest-free financing with Motorola via Motorola Credit too.
    But no credit check with VZ.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-02-2015 05:20 PM
    That is how I paid for mine I had to give them 148.00 down but once it is paid for I can finance another anytime actually like this better then having to wait 2 years to get a discounted phone
    Aquila likes this.
    11-02-2015 05:29 PM
    But no credit check with VZ.

Yup. Looks like they go by your account being in good standing.
    11-02-2015 05:30 PM
    That is how I paid for mine I had to give them 148.00 down but once it is paid for I can finance another anytime actually like this better then having to wait 2 years to get a discounted phone
    Who is this through?
    11-02-2015 07:53 PM
    Verizon who else
    11-02-2015 08:39 PM
    That's why I have one on order from Motorola. Going to test my straight talk sim and Fi network sim..
    I would LOVE to hear your results with those SIMs..Very curious if straight talk is worth the switch.
    11-02-2015 08:49 PM
    I would LOVE to hear your results with those SIMs..Very curious if straight talk is worth the switch.
    I'll be sure to post. I have an active sim for each currently so ill update when I get it.
    11-02-2015 09:16 PM
    - Less proven manufacturer (Huawei) vs Motorola/Lenovo
    Actually in this case the reverse is true. Lenovo has less presence than the smartphone market than Huawei which is the 3rd largest smartphone maker in the world. I see that you've labelled them as Motorola/Lenovo but at this point we may as well just use the lenovo label considering they've pretty much axed all of the original Motorola engineers.
    11-03-2015 06:47 AM
    Not a phablet
    What.
    11-03-2015 07:40 AM
    Like I said in other posts, the best phone is purely subjective and is based on your preferences and usage pattern.

That said, the Turbo 2 is a great piece of kit, but only a few things hold it back for me.
    - Verizon stuff
    - Longer than usual system updates
    - Lack of availability outside Verizon unless you decide to import the Moto X Force, which is an international variant of the Turbo 2

I'd put the SD810 on there as well, but I feel that the heat has died down a bit.

Personally, I prefer the Nexus 6P, but that's just my preference.
    11-03-2015 07:47 AM
    Actually in this case the reverse is true. Lenovo has less presence than the smartphone market than Huawei which is the 3rd largest smartphone maker in the world. I see that you've labelled them as Motorola/Lenovo but at this point we may as well just use the lenovo label considering they've pretty much axed all of the original Motorola engineers.
    I remember when Lenovo was the top smartphone vendor in China. Then it lost to Xiaomi, which in turn, lost to Huawei a few days ago.

Huawei's hardware design has always impressed me. It's right up there with Apple and even HTC in the One M7 days. My only gigantic gripe is EMUI. I dislike it a lot as I think it's not very aesthetically pleasing and as an Android skin, is too heavy for my liking.

The Nexus 6P, to me, is the perfect Huawei device, mixing Huawei's great hardware design with stock Android.
    11-03-2015 07:48 AM
    11-03-2015 09:07 AM
    Having used both the note 5 and turbo 2, the note 5 is noticeably easier to hold in my hand
    11-03-2015 09:14 AM
    wow 5.10" - 6.99" - that includes a TON of devices. The Moto X 2014 and Google Nexus 5X by LG were both missing from the chart so I added them.
    11-03-2015 09:19 AM
    Having used both the note 5 and turbo 2, the note 5 is noticeably easier to hold in my hand
    I'd be somewhat inclined to refer to the Turbo 2 as having a "small" screen (yeah, I know...) - but after 5.7" and 5.96" devices, even my wife's LG G4 feels a little smallish.
    11-03-2015 09:21 AM
    I'd be somewhat inclined to refer to the Turbo 2 as having a "small" screen (yeah, I know...) - but after 5.7" and 5.96" devices, even my wife's LG G4 feels a little smallish.
    The screen is smaller than the note 5 or nexus 6. But the physical width and depth is greater than the note 5. And for me those are the most critical as that is important when holding in my hand. The turbo 2 is shorter though, but the height is a lot less critical than the width and depth for me.

Is the Droid Turbo 2 the Best Android...Ever?-uploadfromtaptalk1446565529025.jpgIs the Droid Turbo 2 the Best Android...Ever?-uploadfromtaptalk1446565538678.jpgIs the Droid Turbo 2 the Best Android...Ever?-uploadfromtaptalk1446565548229.jpg
    Aquila, xocomaox and dmark44 like this.
    11-03-2015 09:48 AM
    Did they? I thought they axed most of the Motorola supporting teams, and didn't touch product development very much.
    11-03-2015 09:49 AM
    And for me those are the most critical as that is important when holding in my hand.
    I'm inclined to agree. The width reduction between the Nex5X and the G4 doesn't seem like much, but for me, it was a lot. The 5X is easier to hold in one hand than the G4.

However, back to the topic....I am not sure I would consider this to be the greatest device made. Is it a solid contender? Yes. Greatest...no.
    11-03-2015 09:52 AM
    I'm inclined to agree. The width reduction between the Nex5X and the G4 doesn't seem like much, but for me, it was a lot. The 5X is easier to hold in one hand than the G4.

However, back to the topic....I am not sure I would consider this to be the greatest device made. Is it a solid contender? Yes. Greatest...no.

