Is the Droid Turbo 2 the Best Android...Ever?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you are referring to the front logo then you can remove the factory installed screen protector.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I didn't want to start a new thread so I'm asking here. In regards to turning the screen off and turning it on, does this phone have a feature similar to the htc m8 where you can double tap the screen to turn in on and tap the screen to turn it off? My goal with any new phone is to use the buttons the least amount as possible.

And for the speakers, how do they sound when playing music? I know it probably doesn't compare to the htc M series of phones but how does it sound when playing music (without headphones)? I haven't been able to find any of this info yet. thx!
There is no double tap but there is an app I believe called Screen Off that I got and then set the double tap action on nova launcher to activate that app which then turns the screen off. Works just like the LG phones.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd vote no. I'd put it somewhere in the top 5 maybe, but definitely in the top 10.

If I had to make a short list in 30 seconds or so, I'd go with:

1. Nexus 6p
2. Moto XPE
3. Galaxy Note 5
4. Nexus 5x
5. Sony Xperia Z5 (one of them)
6. Moto X Play
7. LG G4
8. DROID TURBO 2
9. Nexus 6
10. HTC M9

But I have zero interest in anything but 1, 2, 4 and 9 on that list.

I will say that I am MUCH happier with this year's TURBO than last year, but it has a lot of not happy points that make it a rather regressive device. IMO, get rid of the logo, make it high quality dual speakers, find a way to give it the durability without resorting to plastic, increase the screen size and screen to body ratio, get it out of Verizon's software grips and price it near the Moto X PE or Nexus 5x - and maybe we have a different conversation.

While it's a good device, being a Verizon-exclusive would take it out of any overall lists for me.

(But I don't plan on leaving Verizon anytime soon)

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Looks like you can do interest-free financing with Motorola via Motorola Credit too.

Seems easiest to do via Verizon & just add it to my bill. If you're aware of an interest-free financing option on the 6P, that would be of interest to me...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Seems easiest to do via Verizon & just add it to my bill. If you're aware of an interest-free financing option on the 6P, that would be of interest to me...

Looks like Huawei didn't partner with a credit place that can do no-interest financing. Project Fi seems to be the only way.

lou61166#CB

Banned
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
That is how I paid for mine I had to give them 148.00 down but once it is paid for I can finance another anytime actually like this better then having to wait 2 years to get a discounted phone

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
- Less proven manufacturer (Huawei) vs Motorola/Lenovo
Actually in this case the reverse is true. Lenovo has less presence than the smartphone market than Huawei which is the 3rd largest smartphone maker in the world. I see that you've labelled them as Motorola/Lenovo but at this point we may as well just use the lenovo label considering they've pretty much axed all of the original Motorola engineers.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Like I said in other posts, the best phone is purely subjective and is based on your preferences and usage pattern.

That said, the Turbo 2 is a great piece of kit, but only a few things hold it back for me.
- Verizon stuff
- Longer than usual system updates
- Lack of availability outside Verizon unless you decide to import the Moto X Force, which is an international variant of the Turbo 2

I'd put the SD810 on there as well, but I feel that the heat has died down a bit.

Personally, I prefer the Nexus 6P, but that's just my preference.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Actually in this case the reverse is true. Lenovo has less presence than the smartphone market than Huawei which is the 3rd largest smartphone maker in the world. I see that you've labelled them as Motorola/Lenovo but at this point we may as well just use the lenovo label considering they've pretty much axed all of the original Motorola engineers.

I remember when Lenovo was the top smartphone vendor in China. Then it lost to Xiaomi, which in turn, lost to Huawei a few days ago.

Huawei's hardware design has always impressed me. It's right up there with Apple and even HTC in the One M7 days. My only gigantic gripe is EMUI. I dislike it a lot as I think it's not very aesthetically pleasing and as an Android skin, is too heavy for my liking.

The Nexus 6P, to me, is the perfect Huawei device, mixing Huawei's great hardware design with stock Android.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney