11-30-2015 12:32 PM
48 12
tools
    Soft grip likes to pick up crumbs and crap easily and is hard to remove. Battery life us not even close to claimed.... 12 hours or so for me. Lack of image stability and voice "cheese" commands for the camera is a big drawback for me. I'm also missing the LED notifications but I admit I'm liking the Moto Breathe more and more each day.
    K_Quinn likes this.
    11-08-2015 12:18 PM
    I'm getting spam pop ups just started!
    11-08-2015 12:24 PM
    This is the 1st non Samsung phone I've had in 4 years. It's taking some getting used to but all in all I really like the Turbo. Here's my list:

-Physical home buttom & capacitive buttons. They are just always there & don't take up any screen realestate.
    -All of the options in the software. Specifically the camera (3 speeds for both slow motion & fast motion movies, photo sphere, best shot mode, best face mode etc).
    -Having to cut the phone all the way on to see the battery pecentage instead of it being on the lock/wake screen.
    -Lock screen widgets
    -A personalized locksceen ticker or note/sentence about whose phone it is.
    -Removabe battery
    11-08-2015 09:50 PM
    A few more things........

-Soft grip not very grippy, not nearly what I was hoping it would be.
    -When clearing my open tabs, each one has to be cleared individually. With Samsung there was a clear/close all button. I used to make fun of my son's iPhone for having to clear them one by one, now I'm having to do the same thing.
    K_Quinn likes this.
    11-09-2015 08:45 AM
    I'm with you on the clear all tabs. I just bought a Samsung Tab S2 and I can do that there. . I had always thought it was a Lollipop thing, but i guess it's something Motorola overlooked.

A few more things........

-Soft grip not very grippy, not nearly what I was hoping it would be.
    -When clearing my open tabs, each one has to be cleared individually. With Samsung there was a clear/close all button. I used to make fun of my son's iPhone for having to clear them one by one, now I'm having to do the same thing.
    11-09-2015 10:16 AM
    A-When clearing my open tabs, each one has to be cleared individually. With Samsung there was a clear/close all button. I used to make fun of my son's iPhone for having to clear them one by one, now I'm having to do the same thing.
    Tabs or apps?

Chrome has a setting that doesn't put the individual tabs in the recent apps list. See How to merge and unmerge Chrome tabs in Lollipop | Android Central

And there should be very, very few times when you need to clear all of your recent apps. (In fact, I can't think of a good time when you should clear all recent apps.) Android runs better in almost every case when you don't force close apps. (The same goes for the iPhone/iOS, so stop making fun of your son for it.)
    11-09-2015 10:57 AM
    I have had the phone exactly 8 days know and truly love the functionality of it everything seems to work good things I feel could be better the screen where in no way not acceptable the picture could be a hair better also the lock screen should have a few more features

Posted via the Android Central App
    cjp39 likes this.
    11-09-2015 12:15 PM
    I'd have to go with the whole "locked down" issue. We're buying the fricking thing outright, let us own it as well.
    11-20-2015 01:51 PM
    I agree with you on the "cheese" commands. That should be a given.
    11-20-2015 03:19 PM
    My phone opens up so many tabs (I guess that's what they are. One for each window/program I've opened up) it is difficult to sort through them. I've counted as many as 15 or 20 including multiple "tabs" for Google and Moto. I want those to go away after I've used them.
    11-20-2015 03:23 PM
    Once you sign into google plus or one of the other Google apps your profile pick will be put there, or you can choose one from your photos.

Doing that also puts your photo on the message app in the blank box.

Moto Droid Turbo 2
    This didn't work for me.

11-21-2015 11:02 PM
    you don't need the volume down key.
    Am I the only one who's phone just takes screen shots with this key combo? Good to know how to do that though
    11-22-2015 07:26 AM
    For me it is the size and the lack of grip. I have small hands so using this phone is an adjustment for me. But the problem is that almost every quality phone is bigger.
    11-23-2015 07:42 PM
    I can't stand the stock DPI of 640.
    11-25-2015 11:44 PM
    Overall I'm very happy with the phone and didn't realize how much I'd like having a white phone. The thing is still kind of slippery, although it is better than my T1. I'd prefer to have LG sized bezels to give a smaller phone in lieu of the big shattershield bezels. I'll risk the expense. I'd prefer startup to be silent (this is a small nitpick and applies to all phones). There should be a soft reset option without having to turn the phone off (that's a Moto problem for ever). Each Chome tab is now its own tab in the open apps? It was far better the previous way where it was all in Chrome as that open apps thing already gets too cluttered. There needs to be a button there to "close all".
    11-26-2015 11:08 AM
    Overall I'm very happy with the phone and didn't realize how much I'd like having a white phone. The thing is still kind of slippery, although it is better than my T1. I'd prefer to have LG sized bezels to give a smaller phone in lieu of the big shattershield bezels. I'll risk the expense. I'd prefer startup to be silent (this is a small nitpick and applies to all phones). There should be a soft reset option without having to turn the phone off (that's a Moto problem for ever). Each Chome tab is now its own tab in the open apps? It was far better the previous way where it was all in Chrome as that open apps thing already gets too cluttered. There needs to be a button there to "close all".
    You can change the way chrome handles tabs in the setting within chrome also you can close all tabs with one touch

dmark44 and Snareman like this.
    11-26-2015 11:33 AM
    I agree, its way too slippery. Very hard to hold and type, which is an important quality to have! Among other minor gripes, I'm returning mine for the LG V10 tomorrow.

On the battery life, Verizon should really stop advertising 48 hours. No test have shown it coming anywhere close to that. Its more like 14-18 hours with normal apps running.
    11-26-2015 11:37 AM
    You can change the way chrome handles tabs in the setting within chrome also you can close all tabs with one touch

Didn't realize that. Thanks!
    11-26-2015 12:04 PM
    I am really missing the IR blaster on the M8. Used it all the time with Anymote. This so far is what I not like about the T2.
    This has me in a hold pattern with my G3. I don't even know where half my remotes are. The battery life and active notifications will probably make up for it, but I wish all phones had IR blasters.

11-26-2015 12:40 PM
    I agree, its way too slippery. Very hard to hold and type, which is an important quality to have! Among other minor gripes, I'm returning mine for the LG V10 tomorrow.

On the battery life, Verizon should really stop advertising 48 hours. No test have shown it coming anywhere close to that. Its more like 14-18 hours with normal apps running.
    People said the same with the droid maxx. I routinely got 2 days use out of it. Sometimes with light use and WiFi - 3.5 days. Depends on how you use it. A Prius doesn't get 50mpg when it's going 100mph, that's not to say people don't get that with their Prius all the time. Most of the tests are done by people using their phone quite a bit, and in that case expect a days use with a high SOT.

PS - I have no clue what a Prius actually gets.

jmanches42 likes this.
    11-26-2015 12:50 PM
    People said the same with the droid maxx. I routinely got 2 days use out of it. Sometimes with light use and WiFi - 3.5 days. Depends on how you use it. A Prius doesn't get 50mpg when it's going 100mph, that's not to say people don't get that with their Prius all the time. Most of the tests are done by people using their phone quite a bit, and in that case expect a days use with a high SOT.

PS - I have no clue what a Prius actually gets.

It's definitely possible to get 48 hours on this phone with relatively light usage. If you can get 48 hours with 3-4 hours SOT, I think that petty much bonifies their claim in my eyes. This is with no wifi, 4 emails auto syncing and zero plug ins at any point in between. Not super heavy usage over 2 days by any means but nice to know I can go almost 2 days without charging if I need to.
    Attached Thumbnails What you NOT like about your DROID TURBO 2?-1448673799319.jpg  
    11-27-2015 08:24 PM
    I don't like that I can't get Metadata to display in my Dodge Charger's Uconnect screen, though I had the same issue with my Samsung Note 3. Overall I'm very happy with this phone and it's nice to have something that fits easily in my pocket again!
    11-29-2015 08:32 PM
    While at the store, I had the sales person show me what apps to use to download music, (MP3/music download) MP3 music download would always display "no content for (whatever song we'd search for)...also stated no search engine. She then downloaded the app she uses (music download, it's the green circle icon with the music note inside of it), it seems to allow you to download maybe 1 song and then it's like it's looping. I just bought the cell brand new from the store Friday....it's Monday
    11-30-2015 12:32 PM
48 12