Robin's Motorola DROID Turbo 2 Thread

Raring

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anybody have ballistic nylon backing?

Never mind - I just remembered the lower one is the rear microphone. What is the upper 'hole'?

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

Just unboxing mine. First though to hold it is 1) bigger than I had thought (coming from tiny Moto X '13) and 2) slippery

I will not case this phone. Anything to make it bigger = bad.

Follow up question: is there supposed to be a tiny hole right about the camera and another one just below the second D in "Droid" (speaking of back cover still). They appear purposeful.

The UAG case is awesome... Remember it can scratch

Posted via the Android Central App

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone check out Moto voice?

I've had it activated since my first Turbo. I don't use it much, but when I do, it works well.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

Aren't there metal sides on all 3 different categories of backs? I miss the soft touch sides of previous droids as well.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Re:

It helps if you have maxed your phone's internal storage space. However, reading SD cards in general are slower than reading internal memory, and reading a large, almost full SD card will make your phone sluggish. Cloud storage for whatever you can IMO.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Re:

It helps if you have maxed your phone's internal storage space. However, reading SD cards in general are slower than reading internal memory, and reading a large, almost full SD card will make your phone sluggish. Cloud storage for whatever you can IMO.

Do SD cards help speed up the phone?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Do SD cards help speed up the phone?

Quite the reverse. SD cards are generally slower than internal storage and so having to read/write that area can slow down the functioning of the device. Generally that slowdown should be very minimal and perhaps even unnoticeable with the fastest SD cards.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Quite the reverse. SD cards are generally slower than internal storage and so having to read/write that area can slow down the functioning of the device. Generally that slowdown should be very minimal and perhaps even unnoticeable with the fastest SD cards.

Thanks I have a pny 90ms card.. Pretty fast I have seen that putting the windows animation scale to. 5 makes the phone extremely fast.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Helps to plead your case with Verizon about restocking fee

Hi folks. I has a Dt2 on one line... Not the one I have now... I returned that phone because it was defective... The headphone jack wouldn't register both sides. I canceled that line (long story)... The point is this dt2 is perfect and they wanted to charge me the restocking fee for the other one. I argued with them that with the unit being defective why should I pay it? They finally agreed.

jmanches42

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Are those micro SD cards from the AC article considered some of the fastest? Im thinking about buying a 64 gb one

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Helps to plead your case with Verizon about restocking fee

Returning for a defect should never have that fee, lol. Glad they listened to reason. When people return devices, sometimes multiple times, because they don't like the color or want to try something else, yes... restocking fee the heck out of them. But when it's because of something where the device legitimately isn't right, that should be replaced.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Helps to plead your case with Verizon about restocking fee

No question that there should not have been a restocking fee. Not for defective products. Good that you persisted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon