Screen protector?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't bother... If the factory installed screen protector gets damaged,then you can just replace it with another one. No need to install another screen protector over the factory installed screen protector.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't bother... If the factory installed screen protector gets damaged,then you can just replace it with another one. No need to install another screen protector over the factory installed screen protector.

I was unaware that it came with a factory installed screen protector. The Verizon guy certainly was trying to sell me one!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. So I'm guessing putting another screen protector may be overkill?
Well Motorola charges $30 for theirs so... If you want you can buy cheap ones which would be cheaper to replace. Once it is on good I almost never replace my screen protectors unless it is heavily damaged... Which hasn't really happened yet on previous phones

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
The one I purchased from a company sent a defective one. The adhesive won't stick to the top or bottom. When I queried them they're claiming that the top and bottom of the Turbo 2 is slightly curved and so screen protectors are having difficulty staying in place. I don't believe that. I don't see any curve to the screen.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

Yes, but the stock plastic screen protector scratches very easily as I witnessed on the 1 day old phone in the store which hadn't even been in people's pockets with keys and such. The glass protectors have much higher scratch rating. I don't want to have to keep replacing the plastic one. The shatterproofness is nice, but I wonder how it goes if you take the plastic stock one off and put one of the glass Vereizon ones in its place.

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
The one I purchased from a company sent a defective one. The adhesive won't stick to the top or bottom. When I queried them they're claiming that the top and bottom of the Turbo 2 is slightly curved and so screen protectors are having difficulty staying in place. I don't believe that. I don't see any curve to the screen.

Return it for a full refund. Run the phone without one, and buy the official motorola one for if/when it might need to be replaced. You'll be much happier with a much more responsive screen. I'm already loving not having an additional screen protector.

charklos

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but the stock plastic screen protector scratches very easily as I witnessed on the 1 day old phone in the store which hadn't even been in people's pockets with keys and such. The glass protectors have much higher scratch rating. I don't want to have to keep replacing the plastic one. The shatterproofness is nice, but I wonder how it goes if you take the plastic stock one off and put one of the glass Vereizon ones in its place.

I was wondering the same thing, cuz I've already got a little knick on my screen!

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Depends on your use I guess. Mine still looks mint. I don't mind a few scratches on the screen protector though... That's what it is for. If you plan to put keys in the same pocket and want to keep it mint then sure you can put a tempered glass screen protector on it.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Depends on your use I guess. Mine still looks mint. I don't mind a few scratches on the screen protector though... That's what it is for. If you plan to put keys in the same pocket and want to keep it mint then sure you can put a tempered glass screen protector on it.

I guess I'm more annoyed by the scratches and I figure that if I'm going to have a screen protector on there I'd rather have one that is going to be more scratch resistant, anal as I am about where I put my phone. Less often I have to shell out the money for a new protector depending on how scratched it gets or how annoyed you are by then. Heck, I see all of these people walking around with screens cracked in about 50 places that don't seem to mind (or just don't want to spend the money on a new phone I suppose), so perhaps people won't mind some scratches.

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm more annoyed by the scratches and I figure that if I'm going to have a screen protector on there I'd rather have one that is going to be more scratch resistant, anal as I am about where I put my phone. Less often I have to shell out the money for a new protector depending on how scratched it gets or how annoyed you are by then. Heck, I see all of these people walking around with screens cracked in about 50 places that don't seem to mind (or just don't want to spend the money on a new phone I suppose), so perhaps people won't mind some scratches.

Well, I read a bit more over on the motorola forums, and there are people already complaining of scratches. I just really cleaned the screen off well, and sure enough, there are some small faint ones. Hmm...looks like I might change my mind. Well, I already have another shattershield replacement coming. I'll probably wait until I get a lot more scratches, then replace it, maybe even throw another screen protector on at that time too. We'll see...

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

I ordered a tempered glass from two separate companies and had the exact same issues with both. They both provided a refund and gave me the exact same explanation as they gave you. When is someone going to release a tempered glass that actually works?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a tempered glass from two separate companies and had the exact same issues with both. They both provided a refund and gave me the exact same explanation as they gave you. When is someone going to release a tempered glass that actually works?
Did you try the Verizon one?

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Very interesting! I still see a lot of product / merchandise confusion with the T2 and original Droid Turbo!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I understand. But to me the point is there is already a factory installed screen protector. Just keep it until it is scratched enough to bother you then get another one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci