Is there a Notification LED on the DROID TURBO 2?

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: LED notification?

Turbo 2 has an LED just to the left of the earpiece. So far the only color I've seen was green. But its there. Similar to the Moto X and Nexus 6

strawbee

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
There is a single LED on the T2, but that is the SOL LED. You can read that as "**** Outta Luck" or "Sign Of Life". Basically, it blinks to tell you that your battery is real low and you're gonna have to wait for it to charge back up a little bit. Otherwise, it turns off and is not used for notifications.

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
There is a single LED on the T2, but that is the SOL LED. You can read that as "**** Outta Luck" or "Sign Of Life". Basically, it blinks to tell you that your battery is real low and you're gonna have to wait for it to charge back up a little bit. Otherwise, it turns off and is not used for notifications.
Like I said, the same LED on the Moto X and Nexus 6. Which has been successfully hired to perform notification duties on root

rdjr74

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Like I said, the same LED on the Moto X and Nexus 6. Which has been successfully hired to perform notification duties on root

Hopefully this can and will be achieved without root. Only thing I worry about will be dev. support based on this phone being a verizon exclusive, although I wonder if the unlocked (moto pure X ???) variant would be able to use the same type of development.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
There's an LED. But it doesn't act as a Notification LED. You may need to root to get it working.

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure, I've never implemented. I've grown so accustomed to active notifications I have no interest. I think the info is out there though

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Moto hooked me on multicolor led notifications in my og droid. Ironic that they were the first to dump them. That Droid was one hell of a phone for its era.

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully this can and will be achieved without root. Only thing I worry about will be dev. support based on this phone being a verizon exclusive, although I wonder if the unlocked (moto pure X ???) variant would be able to use the same type of development.

think you mean moto x force, yes i really want LED. especially if moto display only "breathes" for 3 minute and then you're SOL lol

K_Quinn

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone noticed the sensor on the right, right next to the ear piece. Has that turned red for anyone else?? It was red twice 2 days ago and hasn't done it since.

Aaron Payton

May 2, 2014
Visit site
the sensor to the right of the earpiece that glows red when the screen goes off is the proximity sensor for moto display. If you look on the bottom there is two more that do the same thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci