12-07-2015 09:55 PM
391 ... 1213141516
tools
    I have been testing it, and I love how it switches to driving mode and how well if works for incoming texts and calls, where you may not be able to tweek the screens as much as other UI or launcher s I am happy with this stock setup.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-18-2015 05:08 AM
    I never pay for icon packs, but I really like this one
    11-18-2015 05:33 AM
    Its great for quick answers, asking the forecast, math questions, and things like that.

I know when i first set it up i held the phone out like the directions show, and i tried to speak up to record the voice. When i spoke in a normal voice while setting it up it seemed to work a lot better.

One thing i have noticed on the turbo2 i forgot to mention was that with my current phrase "ok turbo 2" i get a lot fewer accidental triggers.. Maybe 2 since i got the phone on release day.

Moto Droid Turbo 2
    11-18-2015 06:22 AM
    Its great for quick answers, asking the forecast, math questions, and things like that.
    It's great when you are driving to call somebody, send a text, or open an app, or even to start navigating somewhere with Google Maps. I do wish it was as powerful as Siri on the iPhone and could toggle Bluetooth, wifi, etc.
    perkdog65 likes this.
    11-18-2015 06:48 AM

I know when i first set it up i held the phone out like the directions show, and i tried to speak up to record the voice. When i spoke in a normal voice while setting it up it seemed to work a lot better.

One thing i have noticed on the turbo2 i forgot to mention was that with my current phrase "ok turbo 2" i get a lot fewer accidental triggers.. Maybe 2 since i got the phone on release day.

Moto Droid Turbo 2
    I think the accidental triggers have to do with white noise in the background while you create your launch phrase. I had this issue on my Droid Maxx and then decided to do it again, and after that, I maybe had 1 accidental trigger the whole time I had the phone. I haven't had a single one on my Turbo 2.
    11-18-2015 09:31 AM
    It's great when you are driving to call somebody, send a text, or open an app, or even to start navigating somewhere with Google Maps. I do wish it was as powerful as Siri on the iPhone and could toggle Bluetooth, wifi, etc.
    It often opens up Google Now to handle certain tasks. I would make the argument that Google Now is more powerful than Siri. But that's a whole other debate.
    11-18-2015 09:32 AM
    FYI Moto Voice is no longer unique. I'm using a Nexus 5x as my personal phone, and always on voice is now a thing there too. lol

Copycats :P
    11-18-2015 10:42 AM
    FYI Moto Voice is no longer unique. I'm using a Nexus 5x as my personal phone, and always on voice is now a thing there too. lol

Copycats :P
    Im am glad to see it going to other phones too. I figured it would since it was basically a feature while Google owned Motorola.

I really only use two brands of phones, the moto droids and the samsung notes. Leave it to my phone addiction to "have to have" the two higher priced androids on the market lol.

11-18-2015 12:33 PM
    Hi folks I've been using Blue Mail but was wondering what y'all use?

11-18-2015 01:20 PM
    I use K9 thanks to a recommendation from another AC member. A lot of people use gmail. Depends on what you like!
    11-18-2015 01:50 PM
    I use Type (formerly Blue Mail) as well - fits my needs perfectly
    11-18-2015 01:51 PM
    I use Type (formerly Blue Mail) as well - fits my needs perfectly
    I just found Alto Mail

11-18-2015 02:01 PM
    I use the stock email for my work account, and then the gmail and yahoo for those accounts. I dont combine them because i like keeping the work one seperate since i cant delete emails on it.

11-18-2015 02:41 PM
    Google's In Box or the GMail app. If I really have to use something else, I'll use K9 Mail. But I don't ever have to use anything else.

I automatically forward all of my email to my Gmail account and have my gmail set to reply using the address the mail was sent to, so I only need the In Box app (and sometimes the Gmail app), plus I have filters in Gmail to automatically apply a label with the name of the account the mail was sent to, so it's always organized. About once a week I go into the other accounts natively (on a computer, not the phone) and clean them up (mostly just delete all of the messages.)
    11-18-2015 02:50 PM
    Google's In Box or the GMail app. If I really have to use something else, I'll use K9 Mail. But I don't ever have to use anything else.

I automatically forward all of my email to my Gmail account and have my gmail set to reply using the address the mail was sent to, so I only need the Gmail app, plus I have filters in Gmail to automatically apply a label with the name of the account the mail was sent to, so it's always organized. About once a week I go into the other accounts natively and clean them up (mostly just delete all of the messages.)
    Inbox is awesome I'm checking it out

11-18-2015 03:04 PM
    Hi folks I noticed that once I take a pic it first is out of focus then adjusts. Is that your experience?

11-18-2015 06:05 PM
    I used K9 until I got a Gmail account. Now it's the Gmail app.
    11-18-2015 06:52 PM
    For me AquaMail is by far the best general-purpose email client and it's not even close. Not only a terrific email app, AquaMail is IMHO one of the best apps of any kind on Android.

Those using BlueMail, TypeMail, Alto and some others might want to take a look at this:

http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/7051405
    bogeyjoker likes this.
    11-18-2015 07:12 PM
    For me AquaMail is by far the best general-purpose email client and it's not even close. Not only a terrific email app, AquaMail is IMHO one of the best apps of any kind on Android.

Those using BlueMail, TypeMail, Alto and some others might want to take a look at this:

http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/7051405
    I actually bought the pro key awhile back... thanks for reminding me about that

Crashdamage likes this.
    11-18-2015 07:36 PM
    I believe it is displaying the photo at low resolution to make sure it displays instantly, then it refreshes the image at its full resolution.
    11-18-2015 08:24 PM
    I believe it is displaying the photo at low resolution to make sure it displays instantly, then it refreshes the image at its full resolution.
    Ahh ok thanks

11-18-2015 08:40 PM
    If you are using MS Exchange, Office 365, or another enterprise email solution, then the "Nine" email app is the way to go. I have auditioned nearly every app on the market, and this has the best features, performance, and support.
    11-19-2015 09:56 AM
    If you are using MS Exchange, Office 365, or another enterprise email solution, then the "Nine" email app is the way to go. I have auditioned nearly every app on the market, and this has the best features, performance, and support.
    If you need ActiveSync support for Exchange then I agree Nine is an excellent choice. But if access via EWS or IMAP will do, then AquaMail is a killer. It has just about everything anyone could want except ActiveSync.
    11-19-2015 10:24 AM
    Stock for regular and Inbox for gmail.

11-19-2015 05:50 PM
    Is there no pinch and zoom with the stock app? I find it annoying having to scroll left and right to see my emails.

I haven't tried some of the other recommendations, but plan to.

11-20-2015 07:59 AM
391 ... 1213141516