12-07-2015 10:55 PM
391 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    it's not from Google, it's not the same thing. It's some app developer trying to get users & make money.
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-14-2015 06:15 PM
    ^^^ This. The app is bogus, not effective. Good only for turning your money into theirs. Pass on it.
    11-14-2015 07:01 PM
    ^^^ This. The app is bogus, not effective. Good only for turning your money into theirs. Pass on it.
    I thought it was free

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-14-2015 08:24 PM
    I thought it was free

It is, which means they're making money off advertisements and/or data mining. Either way, this is NOT the same as the "doze" features in Marshmallow. It's an unrelated app that supposedly helps with getting more battery life. I don't know anything about the app myself, but it's good to know it's not from Google as one could easily believe from the beginning of this thread. It may or may not be legit (but doesn't sound good from others' comments in this thread.)
    Crashdamage and beeare like this.
    11-14-2015 08:38 PM
    Yep

But... if your screen is off all night, how can you correlate battery drain with the color of the wallpaper?
    11-14-2015 10:44 PM
    You only need 30 mb/s for 4K video, which all Class-10 cards are designed to do. What you want for smartphones, contrary to cameras is a good transfer rate for 512 kb and 4 kb (kilobyte) random write (more important than read). In other words, fast transfer of those tiny files that app constantly write. People post their benchmarks on Amazon for pretty much every card available, so you can check for yourself before you decide. 4 kb random write usually goes from 0 to 3 in performance. You would believe how many high-end cards are sold (I'm talking 70mb/s sequential write and up), that can't even get a 1 in 4 kb random write. Of course the descriptions don't tell you that maybe they're not the best cards for cell phones. I personally splurged on a "SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB UHS-I/U3 Micro SDXC Memory Card Speeds Up To 95MB/s With 4K Ultra HD Ready-SDSDQXP-064G-G46A" because the benchmarks published by customers showed 4kb random write performance above 2.3, which is really excellent.
    This is absolutely great advice and I think you are spot on, especially when M more tightly integrates the SD card into the OS/hardware. Those "short bursts" speeds will be imperative in running apps on the SD card, imo.
    11-14-2015 10:45 PM
    But... if your screen is off all night, how can you correlate battery drain with the color of the wallpaper?
    Good question... Well I started using regular wallpapers and I saw about the same battery life. So much for that... The battery is good!

11-14-2015 11:01 PM
    Good question... Well I started using regular wallpapers and I saw about the same battery life. So much for that... The battery is good!

Right. If the screen is off, you could have a black wall paper or screaming bright white wallpaper and its going to be the same zero battery drain from the screen since it isn't actually on.
    11-14-2015 11:04 PM
    I always change to .5 the moment I get a new phone. I don't do it as a means of improving lag/stutter - the last 3 Droid phones (Droid Maxx, Turbo and now this) never lag - it's just a matter of preference. At .5 it just feels a lot zippier to me. I started doing it after reading an AC article that provided tips for how to improve user experience on Android.
    11-14-2015 11:42 PM
    I always change to .5 the moment I get a new phone. I don't do it as a means of improving lag/stutter - the last 3 Droid phones (Droid Maxx, Turbo and now this) never lag - it's just a matter of preference. At .5 it just feels a lot zippier to me. I started doing it after reading an AC article that provided tips for how to improve user experience on Android.
    It goes so fast it's crazy lol

11-15-2015 12:11 AM
    I put a little of stove glass cleaner on my screen protector and it really helped with finger smudges
    11-15-2015 12:12 AM
    I'm using the gold screen saver
    11-15-2015 12:38 AM
    I have a SanDisk 128 G card in my T2. Some people have been experiencing issues with SD cards, in general, with the T2. Kind of a known issue. Mostly, I believe that my phone is working well with the SD card, but I have issues with the Gallery app doubling all my pictures.
    Ditto on the Gallery app doubling my pics. WTH. I deleted a bunch of the doubles and waiting to see if they come back.
    kmf1 likes this.
    11-15-2015 11:07 AM
    Now can l just transfer pics,music from with in the phone or will I have find a app to do it
    11-15-2015 12:10 PM
    I do. It's a bit slippery. The metal sides of the phone are easier to hang on to. I've heard that the soft touch is slippery too. Not sure about the leather. I got it for durability.
    Confirmed; I have the soft touch and it is indeed slippery too. I was thinking about changing out to the nylon to look for more grip... but I guess not after seeing this thread.
    eallan likes this.
    11-15-2015 12:22 PM
    Black makes the phone look badass... but I don't need an app. Turn the lights off and take a pic; that's my pitch black wallpaper.
    11-15-2015 01:55 PM
    Ahhh, so that's why it's a bad phone. I see. Forget the fact that it works better than some of the phones that made the list, Verizon is evil, so their phones aren't any good.

That's more rubbish, just like the crying about updates.
    The s6 active is a better phone than the s6 . yet it didn't make the list, but the s6 did.

As said before, it is because both are carrier exclusive, and hence have little reach compared to other phones
    11-15-2015 03:32 PM
    Black makes the phone look badass... but I don't need an app. Turn the lights off and take a pic; that's my pitch black wallpaper.
    There a good explanation as to why a pic set as wallpaper is different than a live black wallpaper on Play store
    11-15-2015 09:18 PM
    I put a little of stove glass cleaner on my screen protector and it really helped with finger smudges
    With or without a purchased screen protector?
    11-15-2015 09:26 PM
    I've had my Droid for five days and when I put a screen protector on it today, found three small divots in the glass from wear. Definitely have to keep a screen cover on this.
    11-15-2015 10:59 PM
    Now can l just transfer pics,music from with in the phone or will I have find a app to do it
    When I put the SD card in mine, it asked if I wanted to move media over
    11-16-2015 08:01 AM
    Yes. If you go into the settings of each app there should be an option for where to store the pics or music. There is also an option in Settings/Storage. Scroll down to Move media. Not sure what this does, as I have not tried it. But there are issues with the SD card, as mentioned above. So it's not perfect yet.
    11-16-2015 08:07 AM
    There a good explanation as to why a pic set as wallpaper is different than a live black wallpaper on Play store
    Huh?
    11-16-2015 09:18 AM
    There's an explanation about how a live wallpaper uses RAM vs. A PIC using something other than RAM. Read the reviews on the NULL BLACK. Better explanation than I can do!
    srt8-in-largo likes this.
    11-16-2015 09:22 AM
    Somehow it hasn't changed much.

11-16-2015 02:50 PM
391 ... 910111213 ...