Robin's Motorola DROID Turbo 2 Thread

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
NEXUS 6? Hi folks I know the Nexus is the big brother of the Moto X but is it worth getting the PE and selling my Nexus?

Posted via the Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is it worth switching from...

Yes imo. I love the nexus devices, but Moto offer pure nexus along with some awesome moto features.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I don't have a Nexus 6, but I know people who do. For me, the Nexus 6 was a bit too wide. I really like the size of the Moto X Pure Edition since it is narrower than the Nexus 6, despite having the same screen size.

I also like LCD on the Moto X Pure Edition, rather than AMOLED on the Nexus 6. LCD is easier to see outside in sunlight, and it does not suffer from burn-in like AMOLED.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

I don't have a Nexus 6, but I know people who do. For me, the Nexus 6 was a bit too wide. I really like the size of the Moto X Pure Edition since it is narrower than the Nexus 6, despite having the same screen size.

I also like LCD on the Moto X Pure Edition, rather than AMOLED on the Nexus 6. LCD is easier to see outside in sunlight, and it does not suffer from burn-in like AMOLED.
The pure is 5.7 inch screen, the nexus 6 is 6 inches

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

NEXUS 6? Hi folks I know the Nexus is the big brother of the Moto X but is it worth getting the PE and selling my Nexus?

If you like the size of the nexus then no. Other that a very slightly improved camera that you'll hardly notice, you'll be going backwards.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I owned both and would consider the mxpe an upgrade to the nexus 6. However if the nexus 6 isnt too wide for you then the mxpe isnt *that much* of an upgrade. If they both had the same footprint I would buy a new nexus 6 for 289 and call it a day.

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

If you like the size of the nexus then no. Other that a very slightly improved camera that you'll hardly notice, you'll be going backwards.

"Going backwards"??? I really don't think so..."slightly improved camera"??? Much better camera, sure, no OIS, but much better detail, (13MP vs. 21MP) front camera is 100x better, (2MP vs. 5MP) and has flash, try that with your Nexus 6...let's see what else? Oh yeah, there's a faster and newer processor, screen is way better, higher ppi, no burn in, much more accurate colors, brightest screen out so far, and awesome in sunlight...let's see, thousands of color combinations, wood backs, leather backs, frame colors, accent colors...Nexus 6, white and dark blue...YAY!!! Not to mention, the MXPE feels awesome in hand, very comfortable, tiny bezels make the phone much smaller than it is...feels like a phone. Nexus 6, Huge, square, uncomfortable...did I mention HUGE??? Feels and looks like a tablet on your ear... Next...oh yeah, turbo charging...I can charge my phone in under an hour, and get 75% charge in about 15 min...Can your Nexus 6 do that??? Didn't think so...Hey try this...take a 256GB sd card and stick it in your phone and have a 320GB phone...oh wait, you can't do that either...SO sorry.
Nexus 6 stock android = Great! MXPE stock android plus Moto Actions, Moto Assist, Moto Display and Moto Voice = AWESOME!!! No comparison...you know what they say, "Once you go black, you never go back"...well then the MXPE is one well hung black man...So what's left...battery life? Maybe, just maybe a slight edge to the Nexus 6, but with the turbo charger, no contest...Speakers? Both have the same, dual front facing stereo setup, that are extremely loud and clear and awesome, so that's a "tie"...Both can be used on any carrier, radios same, Bluetooth same, ram same, everything else the same...
Sooooo...."How Does it feel going "backwards"???" Enjoy your Nexus 6...

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
"Going backwards"??? I really don't think so..."slightly improved camera"??? Much better camera, sure, no OIS, but much better detail, (13MP vs. 21MP) front camera is 100x better, (2MP vs. 5MP) and has flash, try that with your Nexus 6...let's see what else? Oh yeah, there's a faster and newer processor, screen is way better, higher ppi, no burn in, much more accurate colors, brightest screen out so far, and awesome in sunlight...let's see, thousands of color combinations, wood backs, leather backs, frame colors, accent colors...Nexus 6, white and dark blue...YAY!!! Not to mention, the MXPE feels awesome in hand, very comfortable, tiny bezels make the phone much smaller than it is...feels like a phone. Nexus 6, Huge, square, uncomfortable...did I mention HUGE??? Feels and looks like a tablet on your ear... Next...oh yeah, turbo charging...I can charge my phone in under an hour, and get 75% charge in about 15 min...Can your Nexus 6 do that??? Didn't think so...Hey try this...take a 256GB sd card and stick it in your phone and have a 320GB phone...oh wait, you can't do that either...SO sorry.
Nexus 6 stock android = Great! MXPE stock android plus Moto Actions, Moto Assist, Moto Display and Moto Voice = AWESOME!!! No comparison...you know what they say, "Once you go black, you never go back"...well then the MXPE is one well hung black man...So what's left...battery life? Maybe, just maybe a slight edge to the Nexus 6, but with the turbo charger, no contest...Speakers? Both have the same, dual front facing stereo setup, that are extremely loud and clear and awesome, so that's a "tie"...Both can be used on any carrier, radios same, Bluetooth same, ram same, everything else the same...
Sooooo...."How Does it feel going "backwards"???" Enjoy your Nexus 6...

Relax. I use the MPXE as my DD right now due to the size. I have a lot of other phones as a developer. The pictures on the N6 look nearly identical to the Pure. The Pure has a major problem right now with the lack of security updates. For every feature the Pure has over the N6 the N6 has something over the Pure. I happen to think the N6 features are superior esp security updates. However the size gets me. So I'm using the Pure.

The N6 was so big it never got me away from my M7 as a DD. But if you like the size of the N6 its a different story.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Relax. I use the MPXE as my DD right now due to the size. I have a lot of other phones as a developer. The pictures on the N6 look nearly identical to the Pure. The Pure has a major problem right now with the lack of security updates. For every feature the Pure has over the N6 the N6 has something over the Pure. I happen to think the N6 features are superior esp security updates. However the size gets me. So I'm using the Pure.

The N6 was so big it never got me away from my M7 as a DD. But if you like the size of the N6 its a different story.

Major problem? Come on. Unless you work for the NSA or exclusively download your apps from shady third party market places you're fine to wait a few more weeks for a serious security patch to get fixed...

If security was that big of a deal to you you wouldn't be choosing your phone based on how it feels in your hand.

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

Quite an unfortunate choice isn't it?

6p is in the mail.

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

For every feature the Pure has over the N6 the N6 has something over the Pure. I happen to think the N6 features are superior esp security updates.

What does the N6 have "over" the pure? (Nothing) Name 1 N6 feature that is "superior" to the pure??? (None) Go ahead, name one...bet ya can't. Besides your "security" update issue, which is irrelevant, the N6 may get it a little sooner, but the MXPE will get them...as well as all updates.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Are you using a screen protector?

Other threads on this, but yes, it is recommended. I'm using the Verizon flexible glass screen protector.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Hopefully Marshmallow will show up

It took the turbo 1, released 10/30/14, until summer '15 to get Lollipop. Hopefully, our T2s won't have to wait nearly that long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance