Owners can I ask you a few questions

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I meant watch out in a good way. Marshmallow makes it where the SD card is considered part of the storage. So, 32 plus 64 equals ....

Ahh ok great so if I have a 16gb Xperia Z3 at present a 32gb Force should be more than enough shouldn't it? So is marsh looking at the SD card in a different way to the previous software?

I really like the bronze nylon back could you post a quick picture as I am sure it looks a bit different to Moto maker, I know it sounds daft but I am thinking of the lime accents with that colour :)

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Oh that is a lovely colour trouble is I don't think I would want to use a case at all as it seems like a rugged monkey do you have extra screen protection?

I got the case for the sides... And yes I have the flexible glass screen protector... The case is clear so it doesn't detract

Posted via the Android Central App

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why people are putting another screen protector on this phone - the "top layer" is already a screen protector, and you can buy replacement ones directly from Motorola (ShatterShield Replacement Lens) if you scratch up the one that comes with the Droid. Seems like a waste of money :) I have a Gorilla Glass Priv and my Droid T2 sitting side by side here and I can't tell the difference dragging my finger around either screen (although I will say if you get any moisture on your fingers you'll notice more "drag" on the T2).

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why people are putting another screen protector on this phone - the "top layer" is already a screen protector, and you can buy replacement ones directly from Motorola (ShatterShield Replacement Lens) if you scratch up the one that comes with the Droid. Seems like a waste of money :) I have a Gorilla Glass Priv and my Droid T2 sitting side by side here and I can't tell the difference dragging my finger around either screen (although I will say if you get any moisture on your fingers you'll notice more "drag" on the T2).

Because, based on posts that we have already seen about this, the top layer *will* scratch, and the replacement costs $30, while a screen protector over the top layer will cost less and will be less likely/unlikely to scratch (depending on which you get.)

You don't have to buy one if you don't want to, but that's why.

qonic

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
here in the states if you want a custom design you have to get the 64 gb plus on my close to stock storage
i have 20.18 gb available,i have a 32 gb sd card with 29.74 available i probally will get a 64 gb sd. the ballistic
nylon is slippery (better looking)but will out last the leather cover without a case on it

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Nice cover.

Thanks, I really like the blue nylon back. Honestly, those who are saying the nylon back is slippery, at least it has texture to it so you can grip it. I went to the VZW store on launch day and played with the soft touch there, and that seemed even worse. I don't know, it's all subjective anyway. Just order whatever style you like and go with it.

MJ5150

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi andy a!

I have had my Droid Turbo 2 for three weeks as of today. I like it, and am glad I chose it over the cheaper Moto X Pure.

As for the plastic screen, I didn't even know it was plastic until it got a smudge on it from my keys which came off with some light scrubbing.
In my experience, the plastic is smooth and my fingers glides across it no problem.
I have not bothered to put any kind of screen protector on it.
I like the display, it looks really nice and HD video looks very sharp.
Also, I have not stared at the screen looking for the 'edge' people are talking about. Maybe it's there, but I'm not going to go look for it.

I have the ballistic back on it, and it feels nice. It can be a but slippery, but I have not dropped the phone.
I do not like putting cases or covers my phones.
The back looks nice too, I like how it looks.

Battery life for me has been great. I added a few apps, Instagram, Simpsons Tapped Out, Cozi, and a couple others.
I use those apps on and off all day long while connected to WiFi. No Bluetooth.
My day starts at 4:45Am. By 9:00PM, I still have 30-40% battery left with all that heavy use.
I don't stream audio or video, but I do surf the internet a lot, use Instagram, send text messages, use Google Maps, and such.

The audio is really loud for me. So loud that it cracks out at times, so I turned it down to 3/4. Still plenty loud for me.

The one thing I would complain about is how big it is. I have been using the Droid RAZR M the last three years. I was used to the small device. So this complaint is more about me adjusting than an actual defect with the device.

I do wish you could swap out the back for something else when you wanted to.

It came down to the Turbo 2, the Moto X Pure, or the LG G4. I am glad I chose the Turbo 2. I would choose it again.

-Mike

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi andy a!

I have had my Droid Turbo 2 for three weeks as of today. I like it, and am glad I chose it over the cheaper Moto X Pure.

As for the plastic screen, I didn't even know it was plastic until it got a smudge on it from my keys which came off with some light scrubbing.
In my experience, the plastic is smooth and my fingers glides across it no problem.
I have not bothered to put any kind of screen protector on it.
I like the display, it looks really nice and HD video looks very sharp.
Also, I have not stared at the screen looking for the 'edge' people are talking about. Maybe it's there, but I'm not going to go look for it.

I have the ballistic back on it, and it feels nice. It can be a but slippery, but I have not dropped the phone.
I do not like putting cases or covers my phones.
The back looks nice too, I like how it looks.

Battery life for me has been great. I added a few apps, Instagram, Simpsons Tapped Out, Cozi, and a couple others.
I use those apps on and off all day long while connected to WiFi. No Bluetooth.
My day starts at 4:45Am. By 9:00PM, I still have 30-40% battery left with all that heavy use.
I don't stream audio or video, but I do surf the internet a lot, use Instagram, send text messages, use Google Maps, and such.

The audio is really loud for me. So loud that it cracks out at times, so I turned it down to 3/4. Still plenty loud for me.

The one thing I would complain about is how big it is. I have been using the Droid RAZR M the last three years. I was used to the small device. So this complaint is more about me adjusting than an actual defect with the device.

I do wish you could swap out the back for something else when you wanted to.

It came down to the Turbo 2, the Moto X Pure, or the LG G4. I am glad I chose the Turbo 2. I would choose it again.

-Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for taking the time to write down your thoughts :) you seem very impressed and out of the two phones for some reason the T2 just says get me BUT the T 2 in the UK in US Dollars is $755 to buy the handset and the Style is $530 so the difference is quite big and the Style does have a lot going for it but I know from reading user reviews that the battery life isn't great whereas the T2 seems to have superb battery life.

As for the plastic screen I am sure I will be fine with that, the only other thing is some people say the screen isn't that bright but then others say it is plenty bright enough! I do like a nice bright screen and sadly here in the UK nobody has either phone in stock so you can't just go and have a play around with them.

It depends on the deals on offer this coming Friday as I have signed up with Motorola UK so maybe they might knock a bit off the T2 :)

Andy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173