12-07-2015 10:55 PM
391 ... 141516
tools
    Will Marshmallow be available to the Turbo2?
    11-21-2015 09:17 PM
    Will Marshmallow be available to the Turbo2?
    It's been promised, and it would be a shocker if this phone doesn't get it.
    11-21-2015 10:01 PM
    What specifically isn't working? I have a Dell Venue 8 running 5.1 and the apps that transfer have no problem functioning, or on a S5 I caretake for.
    11-22-2015 02:55 AM
    If you are using MS Exchange, Office 365, or another enterprise email solution, then the "Nine" email app is the way to go. I have auditioned nearly every app on the market, and this has the best features, performance, and support.
    I have to agree. After setting up my personal GMail account, I tried my corporate account in the native email app -- and was underwhelmed. Tried a few others, including Type Mail, and landed on Nine and was extremely impressed. Quick, easy, secure, full featured -- and I love the way it handles mail threads. Only been a few days, but it appears excellent so far.

- Jon
    beeare likes this.
    11-22-2015 02:36 PM
    Nine has been my favorite for over a year. Great function and updates.
    beeare likes this.
    11-23-2015 05:03 PM
    ...also watching battery consumption. Nine seems to be very battery efficient. I get a fairly enormous amount of work email -- over 21,000 via Exchange over the past year, and the daily rate is consistent with that -- and battery usage is quite low with Nine. Really seems to be a well engineered application as well as having excellent design and functionality.
    11-23-2015 05:25 PM
    So Dave have you put anything on that card like pics & music with know problems?
    I have transferred every single app possible to my SD card (every app which Lollipop allows to be transferred) + about 10 GB of music. No lag whatsoever. In fact, I used to have a Galaxy S4 (2013-2015) with a slower SD card and had transferred everything under KitKat, then Lollipop and couldn't see any difference then compared to launching and using apps located in the internal storage of the phone. Like I wrote in an earlier post, there’s a lot of hype around SD cards and specs. It’s all marketing when it comes to phones. What matters are your random 512kb and 4kb benchmarks (the tiny files). Most 633x, 1000x hyper speed stuff doesn’t make a difference in phones, since phones can’t make use of such firepower, unlike expensive DSLR cameras. All you need is a constant 30mb/s rate for your 4K video on your phone, which all class 10 cards are designed to do. Customers on Amazon post benchmarks for most cards. Most super-fast, high-capacity cards (above 64 GB) have terrible random 4kb and 512kb speeds. You have to look around and compare.
    11-24-2015 10:01 PM
    Nine has been my favorite for over a year. Great function and updates.
    Nine is amazing! In only a few minutes with it I can already tell it blows away the default app, as well as the rest of the competition.

Thanks to all who recommended it!
    11-24-2015 11:14 PM
    Does Nine have a way to display badges? Like how many emails I have unread, similar to the native email app?
    11-25-2015 06:32 PM
    Does Nine have a way to display badges? Like how many emails I have unread, similar to the native email app?
    That's actually one feature I have NOT seen with Nine. Might be a way, but I haven't seen it. Not a killer for me, as my Exchange inbox becomes an enormous archive -- over 21,000 sitting in there from the past 18 months with one client. Search is pretty much instant so it's quite convenient. But -- there are hundreds (or more) that would show up in the the badge, as I often flip email to unread to make it visible / stand out for follow up. Last time I tried using unread badges the number that would always show made the idea pretty much useless for me. However I DO understand the value, and that many would appreciate it. I haven't seen this with Nine -- would be curious to learn about it if it exists.

- Jon
    11-25-2015 07:03 PM
    That's actually one feature I have NOT seen with Nine. Might be a way, but I haven't seen it. Not a killer for me, as my Exchange inbox becomes an enormous archive -- over 21,000 sitting in there from the past 18 months with one client. Search is pretty much instant so it's quite convenient. But -- there are hundreds (or more) that would show up in the the badge, as I often flip email to unread to make it visible / stand out for follow up. Last time I tried using unread badges the number that would always show made the idea pretty much useless for me. However I DO understand the value, and that many would appreciate it. I haven't seen this with Nine -- would be curious to learn about it if it exists.

- Jon
    I'm actually pretty much in the same boat as you. I used to try to zero out my inbox at the end of each day so the badge would actually serve to inform me of how many unread messages I had. However, these days there's just no way to keep up, so I find myself operating what sounds like very similar to you - often flipping back and forth between the unread filter and the normal chronological view. I also often mark emails as unread now a days to flag them if they require some sort of secondary action or follow up, which makes the badges even less useful, especially if I'm not bringing the rest of my emails down to zero each day like I used to. If it had the feature available, I'd likely turn it on, but functionally it really doesn't make a difference. I'm so happy I found this app. I've been looking for a solid replacement for my corporate email for years. I binged through a bunch in the past and wasn't satisfied for a variety of reasons, but the moment I began navigating Nine I could see how well developed it was.
    11-25-2015 09:20 PM
    I use Cloud Magic.
    11-26-2015 04:24 AM
    Nine will show unread badges if you use the Nova launcher and Tesla Unread app.
    11-26-2015 08:20 AM
    Nine will show unread badges if you use the Nova launcher and Tesla Unread app.
    You have to be on Nova to use the Tesla unread app?
    11-26-2015 01:13 PM
    11-29-2015 01:30 PM
    I use Cloud Magic.
    Doesn't Cloud Magic copy your email to their servers first? I apologize if I am wrong, but I thought that is what I remembered about it.

Nine is fantastic.
    12-07-2015 10:55 PM
391 ... 141516