In the interest of maintaining the thread on topic, i created a separate thread discussing whether or not the Turbo 2 is a phablet, so that this thread doesn't get sidelined. Personally, it has some potential, but the lack of FPS is to me a big negative. The shatterproof screen is nice...but it also comes at the expense of making the phone bigger than it needed to be.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...2-phablet.html
    Ry and Golfdriver97 like this.
    11-03-2015 10:08 AM
    wow 5.10" - 6.99" - that includes a TON of devices. The Moto X 2014 and Google Nexus 5X by LG were both missing from the chart so I added them.
    The G2 would fall into that grouping then, but I don't think many if any would call it a phablet.

11-03-2015 10:26 AM
    When you hear what most people want in a phone:

Removable or long lasting battery
    Expandable storage
    Excellent camera
    Durable (in this case extremely).
    Not a phablet
    Near stock android

This device seems to check all the boxes that most look for/complain about when a device comes out and always seems to be missing something. Every device is always missing that one feature...

Unfortunately being loved down to Verizon is a downfall. But I'm scheming the ways to make it work!
    I'm sorry. I have owned the Droid Turbo. And that thing in its own right looked so classy. It felt like a phone by which looking at it gave an impression that the designer gave a crap about design. Even though it was thick, it looked amazing.

I own the Galaxy S6 now. And this has happened to me in the past, I don't care if the phone is providing me with everything, but if it doesn't feel like a $600 phone when I pick it up, it isn't worth it. The Droid Turbo is still the closest phone to being perfect in my opinion.

The Turbo 2 is
    U
    G
    L
    Y

I know it's subjective. But what's up with the asymmetrical bezels? The lower bezel looks soooooo bad! In my opinion of course.

The Turbo 1 will be remembered as a classic! It was amazing! The camera wasn't the best but I had taken amazing pictures with it nevertheless. Update support wasn't the best and that matters. The rest was and still is near perfect!

11-03-2015 11:22 AM
    I have a S6 Edge+ but i liked the way this phone looked and the battery specs so i decided to give it a try. Needless to say its sitting in the Verizon bag about to go back to the store. Maybe im just spoiled with Samsung's TouchWiz UI but there are so many parts of the Turbo2 that are not customizable its just annoying as hell to me. The screen is decent but the resolution sucks comparred to the screen real estate on the S6 Edge+ and Note 5, its alot heavier and the Verizon rep said even though the screen doesnt break numerous people were complaining about how easy it scratched up. Its a very basic phone if you ask me, someone just starting off with Android this is a great phone and i really wanted to like it. Another annoyance, the email completely SUCKS, with my Galaxy i can shrink the font down and see about 10 emails in a nice clean list, with the Turbo2 i can see maybe 4 or 5 if im lucky and i have to keep hitting "show pictures" every time, im a corporate guy so email is important and this phone just completely fails in the email department. Text messaging is also horrible, well at least the native interface is, no way to customize it at all without installing a 3rd party text program. This phone is going back to Verizon unless my Dad wants it, he is 74 years old and will probably like it due to it being so basic. The phone looks great though, Moto did a great job on the design but whats inside sucks and for that reason i wouldnt waste my time with it.
    11-03-2015 11:40 AM
    Like I said in other posts, the best phone is purely subjective and is based on your preferences and usage pattern.

That said, the Turbo 2 is a great piece of kit, but only a few things hold it back for me.
    - Verizon stuff
    - Longer than usual system updates
    - Lack of availability outside Verizon unless you decide to import the Moto X Force, which is an international variant of the Turbo 2

I'd put the SD810 on there as well, but I feel that the heat has died down a bit.

Personally, I prefer the Nexus 6P, but that's just my preference.
    Agree, it's all subjective but two things hold me back from the 6p. No qi charging and I can't get it subsidized before the 15th. But the qi is really this difference maker for me.
    11-03-2015 11:48 AM
    I have a S6 Edge+ but i liked the way this phone looked and the battery specs so i decided to give it a try. Needless to say its sitting in the Verizon bag about to go back to the store. Maybe im just spoiled with Samsung's TouchWiz UI but there are so many parts of the Turbo2 that are not customizable its just annoying as hell to me. The screen is decent but the resolution sucks comparred to the screen real estate on the S6 Edge+ and Note 5, its alot heavier and the Verizon rep said even though the screen doesnt break numerous people were complaining about how easy it scratched up. Its a very basic phone if you ask me, someone just starting off with Android this is a great phone and i really wanted to like it. Another annoyance, the email completely SUCKS, with my Galaxy i can shrink the font down and see about 10 emails in a nice clean list, with the Turbo2 i can see maybe 4 or 5 if im lucky and i have to keep hitting "show pictures" every time, im a corporate guy so email is important and this phone just completely fails in the email department. Text messaging is also horrible, well at least the native interface is, no way to customize it at all without installing a 3rd party text program. This phone is going back to Verizon unless my Dad wants it, he is 74 years old and will probably like it due to it being so basic. The phone looks great though, Moto did a great job on the design but whats inside sucks and for that reason i wouldnt waste my time with it.
    Hmm, for such a 'basic' phone it had you fooled?

Simple setting changes photos in email allows you to change photos to 'always show'. And you an easily change the text settings to show more content.

Sounds like you had other reasons for not liking/wanting it, because its just as or more capable than a galaxy...
    11-03-2015 12:00 PM
79 1234