RESOLVED: Searching Location - GPS not working

sdawson68

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased the Motorola Droid Turbo 2 from Verizon and I am on Day 2 and loving this phone. Great battery, awesome feel. I am having one issue with the GPS and it is saying "Searching Location" and not finding my location. I went into Google Maps and agreed to turn on my GPS Location Consent and it can't find my location. I went into the Location setting and tried all three levels, GPS, Wireless, Cellular, and set it to the highest accuracy setting. I even put it in Airplane mode and turned it back on again. I then rebooted the phone for the first time and still nothing. I tried searching the web but I keep finding issues for other phones and not the Turbo 2. Please let me know if there is something I am missing or if I should take the phone back to Verizon? I am open to suggestions. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

sdawson68

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I rebooted the phone again and turned off Trusted Locations in my Security section. When I first got the phone, I was playing around with it and liked the idea of having my phone unlocked when I was at home. I turned this feature on right away. I disabled it and rebooted the phone. Everything started to work. Google maps and the weather app are finding my location now. This is great! I really like this phone.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'd say it's not all that good if trusted locations interferes with other apps trying to access location. I wonder if anybody else is having an issue with that?

Liran Edde

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I rebooted the phone again and turned off Trusted Locations in my Security section. When I first got the phone, I was playing around with it and liked the idea of having my phone unlocked when I was at home. I turned this feature on right away. I disabled it and rebooted the phone. Everything started to work. Google maps and the weather app are finding my location now. This is great! I really like this phone.

I have the same issue but I can't find trusted locations in the security section of settings?

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'd say it's not all that good if trusted locations interferes with other apps trying to access location. I wonder if anybody else is having an issue with that?
I've been using Trusted Locations for months, and continue to since the Marshmallow upgrade. Works beautifully at home, in cars, etc. No impact at all on Google Maps, etc.

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue but I can't find trusted locations in the security section of settings?

Go into Settings / Security / Smart Lock

You'll see choices for:

1. Trusted devices
  2. Trusted places
  3. Trusted face
  4. Trusted voice
  5. On-body detection

#1 will allow you to have your phone stay unlocked when it's paired with a trusted device (e.g., your car)
#2 will use your location to determine if the phone stays unlocked, e.g., at home
#3 unlocks the phone if it recognizes your face
#4 unlocks the phone if it recognizes your voice
#5 keeps an unlocked phone unlocked until you put it down somewhere