Driod Turbo screen scratching easily

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what you guys are doing to your screens but I have no issues whatsoever.

Put you phone in your pocket with keys and sure, be prepared for scratches. Using your fingers to use the screen... no scratches.

Yeah, same here. No scratches whatsoever in 2 weeks. And I haven't been overly careful with my phone.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Take a look at you dark screen with a light reflecting on it. Got to agree with the OP. I just noticed a lot of those fine scratches, like when you run your finger over a clean black car. I take good care of my phone, always in a felt lined case or my pocket with no other items.

darkmatter

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I've fallen in love with anti-glare (matte) screen protectors. I honestly don't know how I went so long with the shiny reflective glass.

Invader3K

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the screen seems to scratch easily. I got a very small scratch on mine within a couple days of getting the phone, and not even sure how it happened. Oh well, a cheap screen protector from a Verizon store solved that problem, and I can't even see the scratch anymore.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Nice fine scratches seem to come from nothing more than swiping your thumb across the screen

Posted via the Android Central App

Raring

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I put a screen protector on right away. I heard you can get replacements of that main screen from Motorola but once you do... Put a flexible screen protector on it.

THat is the plan here. The original top layer of the screen scratches easy.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
The top layer is user replaceable anyway, so why not a user-replaceable tempered glass layer instead (at least as an option)? Or use something like one of those Zagg style covers as a top layer; those are pretty unscratchable.

I'm interested in this. Remove the top layer and replace it with a new and improved one since lenovorola put a crap one on so that they could sell their own branded replacements. Lol $ make the world turn.

jmanches42

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm interested in this. Remove the top layer and replace it with a new and improved one since lenovorola put a crap one on so that they could sell their own branded replacements. Lol $ make the world turn.

Check into the fine print before you do that. Rumor has it that you might have a warranty issue if you remove their top layer and it breaks.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Check into the fine print before you do that. Rumor has it that you might have a warranty issue if you remove their top layer and it breaks.

How's this is Motorola sells replacement top screens

jmanches42

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Because you'd take off the Motorola top screen and replace it with a Motorola one? If you take the top screen off and put on a screen protector you bought you wouldn't have a Motorola one on it, therefore causing the potential problem.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon sells a screen protector they call flexible glass. It's what I'm using on mine. Really smooth and rated 9
h so won't scratch easily. Looks great on the device as well.
Does the Verizon flexible glass screen protector go up and around the speakers and sensors or is it cut out around them?

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
If you replace the shattershield with another screen protector, Motorola won't replace it under the warranty. Many people have been having success putting a glass protector over the plastic shield with no adverse effects.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Because you'd take off the Motorola top screen and replace it with a Motorola one? If you take the top screen off and put on a screen protector you bought you wouldn't have a Motorola one on it, therefore causing the potential problem.

Oh ok. So of you replace it with a Motorola one then the warranty is still intact?

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon flexible glass screen protector is a perfect fit on the T2. I've had it on since purchase. It has slot openings for the speakers and completely covers the sensors. No issues what so ever for me.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
The Verizon flexible glass screen protector is a perfect fit on the T2. I've had it on since purchase. It has slot openings for the speakers and completely covers the sensors. No issues what so ever for me.

But does this break warranty with Moto?

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
But does this break warranty with Moto?

Not if it you leave the top shatter-shield removable layer in place, and use the VZW glass protector on top of it. I've got 3 Turbo 2's configured that way -- they look great, and the glass is an excellent layer on top of the full shatter-shield stack.

I would NOT be confident that you could remove the top shatter-shield layer and replace it with a glass protector. I could easily imagine Motorola viewing this as voiding your warranty.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Not if it you leave the top shatter-shield removable layer in place, and use the VZW glass protector on top of it. I've got 3 Turbo 2's configured that way -- they look great, and the glass is an excellent layer on top of the full shatter-shield stack.

I would NOT be confident that you could remove the top shatter-shield layer and replace it with a glass protector. I could easily imagine Motorola viewing this as voiding your warranty.

Oh ok. But Moto sells shatter-shield replacements, so we're trying to figure out if using one of those voids the warranty.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Right, which was why I suggested that **Motorola** also sell replacements that were tempered glass or Zagg-style unscratchable plastic that would also be covered rather than the crappy, expensive things they sell now that scratch easily.

Not that they will, but they *should*.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Right, which was why I suggested that **Motorola** also sell replacements that were tempered glass or Zagg-style unscratchable plastic that would also be covered rather than the crappy, expensive things they sell now that scratch easily.

Yes, that would be great. So I'd like to go that route. I assume that wouldn't void the warranty but I'd like to confirm that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad