Robin's Motorola DROID Turbo 2 Thread

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Phone seems to "bog down"

In my first 24hrs with my new DT2, I've noticed some performance lags/pauses that have surprised me, too, and it spontaneously rebooted once, just after I quickly put it on wireless charger than removed it. So far, I'm not noticing it feeling much snappier than my 2013 Droid Maxx, but will give it some time.

Today, Verizon Cloud app started repeatedly popping up over everything for no apparent reason (i.e. I hadn't run it), even after I closed it. Very irritating since it was while I was driving and using Google Maps navigation. I wound up disabling it in App Info just so I could focus, will investigate more later. Very virus like behavior, plus it hasn't properly restored my SMS and call history, keeps failing that with no explanation.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

In my first 24hrs with my new DT2, I've noticed some performance lags/pauses that have surprised me, too, and it spontaneously rebooted once, just after I quickly put it on wireless charger than removed it. So far, I'm not noticing it feeling much snappier than my 2013 Droid Maxx, but will give it some time.

Today, Verizon Cloud app started repeatedly popping up over everything for no apparent reason (i.e. I hadn't run it), even after I closed it. Very irritating since it was while I was driving and using Google Maps navigation. I wound up disabling it in App Info just so I could focus, will investigate more later. Very virus like behavior, plus it hasn't properly restored my SMS and call history, keeps failing that with no explanation.

Sounds tweaky and I don't know what other phone to get.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site

Have you checked to see what's running that may be causing the problem. I have had zero issues with mine. Maybe try wiping the cache partition to see if that helps. I tend to do that after a system update or when a bunch of apps update.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

Have you checked to see what's running that may be causing the problem. I have had zero issues with mine. Maybe try wiping the cache partition to see if that helps. I tend to do that after a system update or when a bunch of apps update.

How do I do that?

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: Favorite Email App

The AquaMail guy knows not having ActiveSync support is the one thing it's missing. Doing some testing, not decided how it will be resolved. AquaMail supports IMAP Push, but Microsoft does not.

If you use TypeMail you should be aware that it has serious security concerns, which makes it very questionable for corporate or private use. AquaMail is extremely secure, a strong point. Please, read the link in post #9.

Thanks for the advice. Just installed Nine. I think it might the best of all!

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Not a good idea to move some apps to SD card

The SD card is mostly for media storage, but I believe that Marshmallow has some built-in features for apps and SD cards. So moving apps in Marshmallow may be a better situation.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

The SD card is mostly for media storage, but I believe that Marshmallow has some built-in features for apps and SD cards. So moving apps in Marshmallow may be a better situation.

Yes I heard that too

cjp39

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site

What specifically isn't working? I have a Dell Venue 8 running 5.1 and the apps that transfer have no problem functioning, or on a S5 I caretake for.

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Favorite Email App

If you are using MS Exchange, Office 365, or another enterprise email solution, then the "Nine" email app is the way to go. I have auditioned nearly every app on the market, and this has the best features, performance, and support.

I have to agree. After setting up my personal GMail account, I tried my corporate account in the native email app -- and was underwhelmed. Tried a few others, including Type Mail, and landed on Nine and was extremely impressed. Quick, easy, secure, full featured -- and I love the way it handles mail threads. Only been a few days, but it appears excellent so far.

- Jon