Driod Turbo screen scratching easily

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Right, which was why I suggested that **Motorola** also sell replacements that were tempered glass or Zagg-style unscratchable plastic that would also be covered rather than the crappy, expensive things they sell now that scratch easily.

Not that they will, but they *should*.

Hey doogald does this that you speak of go in place of the shatter-shield or over it?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Look, this is clearly just a fantasy, but my idea is that Motorola sells different types of the outer lens replacements so that the phone remains under warranty but also provide scratch resistance or a better surface (tempered glass). It would be a replacement, not over the existing lens.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Look, this is clearly just a fantasy, but my idea is that Motorola sells different types of the outer lens replacements so that the phone remains under warranty but also provide scratch resistance or a better surface (tempered glass). It would be a replacement, not over the existing lens.

Would be nice. A screen protector would add a sixth layer of screen to the phone.

I do feel that it was a low blow that Moto didn't make their existing shatter-shield tempered glass. But if they did that then hardly anybody would buy their stock SS replacement or tempered glass.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
It does seem strange to me that you would want to put a sixth layer onto this screen but I do understand why if the screen is scratching too easily and that is one thing that puts me off this phone as if mine started to scratch easily it would bug me and here in the UK amazingly you can't get the Moto replacement covers! Figure that one out :)

adamxt

Aug 19, 2017
Visit site
It does seem strange to me that you would want to put a sixth layer onto this screen but I do understand why if the screen is scratching too easily and that is one thing that puts me off this phone as if mine started to scratch easily it would bug me and here in the UK amazingly you can't get the Moto replacement covers! Figure that one out :)
The reason why it scratches easily is because it the top layer (of the Droid Turbo 2) is made out of plastic, that's why it doesn't"shatter", to deal with this I just place a 6th layer and I'm fine!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
That's the cost of it being shatterproof. You have to choose between shatterproof and scratchable, or more scratch resistant but shatters. Just get a tempered glass screen for it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon