Holding down the power button only seems to give one option: power off. Most other phones while holding the power button will also give you a reset option. Thoughts?
    11-01-2015 08:53 PM
    Holding down the power button only seems to give one option: power off. Most other phones while holding the power button will also give you a reset option. Thoughts?
    I've had Motorola's for the last 4 years and I think it will just give you a power off and airplane mode option. I don't remember ever seeing a reset option.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-01-2015 08:59 PM
    I think those options were removed after Lollipop. You can check what happens if you long press on the Power Off window. It should give you unless an option to boot in safe mode. What kind of reset are you trying to find, factory reset?
    11-01-2015 09:05 PM
    Just a soft reset. First moto device Samsung Galaxy s4 prior gave reset, off, airplane mode as options if you pressed and held the power button.
    11-01-2015 09:32 PM
    Try holding power and volume down until a reboot

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-01-2015 09:39 PM
    There's a way to reset if your phone is unresponsive holding down the power button for 10-15 seconds.
    Ry likes this.
    11-01-2015 09:44 PM
    Moto phones over the last few years have never had a restart. Just power off. (I believe that's just the stock android behavior.)
    11-01-2015 11:43 PM
    This is the way AOSP is so it's the way Motorola does it.
    dmark44 and D._Manley like this.
    11-02-2015 12:14 PM
    There's a way to reset if your phone is unresponsive holding down the power button for 10-15 seconds.
    This is the reset. Hold the power button down longer.
    Ry likes this.
    11-02-2015 05:11 PM
    Holding the power button for 10-15 seconds until it turns off and then back on isn't even a real restart/reboot in the traditional sense like a laptop or desktop. The apps I had open before "restarting" the phone this way doesn't even close those apps out or do what a restart is supposed to do. I treat my phone like a computer bc it is one and it does need to be restarted every couple days to clear out memory, cache etc. just like my desk/lap top when I restart those or even the Samsung or HTC phones. It doesn't seem to be an option on the Turbo 2. I would like to see this option available on the next update though.
    01-21-2016 02:35 PM
    Holding the power button most surely is a real reboot. It is a simulation of pulling the battery, putting it back in, and pressing power to restart the phone. Motorola added this feature with their first droid phones that had built in batteries - the Droid Razr.

Google doesn't allow a reboot in stock android because they don't want to expose that functionality to a non-root process. Motorola will use what stock android uses. I suppose it's possible that Google will change their mind with android N but I'm not sure I'd count on it. It's really not that difficult to shut down and restart the phone, is it?
    01-21-2016 02:55 PM
    Holding the power button for 10-15 seconds until it turns off and then back on isn't even a real restart/reboot in the traditional sense like a laptop or desktop. The apps I had open before "restarting" the phone this way doesn't even close those apps out or do what a restart is supposed to do. I treat my phone like a computer bc it is one and it does need to be restarted every couple days to clear out memory, cache etc. just like my desk/lap top when I restart those or even the Samsung or HTC phones. It doesn't seem to be an option on the Turbo 2. I would like to see this option available on the next update though.
    The way the reset is handled on the DT2, the long power button hold disconnects the battery via the safety circuit, and then reconnects it, just like a hard reset. There is no distinction between soft and hard resets on the DT2.
    01-22-2016 05:01 PM
    This works...
    My Droid Turbo 2 locks up daily. holding the power button down doesn't cut it. I had to hold down Power and Volume buttons (both of them) for about 5 seconds to get a hard reboot of the phone.
    01-25-2016 11:47 AM
    This works...
    My Droid Turbo 2 locks up daily. holding the power button down doesn't cut it. I had to hold down Power and Volume buttons (both of them) for about 5 seconds to get a hard reboot of the phone.
    Holding the power button for 10 to 20 seconds - again - is hard set into the phone to simulate a disconnect and reconnect of the battery. It will power the phone back on.

See https://motorola-global-portal.custh...C9583/kw/reset
    01-25-2016 04:27 PM
    Holding the power button for 10 to 20 seconds - again - is hard set into the phone to simulate a disconnect and reconnect of the battery. It will power the phone back on.

See https://motorola-global-portal.custh...C9583/kw/reset
    Seems simple enough. I haven't seen the other option for a while. My last phone - MAXX - didn't have it. Holding the button down for a longer time isn't really a problem.
    01-27-2016 06:43 PM