Robin's Motorola DROID Turbo 2 Thread

lou61166#CB

Banned
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Hopefully Marshmallow will show up

After getting 2 updates on my LG G2 that slowly killed the phone I can wait for updates as the phone works great as it is

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Are you using a screen protector?

Going without. It would be kind of redundant to put a screen protector on a replaceable screen protector.

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Going without. It would be kind of redundant to put a screen protector on a replaceable screen protector.

The only thing is that replaceable screen protector costs $30 to replace, and you can get a few protectors for it for less than that so you don't have to shell out that much money.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
How to disable Verizon Bloatware

Hi folks... I don't have my phone yet but I'm planning to disable what I can already. Have you done that?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Yes I am using the factory installed screen protector.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Can the power button be pressed easily?

The power button can be accidentally pressed easily. How is it on the DT2?

Moto0685

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: One thing I hated with Nexus 6....does DT2...

No issues with that so far with T2 though I have it in a ottebox commuter case

stew72

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site

I'm using the one from Verizon, it's a bit of a lint magnet. Or I just have pockets with lots of lint.

stew72

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site

I'm using the one from Verizon and it's a bit of a lint magnet. Or I just have pockets with lots of lint.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to disable Verizon Bloatware

To disable apps, go to Settings > Apps, then click on the apps you don't want. If they can be uninstalled, it should give the option there, otherwise it'll give a disable button. There are a few core apps that may mess with how other apps function, but you should be able to just re-enable them if you run into problems. On my Droid Maxx, there is a Motorola-made Calendar app, and a "calendar storage" app that appears to go with it. I prefer the Google Calendar app. If I disable the "calendar storage" app, Google Calendar doesn't function properly, but the other Calendar app can be disabled. You can also clear app data after disabling to save a little more space (this doesn't remove the app's core files, but any saved data related to the disabled app).

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to disable Verizon Bloatware

To disable apps, go to Settings > Apps, then click on the apps you don't want. If they can be uninstalled, it should give the option there, otherwise it'll give a disable button. There are a few core apps that may mess with how other apps function, but you should be able to just re-enable them if you run into problems. On my Droid Maxx, there is a Motorola-made Calendar app, and a "calendar storage" app that appears to go with it. I prefer the Google Calendar app. If I disable the "calendar storage" app, Google Calendar doesn't function properly, but the other Calendar app can be disabled. You can also clear app data after disabling to save a little more space (this doesn't remove the app's core files, but any saved data related to the disabled app).

Thanks

peoriapoit

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Anybody coming over to DT2 from Nexus 6

I am. I had the nexus five and then six on t mobile. I just got my droid turbo 2 on Verizon today. I'm pretty excited.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anybody coming over to DT2 from Nexus 6

I am. I had the nexus five and then six on t mobile. I just got my droid turbo 2 on Verizon today. I'm pretty excited.

Me too. The Nexus 6 is nice but the call quality sometimes lacks not to mention the camera.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar