12-07-2015 10:55 PM
391 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Moving apps to the SD card (at least until the Marshmallow update hits) isn't the 'magic fix' it poses. The main app file will always reside in your phone's memory. That's a restriction. You can, however, move external downloads, extra files (like gamesaves, movies, misc. data, etc.) but it's still up to each app dev to decide just how much of the app can be moved to the SD card, if at all. So while you might have a game that's 1GB in size, if the dev deemed 0.9GB as 'critical files', you won't be able to move much of it to the external storage.

This should work a little different in Marshmallow, and of course, you can always root/hack your current phone to trick the device into thinking the SD Card is actually part of the internal memory (sort of what Marshmallow will do, but without the hackery).
    Laura Knotek and Turbo II like this.
    11-16-2015 02:56 PM
    Right now - not much, but it depends on how the developer sets up their app.

Once you get Marshmallow, it will let you make the SD card part of the internal storage and so then it'll just be like you have one giant block of storage - that'll help.
    Laura Knotek and tsparks1 like this.
    11-16-2015 02:58 PM
    Right now - not much, but it depends on how the developer sets up their app.

Once you get Marshmallow, it will let you make the SD card part of the internal storage and so then it'll just be like you have one giant block of storage - that'll help.
    Wow folks makes me drool over Marshmallow even more lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-16-2015 03:24 PM
    It's pretty cool but doesn't always respond

paxham likes this.
    11-16-2015 04:10 PM
    Just unboxing mine. First though to hold it is 1) bigger than I had thought (coming from tiny Moto X '13) and 2) slippery

I will not case this phone. Anything to make it bigger = bad.

Follow up question: is there supposed to be a tiny hole right about the camera and another one just below the second D in "Droid" (speaking of back cover still). They appear purposeful.
    11-16-2015 04:11 PM
    Never mind - I just remembered the lower one is the rear microphone. What is the upper 'hole'?
    11-16-2015 04:12 PM
    Just unboxing mine. First though to hold it is 1) bigger than I had thought (coming from tiny Moto X '13) and 2) slippery

I will not case this phone. Anything to make it bigger = bad.

Follow up question: is there supposed to be a tiny hole right about the camera and another one just below the second D in "Droid" (speaking of back cover still). They appear purposeful.
    The UAG case is awesome... Remember it can scratch

11-16-2015 04:14 PM
    I've had it activated since my first Turbo. I don't use it much, but when I do, it works well.
    11-16-2015 04:18 PM
    It's not without caveats, however. This is an interesting read, and highlights some of those.
    Inside Marshmallow: Adoptable storage | Android Central
    Aquila, Laura Knotek and Mustachio like this.
    11-16-2015 05:08 PM
    Aren't there metal sides on all 3 different categories of backs? I miss the soft touch sides of previous droids as well.
    11-16-2015 06:34 PM
    For an unbreakable screen it sure does scratch easily.
    11-16-2015 06:37 PM
    Aren't there metal sides on all 3 different categories of backs? I miss the soft touch sides of previous droids as well.
    Yes but if dropped it can chip.

11-16-2015 06:41 PM
    It helps if you have maxed your phone's internal storage space. However, reading SD cards in general are slower than reading internal memory, and reading a large, almost full SD card will make your phone sluggish. Cloud storage for whatever you can IMO.
    11-16-2015 06:41 PM
    It helps if you have maxed your phone's internal storage space. However, reading SD cards in general are slower than reading internal memory, and reading a large, almost full SD card will make your phone sluggish. Cloud storage for whatever you can IMO.
    Do SD cards help speed up the phone?

11-16-2015 06:42 PM
    Yes but if dropped it can chip.

Agreed. However there is no option or way to have soft touch paint on the sides of the phone like the OG Turbo, correct?
    11-16-2015 06:43 PM

No. However, app disabling does. http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...ml#post4827576
    11-16-2015 06:46 PM
    Yeah. It has a mind of its own. Had to disable it.
    paxham likes this.
    11-16-2015 06:46 PM
    Agreed. However there is no option or way to have soft touch paint on the sides of the phone like the OG Turbo, correct?
    Not sure

11-16-2015 06:53 PM

Quite the reverse. SD cards are generally slower than internal storage and so having to read/write that area can slow down the functioning of the device. Generally that slowdown should be very minimal and perhaps even unnoticeable with the fastest SD cards.
    dmark44 and SpookDroid like this.
    11-16-2015 07:09 PM
    Quite the reverse. SD cards are generally slower than internal storage and so having to read/write that area can slow down the functioning of the device. Generally that slowdown should be very minimal and perhaps even unnoticeable with the fastest SD cards.
    Thanks I have a pny 90ms card.. Pretty fast I have seen that putting the windows animation scale to. 5 makes the phone extremely fast.

11-16-2015 07:25 PM
    Hi folks. I has a Dt2 on one line... Not the one I have now... I returned that phone because it was defective... The headphone jack wouldn't register both sides. I canceled that line (long story)... The point is this dt2 is perfect and they wanted to charge me the restocking fee for the other one. I argued with them that with the unit being defective why should I pay it? They finally agreed.

Aquila and dmark44 like this.
    11-16-2015 07:30 PM
    Are those micro SD cards from the AC article considered some of the fastest? Im thinking about buying a 64 gb one

11-16-2015 07:34 PM
    Returning for a defect should never have that fee, lol. Glad they listened to reason. When people return devices, sometimes multiple times, because they don't like the color or want to try something else, yes... restocking fee the heck out of them. But when it's because of something where the device legitimately isn't right, that should be replaced.
    11-16-2015 07:37 PM
    No question that there should not have been a restocking fee. Not for defective products. Good that you persisted.
    11-16-2015 07:38 PM
    Are those micro SD cards from the AC article considered some of the fastest? Im thinking about buying a 64 gb one

That's the one I got hurry the special is just for today

11-16-2015 07:51 PM
391 ... 1011121314 ...