I'm a satisfied owner of the Turbo 1, but shiny new things attract me. It would be awesome to have a shatterproof screen, but I haven't broken a screen yet on any of my smartphones. I have the Verizon tempered glass protector on my Turbo 1 and have zero scratches on the screen, even though I keep it in my pocket with my huge set of keys.

I've yet to have a plastic screen protector that didn't show scratches. So, is the outer "lens" on the T2 scratch resistant at all? If it is the usual plastic, is there a tempered glass protector that fits the Turbo 2, and if so, do you need to replace the lens to install it, or does it go over the existing lens? Don't most tempered glass protectors need to adhere to a glass screen underneath to install properly? Let's exclude any possible "warranty" issues in the responses.
    rdjr74 likes this.
    11-06-2015 01:22 PM
    I am using the Verizon flexible glass screen protector on mine. All is well. The folks at the Motorola Owners Forum are highly recommending putting screen protectors on the new T2s.
    11-06-2015 01:44 PM
    I plan on going nekkid with this one - I think laying another glass protector is overkill. Motorola also offers the replacement screen for about what you'd pay for a Zagg or similar brand glass.

Moto ShatterShield™ Replacement Lens for Droid Turbo 2
    11-06-2015 01:51 PM
    After 2 days of use, I already have a couple small fine scratches. I do wish I knew beforehand about this, but oh well. A replacement shattershield is already in the mail. Once I get annoyed enough with the number of scratches, I will replace the shattershield lens and put a screen protector on top. Not sure which one just yet. But to answer your one question there, the shattershield lens is not scratch resistant.
    11-06-2015 03:26 PM
    As said above, the factory installed screen protector isn't really scratch resistant
    11-06-2015 04:05 PM
    I looked at the phone at the Verizon store 1 day after launch and it already had some micro scratches on the screen. I'm putting a flexible glass protector on it when my phone arrives.
    11-06-2015 04:09 PM
    This is the #1 reason I am not buying this phone. I have a Turbo 1 and keep it naked in my pocket. Never a scratch. I am concerned that the Turbo 2's plastic screen will scratch and it will drive me crazy.
    11-06-2015 05:08 PM
    No scratches on mine after 4 days of outside use
    11-06-2015 05:25 PM
    This is the #1 reason I am not buying this phone. I have a Turbo 1 and keep it naked in my pocket. Never a scratch. I am concerned that the Turbo 2's plastic screen will scratch and it will drive me crazy.
    So just put a glass screen protector on it and you'll be fine.
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-06-2015 05:26 PM
    Ya. What's another layer, anyway? Putting a glass screen protector over the turbos plastic screen protector. I would be rocking a 6 layer screen.
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-06-2015 06:09 PM
    I've had mine a week now. No case or screen protector yet. I work outdoors and have dropped my phone in grass, dirt and sand. It has fell inside my vehicle too. Where my feet are and in the console.

There are no scratches or blemishes on the outer lens that I can see at all. Looks just like the day I took it out of the box.

The screen is holding up real nice.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-12-2015 06:25 AM
    I'm a satisfied owner of the Turbo 1, but shiny new things attract me. It would be awesome to have a shatterproof screen, but I haven't broken a screen yet on any of my smartphones. I have the Verizon tempered glass protector on my Turbo 1 and have zero scratches on the screen, even though I keep it in my pocket with my huge set of keys.

I've yet to have a plastic screen protector that didn't show scratches. So, is the outer "lens" on the T2 scratch resistant at all? If it is the usual plastic, is there a tempered glass protector that fits the Turbo 2, and if so, do you need to replace the lens to install it, or does it go over the existing lens? Don't most tempered glass protectors need to adhere to a glass screen underneath to install properly? Let's exclude any possible "warranty" issues in the responses.
    I have the flexible glass screen protector over it and it's awesome... Doesn't interfere at all.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-12-2015 11:41 AM