Robin's Motorola DROID Turbo 2 Thread

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Question about camera

Hi folks I noticed that once I take a pic it first is out of focus then adjusts. Is that your experience?

Posted via the Android Central App

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Favorite Email App

For me AquaMail is by far the best general-purpose email client and it's not even close. Not only a terrific email app, AquaMail is IMHO one of the best apps of any kind on Android.

Those using BlueMail, TypeMail, Alto and some others might want to take a look at this:

http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/7051405

I actually bought the pro key awhile back... thanks for reminding me about that

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Question about camera

I believe it is displaying the photo at low resolution to make sure it displays instantly, then it refreshes the image at its full resolution.

dcallan

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site

If you are using MS Exchange, Office 365, or another enterprise email solution, then the "Nine" email app is the way to go. I have auditioned nearly every app on the market, and this has the best features, performance, and support.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

If you are using MS Exchange, Office 365, or another enterprise email solution, then the "Nine" email app is the way to go. I have auditioned nearly every app on the market, and this has the best features, performance, and support.
If you need ActiveSync support for Exchange then I agree Nine is an excellent choice. But if access via EWS or IMAP will do, then AquaMail is a killer. It has just about everything anyone could want except ActiveSync.

stew72

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site

Is there no pinch and zoom with the stock app? I find it annoying having to scroll left and right to see my emails.

I haven't tried some of the other recommendations, but plan to.

paxham

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Anyone check out Moto voice?

Mine tends to wake up a lot to TV, music, conversation or seemingly no reason at all. I have to shut it off 5 or 10 times a day. When it works, it works pretty good. I'm still learning the best way to use it.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

I have been using K9 for a verrrrry long time and have always loved the generous customizing it gives, but it seems like lately if I read an email on my phone, then it doesn't go to all my other computers that I use MS Outlook on, and I do have all of them set up to "Leave a copy on the server" very annoying and I too am looking for something new due to that. What ashame as I really like K9.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone check out Moto voice?

Mine tends to wake up a lot to TV, music, conversation or seemingly no reason at all. I have to shut it off 5 or 10 times a day. When it works, it works pretty good. I'm still learning the best way to use it.

Try re-training it in a quiet room, or use a longer phrase (say, 5 syllables.)

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Phone seems to "bog down"

Hi folks the phone seems to get slower in loading pages and apps and sometimes locks up. Is it defective?

crusty210

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Phone seems to "bog down"

Is it a new or an older phone?

Try clearing the cache partition (accessing this menu will depend on what phone you have).

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site

I tried Aqua, and loved it until I noticed it was not push email on exchange/office 365. My battery was using 25% just for the app and fetching emails every 15 minutes. Certainly not suitable for the corporate world.

I'm trying Type right now, and it seems really good so far and push email.

Are there any email apps with calibri font? The standard Microsoft Outlook default.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

I tried Aqua, and loved it until I noticed it was not push email on exchange/office 365. My battery was using 25% just for the app and fetching emails every 15 minutes. Certainly not suitable for the corporate world.

I'm trying Type right now, and it seems really good so far and push email.

Are there any email apps with calibri font? The standard Microsoft Outlook default.
The AquaMail guy knows not having ActiveSync support is the one thing it's missing. Doing some testing, not decided how it will be resolved. AquaMail supports IMAP Push, but Microsoft does not.

If you use TypeMail you should be aware that it has serious security concerns, which makes it very questionable for corporate or private use. AquaMail is extremely secure, a strong point. Please, read the link in post #9.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

I have been using K9 for a verrrrry long time and have always loved the generous customizing it gives, but it seems like lately if I read an email on my phone, then it doesn't go to all my other computers that I use MS Outlook on, and I do have all of them set up to "Leave a copy on the server" very annoying and I too am looking for something new due to that. What ashame as I really like K9.
Sounds like you have POP3 email service. If you can just switch to IMAP. It will solve your problem and offer other nice benefits.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae