Constantly losing cellular connection

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Success!!!! After two days, I finally got hold of a VZW rep who decided to just make things happen and get this done right. Thank you to Syreeta Johnson at VZW. She got me a code to order a new phone through MotoMaker. VZW will charge the subsidized amount to my bill, but will refund that as soon as they receive my defective phone.

syreeta.johnson@vzw.com

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
While reactivating my current DT2, it would get data but not make or receive calls. I had to remove and reinsert the SIM to get it to place calls. I think this is the source of the problem. There is some defect inside this phone where it is losing connection with the SIM card.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
While reactivating my current DT2, it would get data but not make or receive calls. I had to remove and reinsert the SIM to get it to place calls. I think this is the source of the problem. There is some defect inside this phone where it is losing connection with the SIM card.

Wow well so glad you are getting that resolved.

Posted via the Android Central App

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha, sorry to hear. I hope your replacement device works flawlessly. It's a great phone. Good luck.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Got the replacement DT2 and activated it today. So far no more dropped data or calls. The old phone was slowly getting worse. This is much better.

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Got the replacement DT2 and activated it today. So far no more dropped data or calls. The old phone was slowly getting worse. This is much better.

Glad to hear, what design did you get? I hope things go much better for you.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear, what design did you get? I hope things go much better for you.

Same as before- black/champagne frame, royal blue accent, black ballistic nylon back, and "By your command..." welcome phrase. I'm going to avoid a FDR at all costs on this phone, as that wiped out my welcome phrase last time and I do not see any way to get it back.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Same as before- black/champagne frame, royal blue accent, black ballistic nylon back, and "By your command..." welcome phrase. I'm going to avoid a FDR at all costs on this phone, as that wiped out my welcome phrase last time and I do not see any way to get it back.

Same thing happened to me. Lost the phrase.

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

Hey Sandman, how's the new phone working out?

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey Sandman, how's the new phone working out?
Second defective phone I've gotten. This one has no problem with network connections, but the vibration motor is loose inside and it makes an annoying buzzing sound every time it activates. I always get the defective products.

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
So I'm not the only one this really sucks because I use my device as a hotspot/router at home for internet and it will have good signal the just go to 3g. I have to turn airplane mode one for 2 seconds then turn it right back off there is 4g. It would seam that it would be a software issue but if some of you have got new phones and it quit doing it and they have the same software as the old one then I guess it's hardware

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
So I'm not the only one this really sucks because I use my device as a hotspot/router at home for internet and it will have good signal the just go to 3g. I have to turn airplane mode one for 2 seconds then turn it right back off there is 4g. It would
seam that it would be a software issue but if some of you have got new phones and it quit doing it and they have the same software as the old one then I guess it's hardware