You can order a replacement Moto Shattershield Lens from Motorola

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Replacement shattershield lens

Nice! About the same cost as the VZW flexible glass screen protector. Almost think you dont need one of those anymore(I put one on). Just order a couple of these as standby's, will almost guarantee you'd never need to replace them. I wonder how you get the old off? Heat?

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

I doubt you need to heat the old one up. Probably just peels right off. I ordered the 3 pack of cheap ones from verizon, but I won't even bother putting them on. I'll just order one of these and replace it if it ever gets scratched.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Nice, now we know a price ($30). Won't be long and there will probably be options (including without logos) for $10-20 on Amazon. :)

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

Hey Mr. Ry (or any other mod for that matter), I'd like to request this be made a sticky so that everyone can find this quickly...

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

It'll be interesting to see what options folks come up with for adding your own custom logo. Would be super simple on the front of the protector, but I wonder about the back of it, if it would mess with the touch sensitivity. I'm picturing my biz logo in place of the Verizon one... :)

Demoic

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Do you think its worth putting a screen protector over this replaceable outer layer? Just asking because these replacements are quite a bit more than a standard screen protector.

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you think its worth putting a screen protector over this replaceable outer layer? Just asking because these replacements are quite a bit more than a standard screen protector.

I was originally going to do that until I found the replacement lens. Any more layers decrease the sensitivity of the touch. My droid Maxx wouldn't register sometimes with a screen protector on. This will be the first phone I won't use a screen protector on.

Posted via the Android Central App

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
From looking at the 1 day old phone at the Verizon store and seeing how scratched it was (they were light, but definitely there) I don't think I could stand/deal with the stock screen. I already bought one of the glass protectors. Its held up well on my Turbo and the ones for the T2 actually seem to be made specifically for the phone as opposed to the ones they sold for the original Turbo.

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a replacement lens from Motorola just to have a backup on hand. I'm happy to say it came in today with........ No Verizon logo on it!

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Got my spare replacement lens today as well, and no Verizon logo on the lens. If you hate the logo that much, just order a replacement, no reason to risk your $700 device without the factory lens.

Posted via the Android Central App

wildrage

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
My phone has many, many scratches on the stock shattershield from less than a week of use. Those of you who don't plan on using a screen protector might want to rethink your position. Sure, you can replace it, but replacing a $30 lense every month or so seems a bit steep for me. I'll be rolling with the stock shattershield and a screen protector on top.

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
My phone has many, many scratches on the stock shattershield from less than a week of use. Those of you who don't plan on using a screen protector might want to rethink your position. Sure, you can replace it, but replacing a $30 lense every month or so seems a bit steep for me. I'll be rolling with the stock shattershield and a screen protector on top.

I was undecided for a while - but finally decided when our 3 Turbo 2's arrived to install the Verizon tempered glass screen protectors on the pristeen new Turbo 2's before we ever used them. They fit perfectly - no gaps, perfect cutouts. Feel great, look great. No doubt that if I were to try to typical "Turbo 2" drop test, the glass layer would fracture, and I might even have to replace the removable shattershield layer below it, but this setup is nice - very resistant to scratches, all the "feel" of glass. Glad we opted for this, and won't hesitate to do this again if we get more phones with this type of screen.

Jon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt