How would the phone do replacing the OEM plastic screen with a flexible glass protector?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
My plan is to put a flexible glass protector on the screen to protect the plastic one from scratches. Does anyone have any thoughts on how the phone would do if I just took the user removable plastic one off and put one of the glass ones back on in its place? I'm not really that concerned about protecting the screen from cracking. Would it improve responsiveness or make the phone that much (I know, less than 1mm) thinner? Is it worth doing or not really do you think?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you having problems with touch screen responsiveness? I find the touch screen to be excellent.

personally I don't think that you would see much difference in terms of responsiveness changing to a glass screen protector. I would imagine that a flexible glass screen protector would be about the same thickness as the stock one. Perhaps slightly thicker,but it shouldn't be that noticeable

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
My plan is to put a flexible glass protector on the screen to protect the plastic one from scratches. Does anyone have any thoughts on how the phone would do if I just took the user removable plastic one off and put one of the glass ones back on in its place? I'm not really that concerned about protecting the screen from cracking. Would it improve responsiveness or make the phone that much (I know, less than 1mm) thinner? Is it worth doing or not really do you think?

See my post here before you decide not to use the shattershield lens...
http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-turbo-2/601973-remove-factory-installed-screen-protector-protective-lens-remove-front-logo.html#post4806272

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Are you having problems with touch screen responsiveness? I find the touch screen to be excellent.

personally I don't think that you would see much difference in terms of responsiveness changing to a glass screen protector. I would imagine that a flexible glass screen protector would be about the same thickness as the stock one. Perhaps slightly thicker,but it shouldn't be that noticeable
I actually don't have the phone yet even. It is apparently still being assembled by those moto maker people. I probably won't do it. Just thinking aloud.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Well first off you will void the warranty, so that right there shoukd deter you since its for the screen and not just rooting or something you could hide.

Second, motorola developed shattershield tech and you are already wanting to change the formula they came up with?

You shouldn't be having any problems with the touch response, if you are i would take the phone back and show the people at the store or whatever.

Posted via the Android Central App

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Well first off you will void the warranty, so that right there shoukd deter you since its for the screen and not just rooting or something you could hide.

Second, motorola developed shattershield tech and you are already wanting to change the formula they came up with?

You shouldn't be having any problems with the touch response, if you are i would take the phone back and show the people at the store or whatever.

Posted via the Android Central App

I would have rather taken my chances with smaller bezels and a smaller phone than with the larger shatter shield. In all the years I've been carrying phones I've never dropped one and broken the screen. Sure, there's a first for everything, but I'd be willing to risk it. That said, I'll leave the screen as is and just put the glass protector over it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton