UK availability for the Moto X Force?

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone be able to get a hold of the UK or international version yet?
I see CarPhoneWarehouse (who i hate and refuse to buy from) are selling the 32GB overpriced. The 64GB that will be on Moto's website will be almost the same price as CPW. Along with Clove and Handtec that are also selling the 32GB.
Still waiting for the Motorola website to sell it directly so i can use the Motomaker and get the 64GB option.
Motorola chat rep told me "it's coming soon" even though I pointed out others are already selling it which I find odd.
They didn't want to confirm a date but everything points to "mid November"

strawbee

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Moto X Force - UK

Moto X Force isn't even on sale yet. Yes everything has been saying Mid-November. Be patient.

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site

So today, the 16th, Moto X Force is officially released everywhere in all shops here in the UK and is in stock..... EXCEPT directly from Motorola.
Anyone know what's going on?
Or am I the only person in the UK who is excited about the phone :p

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

So today, the 16th, Moto X Force is officially released everywhere in all shops here in the UK and is in stock..... EXCEPT directly from Motorola.

Isn't that the same as turbo 2?

Posted via the Android Central App

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

You will love it

Posted via the Android Central App

richhoops

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site

Waiting for mine to arrive from Amazon today. Having dropped by Moto X 2014, spent £150 to fix it then promptly dropped it again this seems like a good idea!

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site

yeah saw the amazon one get released today...seems you got same day shipping :)

Just ordered mine direct from Motorola, 64GB version. Just released now on the website. Delivery says 25th :p
Use UKWELCOME10 for £10 off, also go through TopCashback to get another 3% off.
So should come to £508 after cashback for the 64GB version.

Take that Carphonewarehouse wanting £530 for the 32GB version!

Last edited:

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Hi guys

I have only just found out about this new phone as I am wanting a new handset, of course I don't need one as my Xperia Z3 is fine but I have a weakness for trying new phones and I have never had a pure Android phone before without any bloat so my list had the X Style on it and the Nexus 6P but as the 6P is £100 more than the Style I just don't think it's worth it plus I am not convinced the 6Pmwill wear well with use.

Now the Force comes out but checking the price that is £499!!!!! a fair old whack of a price so is the Force going to be £150 better than the Style, I just don't know and am I right saying that the Style has LCD and the Force has Amoled? I am unfamiliar with Amoled displays though I did have a Note 2 a fair while ago but can't really remember the display as such.

So tell me what excites you about the Force compared to other phones as I just don't know which way to go :)

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site

yeah that's right Amoled for Force and LCD for Style.
Was thinking of going for the Style before but resisted because I was on the lookout for a good battery. Style seems to be mediocre in that area. Also if you think you might drop the Style just once, you'll save yourself that £150 with the force. Depends on how droppy you are lol

Main reason i'm going for it is because of battery life, turbo charge, moto active display...the shatter thing is a nice bonus
..and finally have a phone with no bloat.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

yeah that's right Amoled for Force and LCD for Style.
Was thinking of going for the Style before but resisted because I was on the lookout for a good battery. Style seems to be mediocre in that area. Also if you think you might drop the Style just once, you'll save yourself that £150 with the force. Depends on how droppy you are lol

Main reason i'm going for it is because of battery life, turbo charge, moto active display...the shatter thing is a nice bonus
..and finally have a phone with no bloat.

Hehe I can tell you are a bit excited about it aren't you :) I am terrible with phones I have a weakness for trying different phones but I just know that when I get a Moto I know I will keep it for a good while.

richhoops

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site

yeah saw the amazon one get released today...seems you got same day shipping :)

Just ordered mine direct from Motorola, 64GB version. Just released now on the website. Delivery says 25th :p
Use UKWELCOME10 for £10 off, also go through TopCashback to get another 3% off.
So should come to £508 after cashback for the 64GB version.

Take that Carphonewarehouse wanting £530 for the 32GB version!

Good work on the 64gb! Mine's the 32gb and it was £499, pre-ordered last week and yeah Amazon delivered on release day, which was nice. I've stuck an old 32gb SD card in there for all my Google Play Music so the phone stortage should be plenty for me coming from 16gb.

Only had a few hours with the phone so far and much of that was getting it set back up. I'm pleased with it, there were only two areas that worried me, the size and weight, and whilst it's noticable I'm getting used to it, and the finger to screen distance I've seen mentioned in reviews. That's defintely there but I only notice it if I stop and think about it.

Going back to the Nexus 5 after wrecking my Moto X reminded me how much I missed Qi so I'm glad this has wireless charging, I have a mat on my night stand and my desk at work. Obvioulsy not had it long enough yet to see what happens with battery life so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'm going to be pleased with that. I don't care about it lasting "two days" but if I can turn it on in the morning and not worry about charging it until I go to bed that will be great.

And I can't believe how much I missed the chopy chopy torch gesture!

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Good work on the 64gb! Mine's the 32gb and it was £499, pre-ordered last week and yeah Amazon delivered on release day, which was nice. I've stuck an old 32gb SD card in there for all my Google Play Music so the phone stortage should be plenty for me coming from 16gb.

Only had a few hours with the phone so far and much of that was getting it set back up. I'm pleased with it, there were only two areas that worried me, the size and weight, and whilst it's noticable I'm getting used to it, and the finger to screen distance I've seen mentioned in reviews. That's defintely there but I only notice it if I stop and think about it.

Going back to the Nexus 5 after wrecking my Moto X reminded me how much I missed Qi so I'm glad this has wireless charging, I have a mat on my night stand and my desk at work. Obvioulsy not had it long enough yet to see what happens with battery life so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'm going to be pleased with that. I don't care about it lasting "two days" but if I can turn it on in the morning and not worry about charging it until I go to bed that will be great.

And I can't believe how much I missed the chopy chopy torch gesture!

Hi there

What do you mean by finger to screen distance?

Thanks

richhoops

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site

Hi there

What do you mean by finger to screen distance?

Thanks

A couple of comments I've read or heard have mentioned that due to the layers of plastic used to create the smashproof screen you can feel "distance" between your finger and the icons as if there's an air gap there. I can kinda notice it if I stop to think about it but personally I really don't find it a big deal.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

A couple of comments I've read or heard have mentioned that due to the layers of plastic used to create the smashproof screen you can feel "distance" between your finger and the icons as if there's an air gap there. I can kinda notice it if I stop to think about it but personally I really don't find it a big deal.

Ahh ok thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol