08-19-2017 02:56 AM
54 123
tools
    I put a screen protector on right away. I heard you can get replacements of that main screen from Motorola but once you do... Put a flexible screen protector on it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    THat is the plan here. The original top layer of the screen scratches easy.
    11-30-2015 11:19 AM
    The top layer is user replaceable anyway, so why not a user-replaceable tempered glass layer instead (at least as an option)? Or use something like one of those Zagg style covers as a top layer; those are pretty unscratchable.
    I'm interested in this. Remove the top layer and replace it with a new and improved one since lenovorola put a crap one on so that they could sell their own branded replacements. Lol $ make the world turn.
    11-30-2015 12:35 PM
    I'm interested in this. Remove the top layer and replace it with a new and improved one since lenovorola put a crap one on so that they could sell their own branded replacements. Lol $ make the world turn.
    Check into the fine print before you do that. Rumor has it that you might have a warranty issue if you remove their top layer and it breaks.

11-30-2015 12:54 PM
    Check into the fine print before you do that. Rumor has it that you might have a warranty issue if you remove their top layer and it breaks.

How's this is Motorola sells replacement top screens

11-30-2015 01:35 PM
    Because you'd take off the Motorola top screen and replace it with a Motorola one? If you take the top screen off and put on a screen protector you bought you wouldn't have a Motorola one on it, therefore causing the potential problem.

11-30-2015 02:40 PM
    Verizon sells a screen protector they call flexible glass. It's what I'm using on mine. Really smooth and rated 9
    h so won't scratch easily. Looks great on the device as well.
    Does the Verizon flexible glass screen protector go up and around the speakers and sensors or is it cut out around them?
    11-30-2015 03:41 PM
    If you replace the shattershield with another screen protector, Motorola won't replace it under the warranty. Many people have been having success putting a glass protector over the plastic shield with no adverse effects.

11-30-2015 03:42 PM
    Because you'd take off the Motorola top screen and replace it with a Motorola one? If you take the top screen off and put on a screen protector you bought you wouldn't have a Motorola one on it, therefore causing the potential problem.

Oh ok. So of you replace it with a Motorola one then the warranty is still intact?
    11-30-2015 03:43 PM
    The Verizon flexible glass screen protector is a perfect fit on the T2. I've had it on since purchase. It has slot openings for the speakers and completely covers the sensors. No issues what so ever for me.
    THEPRFCT10 likes this.
    11-30-2015 03:50 PM
    The Verizon flexible glass screen protector is a perfect fit on the T2. I've had it on since purchase. It has slot openings for the speakers and completely covers the sensors. No issues what so ever for me.
    But does this break warranty with Moto?
    11-30-2015 03:51 PM
    But does this break warranty with Moto?
    Not if it you leave the top shatter-shield removable layer in place, and use the VZW glass protector on top of it. I've got 3 Turbo 2's configured that way -- they look great, and the glass is an excellent layer on top of the full shatter-shield stack.

I would NOT be confident that you could remove the top shatter-shield layer and replace it with a glass protector. I could easily imagine Motorola viewing this as voiding your warranty.
    11-30-2015 03:56 PM
    Not if it you leave the top shatter-shield removable layer in place, and use the VZW glass protector on top of it. I've got 3 Turbo 2's configured that way -- they look great, and the glass is an excellent layer on top of the full shatter-shield stack.

I would NOT be confident that you could remove the top shatter-shield layer and replace it with a glass protector. I could easily imagine Motorola viewing this as voiding your warranty.
    Oh ok. But Moto sells shatter-shield replacements, so we're trying to figure out if using one of those voids the warranty.
    11-30-2015 04:16 PM
    Right, which was why I suggested that **Motorola** also sell replacements that were tempered glass or Zagg-style unscratchable plastic that would also be covered rather than the crappy, expensive things they sell now that scratch easily.

Not that they will, but they *should*.
    11-30-2015 04:17 PM
    Right, which was why I suggested that **Motorola** also sell replacements that were tempered glass or Zagg-style unscratchable plastic that would also be covered rather than the crappy, expensive things they sell now that scratch easily.
    Yes, that would be great. So I'd like to go that route. I assume that wouldn't void the warranty but I'd like to confirm that.
    11-30-2015 04:19 PM
    Right... keep their protective layer and add your own on top.

11-30-2015 05:24 PM
    Does the Verizon flexible glass screen protector go up and around the speakers and sensors or is it cut out around them?
    It's up and around, I really can't tell it's on there.
    11-30-2015 07:15 PM

Not that they will, but they *should*.
    Hey doogald does this that you speak of go in place of the shatter-shield or over it?
    11-30-2015 07:42 PM
    It goes over the shatter shield.
    11-30-2015 07:47 PM
    It goes over the shatter shield.
    Ok so replace shatter-shield then tempered glass Moto protector n call it a day. Woulda been nice for the shatter-shield to be tempered in the first place.
    11-30-2015 10:17 PM
    Ok so replace shatter-shield then tempered glass Moto protector n call it a day. Woulda been nice for the shatter-shield to be tempered in the first place.
    Replace no, tempered glass ON TOP OF yes

11-30-2015 10:54 PM
    Replace no, tempered glass ON TOP OF yes

Replace for me because mine is a bit scratched from keys, which btw has never scratched any of my other Moto Droids in the past, without any purchased protector
    12-01-2015 04:55 AM
    Look, this is clearly just a fantasy, but my idea is that Motorola sells different types of the outer lens replacements so that the phone remains under warranty but also provide scratch resistance or a better surface (tempered glass). It would be a replacement, not over the existing lens.
    12-01-2015 05:24 AM
    Look, this is clearly just a fantasy, but my idea is that Motorola sells different types of the outer lens replacements so that the phone remains under warranty but also provide scratch resistance or a better surface (tempered glass). It would be a replacement, not over the existing lens.
    Would be nice. A screen protector would add a sixth layer of screen to the phone.

I do feel that it was a low blow that Moto didn't make their existing shatter-shield tempered glass. But if they did that then hardly anybody would buy their stock SS replacement or tempered glass.
    12-01-2015 07:48 AM
    It does seem strange to me that you would want to put a sixth layer onto this screen but I do understand why if the screen is scratching too easily and that is one thing that puts me off this phone as if mine started to scratch easily it would bug me and here in the UK amazingly you can't get the Moto replacement covers! Figure that one out
    12-01-2015 12:07 PM
    I have an X Force and yes, it does scratch easily.
    07-15-2017 09:35 AM
54 123