Robin's Motorola DROID Turbo 2 Thread

DaveTraveler

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: This is an awesome phone!

Glad you like it!

I got mine in release day, and my only complaint is after a couple of weeks, im not too impressed with the battery. It gets me through a long day but seems to be on par with my note5 which has a much smaller battery.

All i ask is that i get through a long day, and it does that, i just figured it would be a bit better.

I do love the speaker quality is much better than last year.

Moto Droid Turbo 2

I agree. I had the Note 5 for a month and the Turbo 2 seems to fare a little better so far, but not as well as the specs on paper would suggest. Still, considering the competition, it is way ahead. I never dreamed I could go from 6 am to midnight on a single charge with moderate use until I got the Turbo 2.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anybody have ballistic nylon backing?

I do. It's a bit slippery. The metal sides of the phone are easier to hang on to. I've heard that the soft touch is slippery too. Not sure about the leather. I got it for durability.

+1. And I thought everyone who said the phone was slippery was exaggerating. Nope! Actually, I don't think the metal sides help either.

DaveTraveler

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: SD card

You only need 30 mb/s for 4K video, which all Class-10 cards are designed to do. What you want for smartphones, contrary to cameras is a good transfer rate for 512 kb and 4 kb (kilobyte) random write (more important than read). In other words, fast transfer of those tiny files that app constantly write. People post their benchmarks on Amazon for pretty much every card available, so you can check for yourself before you decide. 4 kb random write usually goes from 0 to 3 in performance. You would believe how many high-end cards are sold (I'm talking 70mb/s sequential write and up), that can't even get a 1 in 4 kb random write. Of course the descriptions don't tell you that maybe they're not the best cards for cell phones. I personally splurged on a "SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB UHS-I/U3 Micro SDXC Memory Card Speeds Up To 95MB/s With 4K Ultra HD Ready-SDSDQXP-064G-G46A" because the benchmarks published by customers showed 4kb random write performance above 2.3, which is really excellent.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anybody have ballistic nylon backing?

+1. And I thought everyone who said the phone was slippery was exaggerating. Nope! Actually, I don't think the metal sides help either.

Thank God it's shatterproof (grin)
I always use a case regardless.

Posted via the Android Central App

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Plugged in headphones and one side just worked

First make sure you pushed the jack all the way in....I know that seems like a silly thing to say. If that isn't the case, I believe is defective.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: SD card

You only need 30 mb/s for 4K video, which all Class-10 cards are designed to do. What you want for smartphones, contrary to cameras is a good transfer rate for 512 kb and 4 kb (kilobyte) random write (more important than read). In other words, fast transfer of those tiny files that app constantly write. People post their benchmarks on Amazon for pretty much every card available, so you can check for yourself before you decide. 4 kb random write usually goes from 0 to 3 in performance. You would believe how many high-end cards are sold (I'm talking 70mb/s sequential write and up), that can't even get a 1 in 4 kb random write. Of course the descriptions don't tell you that maybe they're not the best cards for cell phones. I personally splurged on a "SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB UHS-I/U3 Micro SDXC Memory Card Speeds Up To 95MB/s With 4K Ultra HD Ready-SDSDQXP-064G-G46A" because the benchmarks published by customers showed 4kb random write performance above 2.3, which is really excellent.

I bought this one
PNY U3 Turbo Performance 64GB High Speed MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-I, up to 90MB/sec Flash Card (P-SDUX64U390G-GE) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W77C1Q...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4826471

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
AC didn't list Turbo 2 in their list

Not in list of best phones of 2015...and Nexus 6p was in the number 1 spot... yet the Turbo 2 has better specs overall IMHO

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: AC didn't list Turbo 2 in their list

Specs aren't everything. They do account for a lot more things, like feel, build quality, overall software experience, camera (we've seen monster spec'd cameras that look like crap and underpowered-on-paper cameras that produce amazing shots; just think of iPhone cameras and you'll see what I mean) and as they mentioned, this time around they're putting more weight into timely updates.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

Specs aren't everything. They do account for a lot more things, like feel, build quality, overall software experience, camera (we've seen monster spec'd cameras that look like crap and underpowered-on-paper cameras that produce amazing shots; just think of iPhone cameras and you'll see what I mean) and as they mentioned, this time around they're putting more weight into timely updates.

Yes understood. I'm not saying it's a bad phone at all but I heard of an issue with the camera glass breaking.

Moto0685

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site

Yes understood. I'm not saying it's a bad phone at all but I heard of an issue with the camera glass breaking.

They do not like the fact that the T2 is a Verizon only phone and it is ugly compared to the other phones reviewers tend to favour looks and camera over practicality like battery life or sound and call quality or even a rugged phone like the T2 if I had gone by the reviews of this phone without actually seeing and trying it I would have not thought highly of it

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

They do not like the fact that the T2 is a Verizon only phone and it is ugly compared to the other phones reviewers tend to favour looks and camera over practicality like battery life or sound and call quality or even a rugged phone like the T2 if I had gone by the reviews of this phone without actually seeing and trying it I would have not thought highly of it

I so agree. There are so many pluses. Those are what count. I remember going by a kiosk last year and they pointed out the original turbo saying it was the most desirable.... And durable.

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site

They do not like the fact that the T2 is a Verizon only phone and it is ugly
I have tried to see what they are referring to, and I just don't see it. They don't like the fact that the bezel is about a micron wider than what they prefer. I have no problem at all with the way the DT2 looks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel