12-07-2015 10:55 PM
391 ... 13141516
tools
    I've used K9 since my 1st generation Droid years ago.. Haven't looked back since.
    11-20-2015 12:31 PM
    Mine tends to wake up a lot to TV, music, conversation or seemingly no reason at all. I have to shut it off 5 or 10 times a day. When it works, it works pretty good. I'm still learning the best way to use it.
    11-20-2015 02:00 PM
    I have been using K9 for a verrrrry long time and have always loved the generous customizing it gives, but it seems like lately if I read an email on my phone, then it doesn't go to all my other computers that I use MS Outlook on, and I do have all of them set up to "Leave a copy on the server" very annoying and I too am looking for something new due to that. What ashame as I really like K9.
    11-20-2015 02:48 PM
    Mine tends to wake up a lot to TV, music, conversation or seemingly no reason at all. I have to shut it off 5 or 10 times a day. When it works, it works pretty good. I'm still learning the best way to use it.
    Try re-training it in a quiet room, or use a longer phrase (say, 5 syllables.)
    11-20-2015 04:16 PM
    Hi folks the phone seems to get slower in loading pages and apps and sometimes locks up. Is it defective?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-20-2015 05:46 PM
    Is it a new or an older phone?

Try clearing the cache partition (accessing this menu will depend on what phone you have).
    11-20-2015 05:57 PM
    Is it a new or an older phone?

Try clearing the cache partition (accessing this menu will depend on what phone you have).
    It's new it's the Turbo2

11-20-2015 06:59 PM
    I tried Aqua, and loved it until I noticed it was not push email on exchange/office 365. My battery was using 25% just for the app and fetching emails every 15 minutes. Certainly not suitable for the corporate world.

I'm trying Type right now, and it seems really good so far and push email.

Are there any email apps with calibri font? The standard Microsoft Outlook default.
    11-20-2015 08:15 PM
    I tried Aqua, and loved it until I noticed it was not push email on exchange/office 365. My battery was using 25% just for the app and fetching emails every 15 minutes. Certainly not suitable for the corporate world.

I'm trying Type right now, and it seems really good so far and push email.

Are there any email apps with calibri font? The standard Microsoft Outlook default.
    The AquaMail guy knows not having ActiveSync support is the one thing it's missing. Doing some testing, not decided how it will be resolved. AquaMail supports IMAP Push, but Microsoft does not.

If you use TypeMail you should be aware that it has serious security concerns, which makes it very questionable for corporate or private use. AquaMail is extremely secure, a strong point. Please, read the link in post #9.
    11-20-2015 08:55 PM
    I have been using K9 for a verrrrry long time and have always loved the generous customizing it gives, but it seems like lately if I read an email on my phone, then it doesn't go to all my other computers that I use MS Outlook on, and I do have all of them set up to "Leave a copy on the server" very annoying and I too am looking for something new due to that. What ashame as I really like K9.
    Sounds like you have POP3 email service. If you can just switch to IMAP. It will solve your problem and offer other nice benefits.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-20-2015 09:06 PM
    In my first 24hrs with my new DT2, I've noticed some performance lags/pauses that have surprised me, too, and it spontaneously rebooted once, just after I quickly put it on wireless charger than removed it. So far, I'm not noticing it feeling much snappier than my 2013 Droid Maxx, but will give it some time.

Today, Verizon Cloud app started repeatedly popping up over everything for no apparent reason (i.e. I hadn't run it), even after I closed it. Very irritating since it was while I was driving and using Google Maps navigation. I wound up disabling it in App Info just so I could focus, will investigate more later. Very virus like behavior, plus it hasn't properly restored my SMS and call history, keeps failing that with no explanation.
    11-20-2015 09:25 PM
    In my first 24hrs with my new DT2, I've noticed some performance lags/pauses that have surprised me, too, and it spontaneously rebooted once, just after I quickly put it on wireless charger than removed it. So far, I'm not noticing it feeling much snappier than my 2013 Droid Maxx, but will give it some time.

Today, Verizon Cloud app started repeatedly popping up over everything for no apparent reason (i.e. I hadn't run it), even after I closed it. Very irritating since it was while I was driving and using Google Maps navigation. I wound up disabling it in App Info just so I could focus, will investigate more later. Very virus like behavior, plus it hasn't properly restored my SMS and call history, keeps failing that with no explanation.
    Sounds tweaky and I don't know what other phone to get.

11-20-2015 10:01 PM
    Have you checked to see what's running that may be causing the problem. I have had zero issues with mine. Maybe try wiping the cache partition to see if that helps. I tend to do that after a system update or when a bunch of apps update.

11-20-2015 10:19 PM
    Have you checked to see what's running that may be causing the problem. I have had zero issues with mine. Maybe try wiping the cache partition to see if that helps. I tend to do that after a system update or when a bunch of apps update.

How do I do that?

11-20-2015 10:23 PM
    The AquaMail guy knows not having ActiveSync support is the one thing it's missing. Doing some testing, not decided how it will be resolved. AquaMail supports IMAP Push, but Microsoft does not.

If you use TypeMail you should be aware that it has serious security concerns, which makes it very questionable for corporate or private use. AquaMail is extremely secure, a strong point. Please, read the link in post #9.
    Thanks for the advice. Just installed Nine. I think it might the best of all!
    11-20-2015 10:53 PM
    I do not even have the slightest bit of lag or stuttering at all on this phone.
    11-21-2015 02:37 AM
    Should I worry about a slight fray in the nylon?
    11-21-2015 10:22 AM
    Should I worry about a slight fray in the nylon?
    That's the speaker hole.. Is it one little dot?

11-21-2015 10:34 AM
    It is under the d bottom right.
    11-21-2015 10:49 AM
    It is under the d bottom right.
    Yep I have that too.. In fact my case has a hole cut out for it lol

11-21-2015 11:01 AM
    thanks I learn something new each day!
    11-21-2015 11:12 AM
    thanks I learn something new each day!
    No worries... I was annoyed at first then when I put the case on its like.... Ok..... Lol

11-21-2015 11:17 AM
    Found out that apps will not work right...

11-21-2015 08:51 PM
    The SD card is mostly for media storage, but I believe that Marshmallow has some built-in features for apps and SD cards. So moving apps in Marshmallow may be a better situation.
    11-21-2015 08:58 PM
    The SD card is mostly for media storage, but I believe that Marshmallow has some built-in features for apps and SD cards. So moving apps in Marshmallow may be a better situation.
    Yes I heard that too

11-21-2015 09:00 PM
391 ... 13141516