Got mine the other day and was very pleasantly surprised at how much more I like it than I thought I would. I expected the plastic screen to be dull and not very visible in direct sunlight... but not so. The screen is amazingly sharp and vibrant with color and is usable outdoors in sunlight.

The standard "soft grip" back is not as grippy as I would like; I may look into changing out and trying the ballistic nylon. Otherwise the feel of it in my hand is incredibly nice; I know right away I'm not holding a cheap phone.
    11-12-2015 10:07 PM
    I knew as soon as I saw my credit card statement that I wasn't holding a cheap phone.
    ffejjj, dmark44, strawbee and 2 others like this.
    11-12-2015 10:14 PM
    I knew as soon as I saw my credit card statement that I wasn't holding a cheap phone.
    Worth it

Posted via the Android Central App
    cbironman24 likes this.
    11-12-2015 10:27 PM
    Got mine the other day and was very pleasantly surprised at how much more I like it than I thought I would. I expected the plastic screen to be dull and not very visible in direct sunlight... but not so. The screen is amazingly sharp and vibrant with color and is usable outdoors in sunlight.

The standard "soft grip" back is not as grippy as I would like; I may look into changing out and trying the ballistic nylon. Otherwise the feel of it in my hand is incredibly nice; I know right away I'm not holding a cheap phone.
    Ballistic is not grippy. Try one before you do that.
    11-17-2015 02:26 PM
    Ballistic is not grippy. Try one before you do that.
    If I get this phone I will use it without a case and I won't be able to try one out first as nobody stocks these off the shelf so is the other backing grippy, which ones have you tried?
    11-17-2015 03:49 PM
    If I get this phone I will use it without a case and I won't be able to try one out first as nobody stocks these off the shelf so is the other backing grippy, which ones have you tried?
    I've had the diamond pattern smooth back... Not bad but I like the ballistic better

Posted via the Android Central App
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-17-2015 03:52 PM
    If I get this phone I will use it without a case and I won't be able to try one out first as nobody stocks these off the shelf
    The verizon store near my house has a ballistic nylon T2 in the display area. Others probably do as well.
    11-18-2015 04:41 PM
    The verizon store near my house has a ballistic nylon T2 in the display area. Others probably do as well.
    I live in the UK and nobody has this phone in stock nor the Style!

That's just how it is here.
    11-18-2015 06:52 PM
    I have the black leather backing and do not find it to be slippery, course at 6'5" I have larger hands than most so YMMV. But I love the look.
    11-18-2015 06:54 PM