Just got my Turbo 2. During setup, I selected to restore backup from the google account (something like that) and then used the NFC feature where it supposedly copies all the apps and info from my Turbo. It did copy the wifi and google account and now is downloading apps. Pretty cool and easy.

Wonder if there will be issues with any apps or anything by not just manually setting it all up.
    11-03-2015 04:36 PM
    Just got my Turbo 2. During setup, I selected to restore backup from the google account (something like that) and then used the NFC feature where it supposedly copies all the apps and info from my Turbo. It did copy the wifi and google account and now is downloading apps. Pretty cool and easy.

Wonder if there will be issues with any apps or anything by not just manually setting it all up.
    You should be okay - I've used the Migrate thing in the past with no issues but have found I'd rather set it up from the get go. I even copy all info from my SD Card to the pc, then format the card with the new device and push everything back over.

I'm sure it's overkill, but I feel better doing it this way.
    11-03-2015 05:26 PM
    thanks. I thought it would copy over the app data and that does not seem the case. Seems like it got by google account, wifi, and the apps, but looks like I have to setup many of my apps still. Not sure hot to find out if the moto app is done or still has things to do after all the apps are downloaded. not sure what moto app to look for.
    11-03-2015 05:31 PM
    thanks. I thought it would copy over the app data and that does not seem the case. Seems like it got by google account, wifi, and the apps, but looks like I have to setup many of my apps still. Not sure hot to find out if the moto app is done or still has things to do after all the apps are downloaded. not sure what moto app to look for.
    It should give you a message when the migrate thing is done. Do you see anything being downloaded from the status bar (top left)?
    11-03-2015 05:35 PM
    just apps for now.
    11-03-2015 05:38 PM
    it jsut downloaded apps and not the app data. I wonder if I had to choose that. Not sure how to get that app back.
    11-03-2015 06:06 PM
    At the Verizon store, opening morning, Moto Migrate did not work, so the Verizon guy used Verizon Cloud to backup all my stuff from the T1 and then moved it all to my T2. Took a bit longer, but everything ended up on the new phone.
    11-03-2015 07:19 PM
    it jsut downloaded apps and not the app data. I wonder if I had to choose that. Not sure how to get that app back.
    I don't think the app data pulls over - just the app itself.
    11-03-2015 07:34 PM
    At the Verizon store, opening morning, Moto Migrate did not work, so the Verizon guy used Verizon Cloud to backup all my stuff from the T1 and then moved it all to my T2. Took a bit longer, but everything ended up on the new phone.
    Did this pull all the app data too? Did you have re re-setup your corporate exchange account if you have one and the app settings? Have to re-enter app password like starbucks, MS Office, One Note, etc...Have to re-setup home screen?

Luckily I still have my old turbo so I can spend the day going through to set up. Just a pain.

Mike
    11-04-2015 05:16 AM
    Don't have an Exchange account. Pulled all app data, including all text messages. I could use my Tapatalk app right away, so I believe the passwords were pulled as well. I use the Dolphin browser, and all my Speed dials were there. Went very well. The process also involved using a new wireless WiFi transfer device in the store.
    11-04-2015 05:55 AM
    thanks. I did not use the verizon cloud, I think the built in tool with Lolipop. Maybe I had an option to do both apps and apps data and did not select it.

I wound up getting everything set up. I used sms restore and backup for all my text messages. some of my apps had an export and import feature. Contacts are done with the exchange server. I think the only thing I am missing is recent call log. For photos and music, will move that manually as well.

Maybe next time I will look at using the verizon cloud. One reason I did not was because it seemed to want to copy all my contacts from the exchange account and I was concerned it would duplicate them.
    11-04-2015 06:07 AM