I recieved the turbo2 yesterday and played around with it,today I called verizion and told them to put me back on my droid maxx because I could not get the volume to go any higher same with music.I googled the problem and seen there were quite a number of problems people are having with the turbo 2 sound.I even took it to verizion and they couldn't get it any higher.I still have 13 days left so I am going to hang on to it and hope someone will figure it out,if not I'll check out the motox pure edition.
    mike
    11-11-2015 06:49 PM
    I haven't had that problem. When I first got it the sound was muffled, but I was keeping the plastic covering on the phone until I could get a glass screen protector, and it was covering the speaker holes. Once I peeled that off, the sound became quite loud.
    jbarker1332 likes this.
    11-11-2015 06:52 PM
    No problems here at all. Could be defective.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-11-2015 06:57 PM
    Downloaded Tunein Radio app on the VZ store display model so I was able to stream the same station on my T1 one. The store display was definitely louder than my T1

11-11-2015 10:46 PM
    I recieved the turbo2 yesterday and played around with it,today I called verizion and told them to put me back on my droid maxx because I could not get the volume to go any higher same with music.I googled the problem and seen there were quite a number of problems people are having with the turbo 2 sound.I even took it to verizion and they couldn't get it any higher.I still have 13 days left so I am going to hang on to it and hope someone will figure it out,if not I'll check out the motox pure edition.
    mike
    Try disabling the app "Audio Effects" which is a built-in EQ for the phone. It has worked on previous Motorola phones including the OG Droid Turbo. I am loving both the earpiece call volume and the external speaker volume. Big improvement over the Turbo 1.
    11-12-2015 05:25 PM
    Try disabling the app "Audio Effects" which is a built-in EQ for the phone. It has worked on previous Motorola phones including the OG Droid Turbo. I am loving both the earpiece call volume and the external speaker volume. Big improvement over the Turbo 1.
    Where do you find that?

11-12-2015 05:30 PM
    Where do you find that?

You go to: Settings > Apps > Swipe left to "All" > Click "Audio Effects" then choose disable.
    11-12-2015 05:33 PM
    You go to: Settings > Apps > Swipe left to "All" > Click "Audio Effects" then choose disable.
    Thanks

11-12-2015 05:35 PM
    mike
    Is this via the speakers, headphones, bluetooth, something else, or some combo? In what situations are you not getting the volume you want/expect?
    11-14-2015 07:35 PM
    News flash: loud music on ALL phones SUCK.

The built in speakers, on any phone, are not intended to be a knock-your-socks off experience. If you really cared about sound quality and not listening to bull**** coming through phone speakers, get a set of audiophile grade earbuds.
    11-15-2015 10:20 AM
    I think the turbo 2 speaker is fairly loud, can play a video through it and hear it the last phones I had you had to hold the phone to your ears with any other little noise.

Turbo II likes this.
    11-15-2015 11:55 AM
    I think the turbo 2 speaker is fairly loud, can play a video through it and hear it the last phones I had you had to hold the phone to your ears with any other little noise.

It works great

11-15-2015 12:15 PM
    I haven't had that problem. When I first got it the sound was muffled, but I was keeping the plastic covering on the phone until I could get a glass screen protector, and it was covering the speaker holes. Once I peeled that off, the sound became quite loud.
    found out the reason why i had low sound,i still had the plastic on the front,i peeled it all the way off and now it works,but it's too late i sent it back a day ago,i might go check out the moto-x-pure-edition to see what thats all about before i make a decision.
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-16-2015 10:18 PM
    Dontcha hate when that happens?

There's no shame in coming back if you decide to do so; it is a pretty good device.
    11-16-2015 10:23 PM
    i might go check out the moto-x-pure-edition to see what thats all about before i make a decision.
    Do it! Lol

11-16-2015 10:25 PM
    Do it! Lol

problem is verizion don't have them and who knows if there gonna sell them.
    11-16-2015 10:32 PM
    I read that the T2 has just one speaker, despite having two speaker outlets. What's up with that?
    11-16-2015 10:42 PM
    I read that the T2 has just one speaker, despite having two speaker outlets. What's up with that?
    bad move on motorola's part,i wish they had put that shatterproof screen on that pure-edition along with that turbo2 battery,that would have made an awsome phone,maybe a little big.
    ffejjj and jlanford like this.
    11-16-2015 10:50 PM
    problem is verizion don't have them and who knows if there gonna sell them.
    They won't. The Pure Edition is not being sold by carriers. It'll work on Verizon's network - you just won't be able to purchase one through them.

11-17-2015 12:38 AM
    found out the reason why i had low sound,i still had the plastic on the front,i peeled it all the way off and now it works,but it's too late i sent it back a day ago,i might go check out the moto-x-pure-edition to see what thats all about before i make a decision.
    Maybe you should re-title this thread. The sound is acceptable on my unit.
    11-17-2015 11:06 AM
    It's a ported enclosure, which improves the bass response.
    11-17-2015 11:45 AM
    Whenever I talk on this damned phone people complain that the sound fades in and out. This is the second Android turbo I have been given. On the first phone it would not ring for incoming calls. That new phone was replaced with this second "reserviced" phone which has its own problems. Nothing like buying new and then be given second-hand that does not work. Androids suck.
    03-29-2016 12:14 PM
    Whenever I talk on this damned phone people complain that the sound fades in and out. This is the second Android turbo I have been given. On the first phone it would not ring for incoming calls. That new phone was replaced with this second "reserviced" phone which has its own problems. Nothing like buying new and then be given second-hand that does not work. Androids suck.
    Whoa dude, don't write off Android as a whole just because of a crappy experience you had with two phones. Android phones come in a huge variety of forms, and you haven't even tried the best form, the Nexus line. Give phones better than the Droid line a try before making your final judgment.

As for the OP, my Turbo 2 has the best and loudest speaker of any phone I've had that has a mono speaker. Check to see if anything is muffling it, or check your sound settings.

Posted via my Perfect-Except-for-Verizon-and-Lenovo Droid Turbo 2
    03-29-2016 03:04 PM
    My speaker is nice & loud but when people call me it's a little quiet. Anyone no how to make the person on the other end of the phone louder without them shouting?

03-29-2016 04:33 PM
    This worked for me! Thanks!
    08-02-2016 10:20 PM