Auto screen brightness is really dim

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I always used auto brightness on my T1. The auto setting on my T2 seems incredibly low, even outside in the sun. When I switched it to the "low" setting, the brightness actually increased a bit. Has anyone else noticed this or have any ideas?

Thanks

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I always used auto brightness on my T1. The auto setting on my T2 seems incredibly low, even outside in the sun. When I switched it to the "low" setting, the brightness actually increased a bit. Has anyone else noticed this or have any ideas?

Thanks

Yeah I don't use auto

Posted via the Android Central App

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I found this Brightness Level setting in the display settings. It seems to adjust the relative brightness of the auto brightness.

e157bcb0fe27f4cf3a0bf25a03ed87a5.jpg

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Lux is also a great automatic brightness app. It made my Droid Maxx usable outdoors in bright sunlight when the phone's automatic brightness would not.

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Lux is also a great automatic brightness app. It made my Droid Maxx usable outdoors in bright sunlight when the phone's automatic brightness would not.

didn't like lux that much, when you take screenshots of your phone they're all dark and dim because it adds an extra layer of blackness to control the dimming

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
didn't like lux that much, when you take screenshots of your phone they're all dark and dim because it adds an extra layer of blackness to control the dimming

That never happened to me on the Droid Maxx, but I used Lux only to affect auto-brightness, not to change the "temperature" of the color based on time (which is another of Lux's features.)

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't use auto or adaptive screen options. I usually just leave it at about 3/4ths of the way to the right.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't use auto or adaptive screen options. I usually just leave it at about 3/4ths of the way to the right.

There are times, like when I'm lying in bed though, that even the dimmest setting is kind of bright, let alone 75%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol