Who came from a MAXX

jmanches42

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a Droid maxx and am trying to convince myself that the Turbo 2 will be worth the upgrade. The problem I'm having is that I have nothing bad to say about the maxx I'm currently using. So...whoever made this jump, does it feel like a huge upgrade?

Posted via the Android Central App

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a Droid maxx and am trying to convince myself that the Turbo 2 will be worth the upgrade. The problem I'm having is that I have nothing bad to say about the maxx I'm currently using. So...whoever made this jump, does it feel like a huge upgrade?

YES! Well worth it, this thing is awesome. Maxx is so slow compared to it. Now, maybe the Maxx was due for an FDR, but it's like night and day.

doovid184

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I came from a Maxx to the T2 and the T2 is a huge. Once I got past the size difference (the T2 actually felt lighter though) this phone has been great. It is much faster and better at multi-tasking and JB is a great upgrade. The Verizon $200 trade in offer also made it much easier to justify the cost.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I went from a Maxx to a Maxx HD to a Turbo, and now I have the Turbo 2. All were worth it.

I think the op meant the droid maxx, not the razr maxx phones lol.

Ive had the droid maxx and the turbo and turbo2 were a good leap forward. My daighter just went from the droid maxx to the maxx2 because it was cheaper than the turbo2 amd she says even the maxx2 is a lot better.

Moto Droid Turbo 2

jmanches42

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I think the op meant the droid maxx, not the razr maxx phones lol.

Ive had the droid maxx and the turbo and turbo2 were a good leap forward. My daighter just went from the droid maxx to the maxx2 because it was cheaper than the turbo2 amd she says even the maxx2 is a lot better.

Moto Droid Turbo 2

Right on with the Droid Maxx but either way I appreciate the feedback. I think it will be a good upgrade. I just need to decide which back and pull the trigger. I'm leaning towards the soft plastic one but I'll probably throw a thin case on it so it won't really matter

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Well i went with the soft back and most people will agree it is slick. While at the store i messed with nylon back and a leather back and they were all too slick for me so i got a case. Since your getting a case it won't matter.

To me the part of the phone that really needs grip is the slides, and the moto is crazy slick on the sides.

I put a tech 21 slim case on mine. It adds grip but i have to clean it every other day because oil from my hands builds up on the slick surface. As far as protection its great.

Moto Droid Turbo 2

GMasonDragonDad

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Droid Maxx -> LG G4.

Saw too many complaints about the Turbo v1 having wifi issues and dropped calls. Maxx would drop 1%/hour over night with most things turned off.

My wife's G2 was stable and had less idle drain. I appreciate the TV remote functionality and ability for a expandable memory card.

missmotta

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I just switched to T-Mobile yesterday and also switched out my Maxx for a brand new LG G4. It's running on 5.1which is awesome, and it's looks and feels great. Glad to see the "latest" os is smooth. However I feel like I might accidentally break Andy phone that's not made out of Kevlar as my last two phones were a Maxx and a Razr. So, I do miss the Maxx since it worked wonderfully but the no update thing was getting to me, also Verizon in general. I encourage you to jump ship and get a new phone. It may just cost you less than you're paying now, with a new phone and twice the GB per month for the same cost.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I just switched to T-Mobile yesterday and also switched out my Maxx for a brand new LG G4. It's running on 5.1which is awesome, and it's looks and feels great. Glad to see the "latest" os is smooth. However I feel like I might accidentally break Andy phone that's not made out of Kevlar as my last two phones were a Maxx and a Razr. So, I do miss the Maxx since it worked wonderfully but the no update thing was getting to me, also Verizon in general. I encourage you to jump ship and get a new phone. It may just cost you less than you're paying now, with a new phone and twice the GB per month for the same cost.

Just depends if T-mobile is a good carrier where you are.

jmanches42

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I have to stay on the ship due to my location and T-Mobile's lack of service here. I just realized I'm a moto fanboy lol which is another reason for me to stay. They arent the coolest phones but they just work! They are like the Honda of the phone world. I actually tried to get the Turbo 2 today but due to my UDP, I am not able to use promotions until my billing cycle starts over. I am going to miss this current promo but Verizon "assured" me their best deals always come between black Friday and Christmas.

Moto0685

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I have to stay on the ship due to my location and T-Mobile's lack of service here. I just realized I'm a moto fanboy lol which is another reason for me to stay. They arent the coolest phones but they just work! They are like the Honda of the phone world. I actually tried to get the Turbo 2 today but due to my UDP, I am not able to use promotions until my billing cycle starts over. I am going to miss this current promo but Verizon "assured" me their best deals always come between black Friday and Christmas.

I have to agree with you there, my LG G2 worked great until Verizon updated to lollipop 5.1.0 and that was the end of that, but the turbo is hands down the best working phone out of the box I have ever owned, and the best battery life even the G2 which had good battery life when I first got it cannot compete with this phone.

SwerveU

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site

I did, and it does. Do it.

Cauhauna

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I also have a droid maxx, and it is still a good phone - except my battery has deteriorated significantly since I purchased it in December 2013. It doesn't get me through a day anymore. That is the only reason i'm considering upgrading.

The Turbo 2 would be mine already if it were anywhere near the $500 mark - but it's north of $800 after taxes, and to me, that is crazy.
I like the Droid Maxx 2 as well - much better price point and would probably serve my needs (i chat/text/talk/maps/browse web - no gaming)

decisions, decisions.

jmanches42

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I also have a droid maxx, and it is still a good phone - except my battery has deteriorated significantly since I purchased it in December 2013. It doesn't get me through a day anymore. That is the only reason i'm considering upgrading.

The Turbo 2 would be mine already if it were anywhere near the $500 mark - but it's north of $800 after taxes, and to me, that is crazy.
I like the Droid Maxx 2 as well - much better price point and would probably serve my needs (i chat/text/talk/maps/browse web - no gaming)

decisions, decisions.

Have you done a factory reset? I did it to mine and it brought my battery back to life and made it run a lot better

Last edited:

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
FWIW, I was feeling battery & performance degradation on my 2yr old Maxx as well. Factory reset it a month or two ago, and that definitely helped with performance, not so much with battery. I'm reasonably sure that daily wireless charging 700+ times now has physically degraded the battery, from heat.

I was hoping to see substantially better battery life from a brand new DT2, but alas, not so much in my first couple days with it so far, about 12-13 hours. Now, that's probably a couple hours better than my Droid Maxx in its current state, plus I'm probably using the DT2 more than usual since it's new and interesting. But I had higher hopes for ~30% battery left by early evening, that hasn't happened. To it's credit though, I'm a pretty heavy user, with Pebble smartwatch and lots of screen on time (SOT), 1 hr 44 min in past 7.5 hrs today. And, turbo charging is a huge help.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, I was feeling battery & performance degradation on my 2yr old Maxx as well. Factory reset it a month or two ago, and that definitely helped with performance, not so much with battery. I'm reasonably sure that daily wireless charging 700+ times now has physically degraded the battery, from heat.

I was hoping to see substantially better battery life from a brand new DT2, but alas, not so much in my first couple days with it so far, about 12-13 hours. Now, that's probably a couple hours better than my Droid Maxx in its current state, plus I'm probably using the DT2 more than usual since it's new and interesting. But I had higher hopes for ~30% battery left by early evening, that hasn't happened. To it's credit though, I'm a pretty heavy user, with Pebble smartwatch and lots of screen on time (SOT), 1 hr 44 min in past 7.5 hrs today. And, turbo charging is a huge help.

I've had the Maxx, the Turbo 1 and now the Turbo 2. The Maxx before it received its first software update was the best battery on any phone I've ever had. 6 hrs- 7hrs of SOT over 24 hours was definitely doable on the Maxx. The Turbo 1 was excellent but by 5 hours SOT, I was always pushing it to the bottom in about 16-17 hours. I think the Turbo 2 is a little better than the Turbo 1, but close. I think the idle drain on the Turbo 2 is amazing. This is what I got over the weekend. Didn't use a ton, but I haven't charged in basically 2 days of use.

Attachments

• 1448257057602.jpg
    1448257057602.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 42