Driod Turbo screen scratching easily

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Any one else experiencing the screen it seems it is easy to scratch.

Posted via the Android Central App

I put a screen protector on right away. I heard you can get replacements of that main screen from Motorola but once you do... Put a flexible screen protector on it.

tsparks1

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Verizon sells a screen protector they call flexible glass. It's what I'm using on mine. Really smooth and rated 9
h so won't scratch easily. Looks great on the device as well.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Verizon type glass as well. After reading about how east the screen scratches, I thought I better safe than sorry.

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone actually search for threads anymore? Are we seriously going to have a new one of these threads every week?

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone actually search for threads anymore? Are we seriously going to have a new one of these threads every week?

At least there's a title. The ones that bug me are the threads titled something similar to ""what do you think of this" or "I have a question"

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
At least there's a title. The ones that bug me are the threads titled something similar to ""what do you think of this" or "I have a question"

Dibs on starting the new thread next week!

And with the title being so clear makes the read or skip option easy.

I haven't got a screen protector yet, i guess i am waiting to see how this one does. I don't carry anything else in the pocket i carry my phone in, and though i have a case with slightly raised slides i still don't put my phone face down. I hope as careful i am i wont need to replace it for a long time.

SIDE NOTE: i havent seen anyone mention buying a replacement screen protector from motorola and figuring out if you order one for the moto x force it will not have the verizon check mark on it.

Check mark doesn't bother me, but that seems like a solution for someone who hates it.

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Dibs on starting the new thread next week!

And with the title being so clear makes the read or skip option easy.

I haven't got a screen protector yet, i guess i am waiting to see how this one does. I don't carry anything else in the pocket i carry my phone in, and though i have a case with slightly raised slides i still don't put my phone face down. I hope as careful i am i wont need to replace it for a long time.

SIDE NOTE: i havent seen anyone mention buying a replacement screen protector from motorola and figuring out if you order one for the moto x force it will not have the verizon check mark on it.

Check mark doesn't bother me, but that seems like a solution for someone who hates it.

Yes, it has been mentioned on this forum about buying the replacement and whether or not the check mark is on it. Confirmed by two sources (one of them me), to prove my point, I'll see if you can find it. It's really easy....

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
it would have been nice if they used Gorilla Glass on the 5th layer instead of a scratch-resistant screen cover.

And when you drop glass, what happens to it? It shatters...this screen won't shatter, it was designed to be this way. You can't have your cake and eat it too. There's always a compromise. If you want a super hard screen that won't scratch, then return the phone and get something with gorilla glass. Just don't ever drop it. Otherwise, stop complaining about this well known topic already.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
And when you drop glass, what happens to it? It shatters...this screen won't shatter, it was designed to be this way. You can't have your cake and eat it too. There's always a compromise. If you want a super hard screen that won't scratch, then return the phone and get something with gorilla glass. Just don't ever drop it. Otherwise, stop complaining about this well known topic already.

You sound a bit mad brah. Jus sayin

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

The top layer is user replaceable anyway, so why not a user-replaceable tempered glass layer instead (at least as an option)? Or use something like one of those Zagg style covers as a top layer; those are pretty unscratchable.

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
You sound a bit mad brah. Jus sayin

I'm sorry dude, it's just getting old. The people on here complaining can't seem to accept the fact that they have a screen that won't shatter. To me, what Motorola did was awesome. They broke the trend of glass displays and gave people a phone that can be dropped without that sheer terror of whether or not the screen will be in once piece when you pick the phone back up. Everyone who owns a smartphone has to know this feeling, and for whatever reason, they must be forgetting it and focusing on "oh, it's scratched!". So, order a replacement for $30, and as soon as you put it on, throw another screen protector on it. What other phone on the market let's you swap out the top lens for only $30, NONE! I already have my replacement sitting at home ready to go if need be.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry dude, it's just getting old. The people on here complaining can't seem to accept the fact that they have a screen that won't shatter. To me, what Motorola did was awesome. They broke the trend of glass displays and gave people a phone that can be dropped without that sheer terror of whether or not the screen will be in once piece when you pick the phone back up. Everyone who owns a smartphone has to know this feeling, and for whatever reason, they must be forgetting it and focusing on "oh, it's scratched!". So, order a replacement for $30, and as soon as you put it on, throw another screen protector on it. What other phone on the market let's you swap out the top lens for only $30, NONE! I already have my replacement sitting at home ready to go if need be.

Bet. I love Motorola and I agree that they hit it out the park with this phone in terms of durability. I'm not even sweating the minor scratches. I was upset at first because I baby'd it and something that wouldn't have normally scratched a screen did so. Maybe Gorilla Glass is too thick; or maybe there was no use for it because the Shatter-guard Moto created is better than it. It would be nice if they gave it more resistance to scratches, but it is by no means a deal-breaker.

sava700

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site

I had a nice slice in mine and was told to bring it back and they would replace the phone..I was taking my time doing that but then found out I had a major battery issue and the thing restarted corrupting apps. Shatterproof is fine but I think they need to be more clear on their advertising of it and sales of it that is will scratch very easily.

qonic

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I spent $12.00 on anti scratch 3- pack at Verizon that I put on my D2 this screen has to stay new looking at least 3 yrs for me.

srt8-in-largo

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Not sure what you guys are doing to your screens but I have no issues whatsoever.

Put you phone in your pocket with keys and sure, be prepared for scratches. Using your fingers to use the screen... no scratches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy