Qi or PMA Wireless chargers confirmed to work?

mark959022

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I just got the new DT2 coming from the old Droid Maxx and I am not able to get the DT2 to charge on my Incipio Ghost 100 1 amp charger. I only tried using it with the phone case on. I am using one of those naked cases so it's pretty thin. Anyone have recommendations for a good wireless charger for the DT2 that you can confirm works well with a case? Please only make suggestions if you have the DT2 and confirmed that your wireless charger works well and also the ease of the phone placement to start the charge. thanks

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I just got the new DT2 coming from the old Droid Maxx and I am not able to get the DT2 to charge on my Incipio Ghost 100 1 amp charger. I only tried using it with the phone case on. I am using one of those naked cases so it's pretty thin. Anyone have recommendations for a good wireless charger for the DT2 that you can confirm works well with a case? Please only make suggestions if you have the DT2 and confirmed that your wireless charger works well and also the ease of the phone placement to start the charge. thanks

..any reason why you didn't try it with the case off?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

GumboChief

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
One odd thing about about the Nokia Qi charger with the Turbo is there is no way to have the phone off (for faster charging) if it is on the pad. Put a phone which is off on the pad, and it will turn on. Have a phone on the pad and turn it off, and it will immediately boot back up. My Nexus 5 did not behave in this way.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
One odd thing about about the Nokia Qi charger with the Turbo is there is no way to have the phone off (for faster charging) if it is on the pad. Put a phone which is off on the pad, and it will turn on. Have a phone on the pad and turn it off, and it will immediately boot back up. My Nexus 5 did not behave in this way.

Motorola phones have been this way since they supported wireless charging. I suspect the reason is that wireless charging requires some critical processing by the phone, to shut down charge in order to protect the battery when it gets warm. Samsung evidently built in this processing to their bootloader, while Motorola decided to make it in a way that required the OS to provide these services.

mark959022

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I suppose I can try it if someone would like to know but taking the case off is a PITA. I would rather just throw it on the charger and not worry about it till morning. The Droid Maxx phone on the Incipio Ghost had to be positioned perfectly or it would toggle on and off or not charge at all. A few times I woke up to find it didn't charge at all. I will order the TYLT VU tonight and post back if I have any problems with it. Thanks to kmf1 for the suggestion. I have always heard good things about this brand.

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I can second the tylt vu, it works great, even with the Verizon holster shell on the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App