Robin's Motorola DROID Turbo 2 Thread

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can the power button be pressed easily?

To me the buttons were too easy to push. I put a tech 21 case on it because besides being a slim case it makes the buttons harder to accidentally press.

Moto Droid Turbo 2

tmletourneau

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Are you using a screen protector?

Instead of the factory protector or on top of it?
On top of it, it doesn't really impact anything negatively and should offer somewhat better scratch protection being glass. It will also cost less to replace than the factory top lens if necessary.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Why not remove the plastic one and use the glass one?

As has been reported in another thread, Motorola has said that using the phone with the stock outer layer removed will remove warranty protection for the display. They're fine with another protector over the stock so long as the stock remains in place.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

Yes, but I am concerned with clarity and responsiveness with 6 layers. I am not concerned with the warranty.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Well, the touch layer is a double layer. There are two distinct touch layers in case one of them breaks/fails.

cosmicgirltracie

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site

yes I am using a BEYOND CELL TRI-MAX TRANSPARENT CLEAR CASE SCREEN GUARD PROTECTOR TPU SLIM COVER FOR VERIZON MOTOROLA DROID TURBO 2 PHONE which I got on Amazon. Happy with it so far. It is a case and screen protector all in one.

jdsbmw

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is it worth switching from...

I've owned the Nexus 6. It is TOO TALL and definitely FAR TOO WIDE. The phone is a BEAST. I hated owning it for the two months that I used it. Size DOES matter. Unless you have gorilla hands, AVOID THE NEXUS 6 AT ANY PRICE! The MXPE slays the Nexus 6 in EVERY way. PERIOD.

sava700

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site

Ok I've managed to put a nice slice into my screen which at first I was like it chipped it but then looking at it, it is in fact a slice in the cover. I got on chat with Verizon earlier and complained and they said they would replace the phone just to return it. Would they just replace the cover to it vs replacing the whole phone instead or what should I do here. After whatever is done what do I need to do to prevent this in the future since it feels that outer layer is very easy to scratch or slice up.

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
How about being more careful with your phone. Yes, it does seem that fine scratches can happen easier than with gorilla glass, but if there is a slice in the plastic I doubt glass would have held up either. The honest thing to do since you damaged your device is to order the $30 replacement top lens and replace it. There is also a program where Motorola will do it for you for $60.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail_direct/a_id/108727

Posted via the Android Central App

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is it worth switching from a Nexus 6?

The N6 is what drew me into the Moto X Pure

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: What is your favorite launcher

I use the Google now launcher and really like it. It's simple and effective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair